• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Check out our new bridges :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30

bridges.jpg

I finally found those chain models i was looking for :D

Level 17
We should try to find another badass looking bridge that doesnt vanish, or ask a modeler to make a new one or fix the vanish bug with this one. I played with my friend today (class mate) and the first he said was
Its kind of annoying when the bridges dissapears all the time...

Other then that, this looks epic.

Maybe add some kind of event at the siege breaker so he is stuck on some chains or something when he runs out and then he destorys them by using an animation when he appears. xP

Level 19
You guys do know that it is caused by the engine and not a bug right? The engine makes doodads, destructibles dissappear when they're out the default camera range. The camera in this map is zoomed way out making the show/hide feature visible.

Level 30
You guys do know that it is caused by the engine and not a bug right? The engine makes doodads, destructibles dissappear when they're out the default camera range. The camera in this map is zoomed way out making the show/hide feature visible.

Aye :) normally its not a problem, however, the default bridge size is tiny, and ive blown it up by about 800%. So basically, warcraft thinks the doodad is off the page (because it would be if the size was 100%) when in fact, its still visible to the player :p

Level 17
Ofc it is not caused by a bug. A bug is something that shouldent repeat itself. A bug was actually when there was a bug inside a computer long ago.. thats mainly what it is.
Basicly we could call it a glitch since that means problem. And that is for sure a problem.
Maybe we could try to find someone to make a badass bridge for us with the 100% size bigger so that it will have better quality to?

Level 30
Ofc it is not caused by a bug. A bug is something that shouldent repeat itself. A bug was actually when there was a bug inside a computer long ago.. thats mainly what it is.
Basicly we could call it a glitch since that means problem. And that is for sure a problem.
Maybe we could try to find someone to make a badass bridge for us with the 100% size bigger so that it will have better quality to?

aye :) What we really need is a bridge model that bigger by default :p

Level 19
But we could get a better model and better quality on the model+skin if we do find another model that is made at a big scale by default. But we can still use that as a temporary idea. Or just use it permanent.

CloudWolf manually created that bridge out of existing doodads. A new model would require a lot more file space so we I think just increasing the bridge's model size would be sufficient.

Level 30
CloudWolf manually created that bridge out of existing doodads. A new model would require a lot more file space so we I think just increasing the bridge's model size would be sufficient.

As far as space goes, Ive managed to save us a little bit anyways :) Im been removing so unnecesary stuff, and reducing the texture quality here and there, but only a small bit so people wont notice :D

Map size is currently 3.55kb :)

Level 1
this looks good
and yes the flag has to go
(or it could stay as an easter egg or something) lol

Level 14
as far as space goes, ive managed to save us a little bit anyways :) im been removing so unnecesary stuff, and reducing the texture quality here and there, but only a small bit so people wont notice :d

map size is currently 3.55kb :)

3.55 kb!?

Level 14
That is actually counted as spam... Your smart enough to find out that he means 3.55 mb by yourself. Please make an usefull post next time >.<

Sorry for that,

I think that the texture for the bridge should be the same as the tileset that you're using, that way the terrain and the bridge looks better together.

Level 2
The bridge doesn't really match the terrain. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that.

EDIT: Not a terrain statement, but when you get to the last boss, those minions don't appear until after you kill him. When they came during the middle of the fight, that screwed us up. :(

Level 9
Its like he is floating on air. Bridge need a new skin to look like the rest of the floor/ground.

Now a little off this topic but still in this forum. I gotto say that this looks Fantastic after all, I mean, realy amazing. Is there a way that I could...play it already?:cute:

Level 19
Its like he is floating on air. Bridge need a new skin to look like the rest of the floor/ground.

Now a little off this topic but still in this forum. I gotto say that this looks Fantastic after all, I mean, realy amazing. Is there a way that I could...play it already?:cute:

We've replaced multiple doodad textures to make the overall atmosphere fit better. I sure you'll enjoy the change. :p

Level 3
When u summon on this bridge with Witch doctor, your monsters shall go down in hole, not on bridge. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.