• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Christmas is Close What are you hoping for Christmas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
In the Netherlands the character of Santa Claus, as known in the United States (with his white beard, red and white outfit, etc.), is entirely distinct from Sinterklaas, known instead as de Kerstman (trans. the Christmasman). Although Sinterklaas is the predominant gift-giver in the Netherlands in December (36% of the population only give presents on Sinterklaas day), Christmas is used by another fifth of the Dutch population to give presents (21% give presents on Christmas only). Some 26% of the Dutch population give presents on both days.

(...)

In the British colonies of North America and later the United States, British and Dutch versions of the gift-giver merged further. For example, in Washington Irving's History of New York, (1809), Sinterklaas was Americanized into "Santa Claus" but lost his bishop's apparel, and was at first pictured as a thick-bellied Dutch sailor with a pipe in a green winter coat. Irving's book was a lampoon of the Dutch culture of New York, and much of this portrait is his joking invention.

I would like to have a PS3, so do my brothers and sisters too.

Level 13
Not here in Spain. Ironically, it's one of the coldests winters we've had in the past 2 decades. So the Pyrenees says yes, we've got snow!

Level 34
I actually haven't told anyone what I want. I'll probably get snowboarding gear since it's the obvious choice when buying for me. New boots would be nice. My damn toes always freeze even with thermal socks.

The real question is what I'm going to get the person I have to buy for. Shopping sucks.

Level 34
It looks repetitive and boring.

Edit: Damnit brad... this was in response to MK vs DC

Level 5
No Kurt Russel really wasnt the right guy for the movie and Jack aka Richard Dean Anderson
didnt have to be bad ass the role wasnt supposed to be bad ass and he was hilarious Stargate SG-1 RULES!

Level 34
I agree too, all the Vs games suck, the only one I liked was the original Marvel vs. Capcom, and even then Canon Spike was better, though it was only Capcom characters.
No doubt. Dreamcast ftw. I could live on MvC and Power Stone.

Although how the hell did Power Stone get it's own show?

Level 6
The real question is what I'm going to get the person I have to buy for. Shopping sucks.

Too true, but a general tip is this:

Anyways, I'm hoping for some games.. maybe.. maybe.. umm, Mario Kart for my Wii or something.

I'll probably get some socks.

Level 17
Money.

But Christmas is to spend time with your family, not getting expensive stuff.

Level 13
im hoping diablo III comes out for Christmas :D

Aint going to happen they dont even have all the skills ready yet LOL
all i want is the reputaion in this site to go away and!!!!!!!
MY TWO FRONT THEETH LOL SRRY had to
nah but really more like WoW LotLK and reputaion in this site to go away

Level 17
I am hoping for Stargate Sg-1 Seasons 7,8,9 and 10! IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT USA HOLIDAYS DONT WASTE YOUR TIME POSTING GARBAGE!

We have Xmas in Europe you know.
I'm getting Left 4 Dead as my xmas present, and some random stuff that's still a surprise.
But the main thing I like about xmas is the huge dinner we get, darn I love those dinners.

Level 6
For this Christmas I wish that I somehow magically become a better person that has a bright future and not one that involves fifty years of dishwashing 40 hours a week.

Level 6
I want..

Medivh's Tower membership. Definately.

That's the third post I made in this thread by the way. I'm a greedy bastard.

Level 9
I am hoping for Stargate Sg-1 Seasons 7,8,9 and 10! IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT USA HOLIDAYS DONT WASTE YOUR TIME POSTING GARBAGE!

-----> Duuuuude... Christmas isn't just a holiday celebrated in the USA! <-------

I'm not sure what i'de like... apart from my girlfriend to give me a strip tease in a mrs. Santa outfit... I doubt very much that'll happen though D:

Status
Not open for further replies.