• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What was the best present you got for Christmas 2005!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
yeah but here in romania if u want a good video card you have to make command from other countrys :( this was the best card in the store :evil:

Level 21
oh i see! yeh i think a 9550 will handle most games so long as its xt or something (im not sure what the suffexes of the radeon cards are) but probably not at full graphics. the 9000 was very reliable (as i remember) i had a 9600 and it never failed me, untill i accedently installed some weird drivers, then i complained to my parents and instead of me having to fix it i just got nvidia. and ive been an nvidia fan ever since.

Level 2
im an nvidia fan too..i mean all my other graphic cards were nvidia but this card was the best there....and they hadn't got any good nvidia cards so i had to settle with this...(i knew it was good beaucouse my brother computer uses this card)

Level 21
mainly the drivers, name and somethings with the big chip in the middle. the actual chips are very similar, however the drivers, and the way the software interfaces with the hardware is different. personally i prefer nvidia because the drivers have become much more stable and catalyst is known for being a bit dodgey.

Status
Not open for further replies.