• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos Space Orc Reforged

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hey. This is an old model I made a long time ago. Not sure why it was not uploaded until now. I think I had been dealing with some Hive site issues preventing upload for a while.

This model is my personal remake of the Chaos Space Orc unit in the Reforged style.

Feel free to edit this and make whatever you want from it. I was probably just doing a systems test with the Retera Model Studio program to make sure things worked in the program.
Contents

Chaos Space Orc Reforged (Model)

@Mr Ogre man
It's actually a bit weird to have this model in the fixed original Reforged assets section. So, I tried to describe this carefully in my model descriptions, but most of my other "Fixed Beta" assets are literally uploads of Blizzard's artwork, sometimes reformatted from MDX900 format to MDX1000.

This model is a geomerge of the Reforged Terran Marine model, the Reforged Grunt model for the head, and the Reforged Orc Car model for the shoulderpads. In that sense, unlike my other uploads that were recently moved to this new Fixed Original Reforged Models section, this model represents some custom "artistry of geomerging" done by Retera and not by Blizzard in some sense...

Although obviously the Chaos Space Orc Reforged feels like something that should have been in Reforged Beta. And since the release client of Reforged removed the SD Chaos Space Orc asset, I could almost see how this asset might have been moved to this section to poke fun at Blizzard.

But really, if this asset is included in the Fixed Original Reforged Assets section, then we suddenly have a pretty gray line. The way I see it as it is now, I would think Reforged Arthas Unmounted should be included in this new Fixed Original section because there is an ingame model of Arthas dismounted that doesnt work right and has no animation, so a better one "fixes" it, but then Lich King Reforged should stay and remain out in the normal model section because it innovates on the concept of the asset by adding a helmet that Blizzard did not add on their own to any Reforged asset. By that same logic, a Terran Marine with geomerged car parts as shoulderpads and a Grunt head "innovates" on the concept of a marine and is not a literal restoration of a glitched or removed ingame asset. On the flipside, the Thrall Mountless is added to this section despite having a custom attack and spell animation that I created, because again there is already a Thrall (dismounted) ingame unit that just doesnt work properly because of missing animations.

But what if @HolyRavioli actually spent longer "making" his custom animations (importing, tweaking frames in Retera Model Studio animation editor, etc) for the dismounted Arthas than how long I spent geomerging some trash onto a Terran Marine to make this Reforged Chaos Space Orc? If I had it my way that I'm suggesting and this Chaos Space Orc was considered "custom" and HolyRavioli's was labelled "fixed original," would he then feel cheated that his work was being misattributed to Blizzard?

Maybe it is my own fault in some sense for adding the #Blizzard tag to this model. I was probably just clicking hastily and poking fun at how it feels like this asset would be a fitting HD version of the old Blizzard SD model.

Edit: Another example to consider is the difference between this literal re-upload of a lost Reforged asset versus an incredibly similar trashy animation transfer of a druid of the talon into the Reforged release client's MalFurion. The latter doesn't even have a dissipate animation, I just used it as a stand in character in a YouTube video I was making back when I didn't know about the lost Reforged Beta asset.

I guess I need to go find the rules of this new Fixed Original section.

Last edited:
There are no definite rules still, I just considered it to be a very valuable asset for people who want to change their SD map to HD and want to use the orc marine. Do not consider that this model is inferior or unoroginal.
If someone made the wolverine orc, I'd add it here as well.

All in all, if you rather have this model in the normal section it's perfectly ok. It's true that this model is quite in a gray line, like that arthas model.