1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness Demo

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

¨Since the release of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne - I had a dream to recreate Warcraft II campaigns using the Warcraft III engine capabilities.
I've been creating maps and models, doing long pauses, quitting and remaking stuff for years. When Warcraft III: Reforged was released it inspired me to finish this campaign.
At that time in early 2020 new teammates that were driven by the same inner fire, contributed to the project significantly.

Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness - is the attempt to reforge the Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness Campaign.

This is very complicated and challenging task because of great discrepancies between WC2 and WC3/WOW lore, different game mechanics (Naval) and big amount of chapters to make.
At the Current moment the maps for Tides of Darkness Orc campaign are almost finished and the polishing, voice acting and bugfixing process is in progress.
Since Custom campaign feature is not available yet, the team decided to release first 4 missions of ACT 1 of Tides of Darkness Orc campaign as demo maps.¨

- Tamplier777

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Gameplay is vastly improved from WC2, now including sidequests, creeps and other mechanics from WC3.
- Warcraft 2 economy (prices and resource gain, no tax rates)
- Naval resource - Oil
- Naval buildings and ships
- Dual tech-trees for buildings (basic and advanced)

Custom Assets and more will feature both WarCraft II aesthetic as well as appearances from World of Warcraft.
- Custom models for most units and buildings
- Snowcaps system for all buildings in winter tileset for deeper immersion
- Dynamic weather and fog
- Bloodsplats during the fights as well as prolonged corpse decay time for more realism
- Voiced over dialogues (some still not final!)

Lore / Story will be heavy drawn from established lore in original games, World of Warcraft, Chronicles and other book series.
While there are some discrepancies when it comes to certain events and characters,
we made sure to deliver a clean, straight and presentable series of events that transpired in the second war.

- In the book Teron'gor was kiled in the assault of Temple of the Dead, and Rakmar Sharpfang survived.
Later Rakmar was sacrificed by Gul'dan in a ritual to create Deathknights.
In the campaign we switched their fates to pop up Teron, since he is more important character for the warcraft 2 plot unfolding.
Rakmar will be shown as deathknight cameo.

- In the official Lore Orgrim personally slayed the warlocks in the temple of the damned and imprisoned Gul'dan.
In the campaign Orgrim was busy with Stormwind siege and ordered Temple of the Damned siege to Blackhand sons that submitted to Orgrim after he killed their father.

- In official lore of the second war the main leader of the missions is Utok Scratcher.
In campaign he will be shown orc semi-hero (i.e. Naisha, Falric..), and in human campaign he will be a hero enemy boss during the siege of Lordaeron.

Characters from the original early games will be featured in our campaign.
- Rend Blackhand (available in demo)
- Maim Blackhand
- Zuljin (available in demo)
- Zuluhed the Whacked
- Cho'gall
- Gul'dan
- Orgrim Doomhammer
- Nekros Skullcrusher

[​IMG]

[​IMG] no u

Q: How do I play this?
A: Download the maps unpack them from each subfolder so you have all missions from 01 to 04 place them in your Warcraft III\Maps\Download folder
Start WC3, Single Player, Custom Game and enjoy from mission 01!
Opening the map in World Editor is disabled, the campaign is Reforged HD settings only.

Q: When will the whole Orcish campaign be released?
A: There is no precise answer for this question. We have all the maps, but still need to record voice acting, fix bugs, polish cinematics, make models for the Dwarven tech-tree.
We also have jobs and families. All we can say - we are trying our best!

Q: Is this a final version? If not, when we got the updates?
A:Hotfixes and simple things can be updated soon. But major requests will be analysed and probably will be included in final release.

Q: Voice Acting, cinematics, spelling errors etc. could be better.
A: Yes, as stated in intro screen voices aren't final. We will work with professionals and passionate fans to deliver the best we can, that applies to cinematics and grammar as well.
If you're interested in Voice Acting and have a good mic setup (pod mic for example), contact ShadiHD on our discord (links below).

Q: Some missions feel a bit slow and could use more action, will you improve them?
A: Yes, we have received a wast amount of feedback, thank you all for it! Mission 01 will be reworked to an extend, making it more enjoyable.
Some other aspects have already been fixed, such as oil resource. We're trying our best to make the game enjoyable!

Q: How is the lore set up, what about this or that retcon in missions?
A:
Mission sequence follows WarCraft II. Novels and WoW lore is used to give more depth to the story. Things like conquest of Khaz Modan will be shown in cutscenes,
same as with some other expanded or not playable lore bits from WarCraft universe.

Q: Do you guys plan to share the custom models?
A: We are, but not all at one time. Some WoW-related models will be available before campaign release.
Part of the models will be released when the Orcish campaign is finished and another part with subsequent campaigns.

Q: Is there a way to support you?
A: If you want to support us financially, you can do so via PayPal (you don't need to register, best solution is to donate with a credit card, and set a note).
Add a note when donating with the nick/name you want us to put in supporters list, or keep it completely anonymous, we'll very thankful regardless!
Under Activision Blizzard's new Policy, we cannot provide any privilege features such as early access or locked content for backers,
so everyone will get the same content at the end, but that's just ok with us!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can follow our progress regarding models and other assets here on Hive:
WarCraft: Chronicles of the Second War | HIVE

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tamplier777 - core plot writing, modelling, animating, triggering, mapping, lore tweaking, project assembling

ShadiHD - team & project management, custom modelling and texturing, voice acting, mapping, lore tweaking, assembling

Moonman - modelling and texturing, icons, presentation & video montage

Bagysta - modelling and texturing (orc characters)

Triceron - custom modelling and texturing (unique units and characters)

• Special thanks for Hiveworkshop members, be it resources or direct support:

- Zenmaster PR management and lore support
    - Trolldaeron concept art
    - InsaneMonster for his research in lipsinc
    - Mr.Goblin for Logo
    - Mythic for custom HD ability models
    - Retera for his amazing Model Studio
    - HerrDave for his help with English grammar and text/dialogues reivew
    - terrio for help with triggers
    - Vulfar for knowledge sharing in modeling
    - Sunchips for animated grass model
    - Stanakin for duck model
    - antontama (for icons)

• Many thanks for those who tested our maps first:

- Nagax
    - Kam (aka Arcitct)
    - InsaneMonster
    - Shar Dundred
    - Mythic

• Thanks you so much for donating to our project:

- ThralltheOG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• + Utok's ability renamed to Self heal with fixed tooltip
    + Chapters renamed in map info to Chapter 01-04 instead of chapter one for better sorting in maps folder
    + Mission 04 - Added Towers on the shore
    + Mission 01 - If Rend dies, he will be shown in cinematic anyway
    + Mission 01 - second goldmine will be hidden in cliffs until humans arrival
    + Mission 02 - trolls conversations - fixed long pauses between quotes
    + Mission 02 - fixed capital letters in quest requirements
    + Mission 04 - Killing kids is not necessary now but it is possible.

• + Oil negative values fix
    + Oil UI warning added (Insufficient Oil)
    + Chapter 02 path spacing and trees cosmetic fix
    + Chapter 02 Rend hidden when cinematic skipped fix
    + Chapter 03 tent cosmetic fix

• Mission01
    + Resources cap decreased to 10 / 15 /20 K for easy / normal / hard
    + Tweaked trigger queueing
    + Added drops of lumber when tents are destroyed
    + Smoothed camera transisions
    Mission02
    + Player need to train 10 grunts instead of 5 in order to be more prepared to assault on prison camp
    + Zuljin will be freed when the Tower beside him is destroyed + trigger code refactoring + camera pauses removed
    + Elven Emissary renamed to Milan
    + Disabled creepsleep at night
    Mission03
    + Camera timings smoothed in the intro cinematic
    Mission04
    + Camera timings smoothed
    + Utok animation bug fixed
    + Meryn will be hidden if he is alive in the beginning of midgame cinematic instead of the end

• Mission 03
    + Oil rigs and oil amount quest completion bug fixed (faced by WTii)
    + Peon swap scaling bug fixed
    Mission 01
    + Quest message resources completed showed on final cinematic bug fixed

Contents

Chapter 01 (Map)

Chapter 02 (Map)

Chapter 03 (Map)

Chapter 04 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
I've already had the honor of trying this campaign, so I can safely say without a doubt that I approve it & look forward to seeing its further development! A job well done!
  1. Moonman

Moonman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Note: For those who haven't followed us, this is an HD only campaign, it can't be played in Classic.

Update: Join our Discord server to discuss the campaign, give feedback or just talk about WarCraft relates topics: https://discord.gg/K3ppgG4

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, basically the first campaign in the campaign section made for Reforged (along with Spoon's 2p series and Insanemonster's prologue remake). Pretty neat. Congrats to all the people working hard on this project.

3. InsaneMonster

InsaneMonster

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Congrats folks!

4. papastreck

papastreck

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome! Models, land and optional missions are cool. I passed the first three missions and found a bug: When I order 4 destroyers with 4 shipyards and have 700 oil, all 4 destroyers are ordered, but I am left with -2100 oil.

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've already had the honor of trying this campaign, so I can safely say without a doubt that I approve it & look forward to seeing its further development!
    A job well done!

6. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Cool, never tried to send order from multiple shipyards)

7. Draego

Draego

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wanted to check this out and it gave me an excuse to get WC3 reforged (ive been meaning to play it). i downloaded this demo and put in maps folder in documents folder. Is there something else i need to download for the assets or did i put in wrong area ? i tried playing and most of the assets are missing.

8. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    this campaign is only for HD mode
    absense of assets could be in SD

9. Reaver

Reaver

Resources:
    Resources:
    The problem isn't the fact that we can't play this custom campaign in WC3 Classic.
    The problem is we have to pay, or have paid, Activision/Blizzard for having WC3 Reforged while I would like to give the money to you guys for making the remastered of this masterpiece.

10. Draego

Draego

Resources:
    Resources:
    i just bought Reforged today, then downloaded this demo, added to Documents\Warcraft III\Maps, opened game and went to single player , custom games, opened map 1 and most of assets are white and menu area is green. I checked the options and its set to Reforged and not classic. i also checked the preferences file and hd=1

11. Moonman

Moonman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There are quite a few bug-ridden meme games that were made great with modder, Skyrim/Fallout 4 is the first thing on my mind.
    We cannot provide this campaign without Reforged, it's just how it is, luckely Reforged sells at half the proce of a AAA game, so if there are enough good projects for it, I would hope the initial nay-sayers would at least get the game for mods.

Regarding donations... we are trying to set up some method that would work for us and those who want to support us.
    One issue is the cuts all those platforms take, let's say some crowdfunding platform takes 5% + 0.3$ each donation, transferring it to another bank or paypal would yet again cost ~5%.
    An option would be to perhaps directly make a paypal account for donations, so less money would disappear in those cuts, however there would be no automatic transparency, like money already acquired compared to crowdfunding sites. However we could pay voice actors directly from paypal...
    What do you guys think?

12. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    That is weird. Has anybody here reproduced this issue?

13. Furry

Furry

Resources:
    Resources:
    GRAAAAAAPSSS:vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf:

14. Draego

Draego

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok it looks like its my installation. It is not the maps themselves

15. Moonman

Moonman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Indeed has to be it, I cannot replicate the issue. Usually something like that occurs when players have lowest possible settings, but we have solved this issue long ago by properly saving textures.
    As you said, it's a very fresh install, perhaps some files were missing, or a simple PC restart could fix it?

16. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    looking forward to test this later! I'm excited!

17. DealO

DealO

Resources:
    Resources:
    I couldn't beat the first mission because the quest where I had to kill the human scouts didn't finish even after I killed all of them. (Except one boat that was out of reach)
    Maybe it's because I build a base where on their landing-spot before they arrived?

18. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    hmm, maybe footman lost in the forest? trigger checks that there is no living units of human player on the island

19. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This looks awesome! Good job guys! Can't wait to test it out. Keep up the good work!