• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cataclysm AoS v1.17

An AoS-Style map based on the World of Warcraft Universe.

Fight in yet another epic battle between the forces of Azeroth in a struggle for the worlds diminishing resources. Fight as the Horde, or the Alliance in a team-based and co-operative assault against the opposing team.

This is an early release of the map so there's much to be updated, however, it's fully playable in it's current state and makes for an interesting play online :)

- Hero balancing
- Fixed broken tooltips
- Fixed pathing bugs

- Buffed up some of the melee heroes
- New Merchants
- Made room for high-res Gilneas skin
- New middle-class Items

- Hero balancing
- Terrain Updates
- New Skins
- New Worgen Curse Event
- New Items

- Hero balancing (Buffed up melee heroes a little)
- New Custom Death Coil ability to replace the old.
- Unit balancing
- New Minimap and icons

- Fixed an urgent bug with the Fire Nova ability
- Fixed a broken model for the Horde Hunter
- Unit balancing

- Nerfed Shaman Class
- New Items
- Changed location of dwarf event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count Update
- Outpost Guardians now get crit hit towards the end of the game

- New Shaman Class
- New Items
- Extra loot from bosses
- Boss loot now goes to the killing player
- Deathwing final event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count on the leader-board (in-progress)
- New Skins / Models
- Terrain Updates

- New Hunter Ultimate
- New Items
- Random loot-drop for bosses
- New Models / Skins
- Skill Balancing
- New Skills

- Unit Balancing
- New loading screen
- Leaderboard size/style Adjustments
- Terrain Updates
- New Preview Pic
- New Skins and models
- Hero ability balancing
- Renamed to "Cataclysm AoS"

- Unit Balancing
- New faction spell-caster abilities
- Icons on the leaderboard
- Heroes now spawn with 50% mana
- Added new information to the quest dialog
- Terrain Updates
- Smaller file-size
- New high-res loading screen

- New Hero Classes (Warrior and Rogue)
- Unit Balancing
- Path Fixes
- New Spells
- Bug Fixes
- Added new information to the quest dialog

- Unit/Game Balancing
- New Event
- Bug Fixes
- Leak Fixes
- New Items
- New Spells

- Unit Balancing
- Player names now show colours in game messages
- Bug fixes
- Reduced health of town halls
- New unit models

- Nerfed tower HP and damage
- Nerfed event units so they make less of an impact on the game
- Items give higher stat increases
- Pathing fixes
- Added a "Death" counter to the leaderboard
- Reduced basic item and unit upgrade costs

Models
- apaka
- levigeorge1617
- General Frank
- Vermillion Edict
- JokeMaster
- Sellenisko

Skins
- Cycloverid
- Darkholme
- zadelim

Icons
- Darkfang
- Blizzard Entertainment
- -Berz-
- bigapple90
- viiva
- NFWar

logo.png

Please Note: I am a firm believer in open-source maps. Therefore, all my projects are free to download and open in the editor.

Tags: Cataclysm AoS Map CloudWolf

Keywords:
Cataclysm, World of Warcraft, World, Of, Warcraft, AoS, DotA, battle, fight, control, capture, tower, pvp
Contents

Cataclysm AoS v1.17 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/12 17:22:36 Reasons: Other: Comment: Re-moderating with reviews and rating! Raven0: 4.2/5 -> 4/5 - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1755516-post175.html VGsatomi: 5/5 -...
Level 6
I don't like the hero choose system. Of course it looks very good, but id doesn't seem very comfortable (don't know if I chose word correctly). I think it can be done in any other way =)

Level 2
Terrain and model/skin is very awesome :thumbs_up:, but the skills description is horrible :thumbs_down:, and only a few heroes :vw_unimpressed:. 2.5/5

Level 5
nice map but i don't like the small number of heroes to choose, the small amount of items and the undead random event, and the lich king is an overlord, i'm sure there is a top 20 models and there is a lich king there, the archer ultimate skill is the most useless skill and the only way to use it without killing yourself is to find a spot which is hard for players to quit but you will get surrounded and still die in the end.

Level 21
Pets in Warcraft III?
What is this?
LOL....

Well anyway would be fun to actually do some quests and get experience from creeps and objectives, but instead of killing off the other team.
Just my ideas I like sharing.

Oh and a guild feature where you can actually go and kill off powerful creeps without having to risk the battle between the Horde and Alliance.

Level 15
Review

I had some free time and decided to play you'r map. I only played by myself and I have some complaints but overall I had a fun time playing it and thought it was rather well-done.

First time I've reviewed a map - here's my setup:

Terrain 0 / 10
Interface 0 / 5
Gameplay 0 / 15
Balance 0 / 5
Innovation 0 / 5
Terrain
The best part of this map. You captured the cataclysm aspect perfectly and the environment as a whole seemed to blend together. The Alliance castle was especially well done. The environment was a little plain in some areas; which was particularily odd considered it's supposed to be a jungle which means lots of dense overgrowth.

Overall good to see an AoS with something more than half-assed terrain...

Positive

+ environment blends well together
+ excellent use of raise and lower tools
+ water and lava were well done
+ well placed trees and rocks
+ alliance base is epic ^-^
Negative

- some spots were plain and un-detailed
Score

7.5/10
Interface

Most alright, nothing spectacular. There are lots of small things you need to fix up (mistakes and just overall polish). The multiboard was rather dissapointing, it should show alot more info imo.

Positive

+ quest log is appropriately modified and gives tips/hints
+ an active multiboard is in use (but doesn't show much)
+ spelling and grammer is correct (from what I saw)
Negative

- gold, lumber, and food tooltips did not match map
- lumber and food slots were unused
- a few incorrect buff tooltips (rally, slow)
- empty player slots still show in multiboard
- epic items don't give ability descriptions
- learn tooltips don't say how much mana they cost
- multiboard gives little information

Score

2/5
Gameplay

This AoS has some very unique ideas and I think they are implemented well. However there are plent of AoS aspects that this map needs to work on (items for example)

Positive

+ random special events were a great idea and kept the map interesting
+ control point idea is great and allows players to be more flexible with how they spend their time
+ alliance and horde theme was implemented well and added alot to the game
+ the class I played had great spell effects
Negative

- creep waves start wayyyy too early (I barely had time to pick a hero)
- xp radius needs to be decreased (I was gaining levels while standing at the epic shop or in my base)
- need dissipate timers on random event units (infernals that are dropped at some remote region of the map stay there forever)
- only 14 equippable non-epic items and it's an AoS...
- no equipment advancement or customization
- the increased ms of mounted units is pointless since they just reach the opposing teams wave too soon and get slaughtered
- there was no archer on the middle tower, so what is the point of capturing it? (I guess visibility)
- after playing and finishing a game I still have absolutely no idea how to do side-quests or enter the dungeon-style area (multiplayer option only?)
- you need to make it so the upgrade shop can be accessed from anywhere on the map
Score

11/15
Balance

A few notable issues with this (particularily involving heroes) but the general creep waves are pretty much balanced and I didn't have many complaints)

Positive

+ creep balance between teams is done right
+ creep balance between towers is done right
+ creep balance agaisn't hero abilities is done right
+ towers were somewhat difficult to capture in the beginning but easy and soloable by the end (as they should be)
Negative

- creeps are extraordinarily strong in the beginning and it's nearly imposible to get a killing blow in w/o using an abilitiy
- auto-attack is way too weak and needs to be buffed
- abilities for the Death Knight were mundane and didn't seem to go well together (no synergy). I felt like by the end of the game I was just spamming whatever wasn't on CD with no thought into what I was doing at all.
Score

3/5
Innovation

This map offers more new than old while still holding on to the AoS-feel

Positive

+ creep waves have many different creep types which makes combat interesting
+ having to adapt to special events was fun and exciting
+ "loot" idea with special events was great (but you need to add a dissipate timer to the loot)
+ although I never actually figure out how to enter a dungeon or do side-quests the idea is very cool and very innovative and would require players to have to balance between risking the enemy team pusing forward and yet getting phat lootz from quests and bosses.
+ creep ugrade system was a good idea but you need to have more options and it needs to be accessible from anywhere on the map (especially if you'r fighting in the middle and need that extra royal guard push)
Negative

- nothing new (infact alot lacking) as far as items go
- heros had more abilities than usual but overall it was the same old thing as far as heros go
Score

4.5/5
End Review

Overall I really liked this map. It needs some work in a few areas and I hope you get around to improving it (though i've heard you have moved on to SC2 and will no longer be doing WC3 :/ ). Good luck with your' mapping, once I finish my current project I will be moving over to SC2 as well and joining u guys over at UDmod ^-^.

Also, I only did this review to give my general feedback and overall suggestions. So if anybody feels the need to flame and pick apart my review then go ahead, knock yourself out.

Score

Terrain 7.5 / 10
Interface 2.0 / 5
Gameplay 11 / 15
Balance 3 / 5
Innovation 4.5 / 5

Final 28/40
Curve 28/40 * 1.2 = 33.6
Conversion (5/40) * 33.6 = 4.2

Hive Score 4.2/5

Level 7
Pets in Warcraft III?
What is this?
LOL....

Well anyway would be fun to actually do some quests and get experience from creeps and objectives, but instead of killing off the other team.
Just my ideas I like sharing.

Oh and a guild feature where you can actually go and kill off powerful creeps without having to risk the battle between the Horde and Alliance.

It's not RPG, but AoS ...

Level 21
Indeed it is.
DOTA lost its touch of my interests and this by far is awesome.

Too bad my Battlenet is being a bitch, but I would love to this online with other people.

Level 3
map is great i played it at least 10 times. but:
-team colors are very bad and i cannot see well on mini map where are the creeps , alliance has same color as water and horde has same color as terrain.
-also you should make creeps a lot weaker, during the counter offense of creeps it happens that there are over 50 creeps in group and they are veery hard to stop.

Level 1
The excellent map, but is pair of minuses:
- It is possible and make events in a casual order.
- To make TrueSight at towers at the main building

Excuse for bad English

Level 37
I hope you fix the leaks in the following triggers as soon as possible:

Undead Defense
Ignore Armour
Soul Burn
Sword Throw
Death
All triggers in control points folder

I'd also like to see more custom, triggered spells. I played the mage, and with Siphon mana, Phoenix, Flame Strike, mana regen aura and Soul Burn, it just is a Jaina/Kael hybrid and not a unique, interesting hero.

It was fun though.