• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cataclysm AoS v1.17

An AoS-Style map based on the World of Warcraft Universe.

Fight in yet another epic battle between the forces of Azeroth in a struggle for the worlds diminishing resources. Fight as the Horde, or the Alliance in a team-based and co-operative assault against the opposing team.

This is an early release of the map so there's much to be updated, however, it's fully playable in it's current state and makes for an interesting play online :)

- Hero balancing
- Fixed broken tooltips
- Fixed pathing bugs

- Buffed up some of the melee heroes
- New Merchants
- Made room for high-res Gilneas skin
- New middle-class Items

- Hero balancing
- Terrain Updates
- New Skins
- New Worgen Curse Event
- New Items

- Hero balancing (Buffed up melee heroes a little)
- New Custom Death Coil ability to replace the old.
- Unit balancing
- New Minimap and icons

- Fixed an urgent bug with the Fire Nova ability
- Fixed a broken model for the Horde Hunter
- Unit balancing

- Nerfed Shaman Class
- New Items
- Changed location of dwarf event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count Update
- Outpost Guardians now get crit hit towards the end of the game

- New Shaman Class
- New Items
- Extra loot from bosses
- Boss loot now goes to the killing player
- Deathwing final event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count on the leader-board (in-progress)
- New Skins / Models
- Terrain Updates

- New Hunter Ultimate
- New Items
- Random loot-drop for bosses
- New Models / Skins
- Skill Balancing
- New Skills

- Unit Balancing
- New loading screen
- Leaderboard size/style Adjustments
- Terrain Updates
- New Preview Pic
- New Skins and models
- Hero ability balancing
- Renamed to "Cataclysm AoS"

- Unit Balancing
- New faction spell-caster abilities
- Icons on the leaderboard
- Heroes now spawn with 50% mana
- Added new information to the quest dialog
- Terrain Updates
- Smaller file-size
- New high-res loading screen

- New Hero Classes (Warrior and Rogue)
- Unit Balancing
- Path Fixes
- New Spells
- Bug Fixes
- Added new information to the quest dialog

- Unit/Game Balancing
- New Event
- Bug Fixes
- Leak Fixes
- New Items
- New Spells

- Unit Balancing
- Player names now show colours in game messages
- Bug fixes
- Reduced health of town halls
- New unit models

- Nerfed tower HP and damage
- Nerfed event units so they make less of an impact on the game
- Items give higher stat increases
- Pathing fixes
- Added a "Death" counter to the leaderboard
- Reduced basic item and unit upgrade costs

Models
- apaka
- levigeorge1617
- General Frank
- Vermillion Edict
- JokeMaster
- Sellenisko

Skins
- Cycloverid
- Darkholme
- zadelim

Icons
- Darkfang
- Blizzard Entertainment
- -Berz-
- bigapple90
- viiva
- NFWar

logo.png

Please Note: I am a firm believer in open-source maps. Therefore, all my projects are free to download and open in the editor.

Tags: Cataclysm AoS Map CloudWolf

Keywords:
Cataclysm, World of Warcraft, World, Of, Warcraft, AoS, DotA, battle, fight, control, capture, tower, pvp
Contents

Cataclysm AoS v1.17 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/12 17:22:36 Reasons: Other: Comment: Re-moderating with reviews and rating! Raven0: 4.2/5 -> 4/5 - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1755516-post175.html VGsatomi: 5/5 -...
Level 17
How about make for the Lich King raid? That would be nice. :D

You should keep in mind that cloudwolf does not even play world of warcraft.
And would be even better if you said ICC and not lich king raid, becouse that could be any raid in the expansion so called Wrath of the Lich King :p

Also.. this:
I rarely find time to work on war3 maps
Do not expect a map like ICC. :p

Level 12
I don't see what's so great about this map other than it's terrain and special events (but even these get very annoying; i.e. the pirate one). There are only like 5 heroes, and they are the same heroes on both sides, so no variety. The game gets boring after a bit, because all you do is take control of one checkpoint after another, and there's no real "strategy" in this whole thing. It's all back and forth hack and slash domination. There are also barely any items. Don't say I'm a DotA nerd, because I'm not, but at the moment, I would say DotA is much better than this map. This map has a long way to go before it is really any good. For now, just improve the hero aspects. It's a major downer on this map when there is no variety and everyone has the same heroes. Add much more items, and make them more complex with recipes, special effects/abilities, etc.

Rating: 2/5.

You know, there is no need to have a lot of heroes to be a good map..

We have classic Extreme Candy War. They have what, 5 heroes for each side as well?

Level 6
This is such a great map, yes the terrain is really surprising. Thank you CloudWolf for sharing an great map once again.

But, can I ask an question? How did you made those Semi-Circle Columns, Double Columns, and Single Columns looks so dark?

Level 3
LOL "hehe"

:grin: you know that the Rank doesnt says how much the Player is skilled on "Medal Of Honor" im on like 300 000 Place and when i join a Game im like in the TOP 1 i always stay on top of Killings and Defending a Capture point or attacking a Capture point im Elite Sniper on verry Verry Big Rank but im not on First Place of the Game Statistic and still that doesnt stops me to be N1 in Game Last Statistic Checked 21 Kills 9 Deaths in place where Everybody are Hidden and if you try just show your leg or Arm or a Single Part of your Body you are Already Dead , but thats not the Point , my point of view is that i DO NOT UPLOAD or Make Researches here that doesnt matter i do not make a few maps a Month :) with some LAME GUI Systems that totally Rock everything like Skill = 0 / Required 20 ( For Next Profession Level wich could be learned at the Proff'Treiner ) but when you open your Stats you see 0 / 95 and you need only 20 skill for next level and such a things like Backpack System , Explaining You Have Weapon in Inventory you pick up weapon the weapon goes in the Backpack and tells you "You Already Have a Weapon" if you move the Weapon from your Backpack in your Inventory your Current weapon goes in the Backpack and you are Equiping the Moved one :) and others like i made myself a GUI ( 6-7 Lines Stack System the item doesnt metter ) Killing Metter , and .... i can talk all day long but the Facts wont change
*Call me Stealer if you wanna but i HACKED several Warcraft Maps and i Studyed them for good like !!! Merchant that Items Curcles !!! Explanation: the items that the Merchant sells they change like in the first moment he is selling STAFF Level 1 (req) Shield Lvl 2 (req) Armor lvl 3 (req) Weapon lvl 2 (req) (REQ - REQUIRED) and in the next moment he sells STAFF Level 3(req) Shield Lvl 1(req) Armor lvl 6(req) Weapon lvl 1(req) in the other moment Other and Bonuses that they give are Others :) aint so Complicated when you know how or when you learned it somewhere.

After all im trying to say is WHEN YOU DONT KNOW ME DONT TALK ABOUT ME
BETTER SAY Is he Skilled Enough to do Something Like that
OR
(PREFFERED) How You Gonna Do that MAN ? ? ?

:goblin_boom:
and if thats a Problem i wont touch his/her map , after all he/she made it do what you please ( I dont wanna make this in Personal War or anything like that... anyhow i will continiue my work now )

Level 30
This is such a great map, yes the terrain is really surprising. Thank you CloudWolf for sharing an great map once again.

But, can I ask an question? How did you made those Semi-Circle Columns, Double Columns, and Single Columns looks so dark?

It's a custom texture I've imported to replace the default skin :) Your welcome to use anything you like from this map :p

:grin: you know that the Rank doesnt says how much the Player is skilled on "Medal Of Honor" im on like 300 000 Place and when i join a Game im like in the TOP 1 i always stay on top of Killings and Defending a Capture point or attacking a Capture point im Elite Sniper on verry Verry Big Rank but im not on First Place of the Game Statistic and still that doesnt stops me to be N1 in Game Last Statistic Checked 21 Kills 9 Deaths in place where Everybody are Hidden and if you try just show your leg or Arm or a Single Part of your Body you are Already Dead , but thats not the Point , my point of view is that i DO NOT UPLOAD or Make Researches here that doesnt matter i do not make a few maps a Month :) with some LAME GUI Systems that totally Rock everything like Skill = 0 / Required 20 ( For Next Profession Level wich could be learned at the Proff'Treiner ) but when you open your Stats you see 0 / 95 and you need only 20 skill for next level and such a things like Backpack System , Explaining You Have Weapon in Inventory you pick up weapon the weapon goes in the Backpack and tells you "You Already Have a Weapon" if you move the Weapon from your Backpack in your Inventory your Current weapon goes in the Backpack and you are Equiping the Moved one :) and others like i made myself a GUI ( 6-7 Lines Stack System the item doesnt metter ) Killing Metter , and .... i can talk all day long but the Facts wont change
*Call me Stealer if you wanna but i HACKED several Warcraft Maps and i Studyed them for good like !!! Merchant that Items Curcles !!! Explanation: the items that the Merchant sells they change like in the first moment he is selling STAFF Level 1 (req) Shield Lvl 2 (req) Armor lvl 3 (req) Weapon lvl 2 (req) (REQ - REQUIRED) and in the next moment he sells STAFF Level 3(req) Shield Lvl 1(req) Armor lvl 6(req) Weapon lvl 1(req) in the other moment Other and Bonuses that they give are Others :) aint so Complicated when you know how or when you learned it somewhere.

After all im trying to say is WHEN YOU DONT KNOW ME DONT TALK ABOUT ME
BETTER SAY Is he Skilled Enough to do Something Like that
OR
(PREFFERED) How You Gonna Do that MAN ? ? ?

:goblin_boom:
and if thats a Problem i wont touch his/her map , after all he/she made it do what you please ( I dont wanna make this in Personal War or anything like that... anyhow i will continiue my work now )

I don't understand your post or how it ties in with this map :) lol

Level 3
Sry CloudWolf but that post was for Vengeancekael , i already sayed how i will improve the map :) with a few more systems of my own :) but please dont be Critic about them cause nothing in this world is perfect :) even the Perfect Balance ( cause there is no Perfect Balance there is just Balance and im sorry about my post i just gett my nerves out when that Man/Woman sayed im UNSKILLED !!!!!!!! i hate people Rate me by my RANK OR CLASS OR ACHIEVEMENTS OR whatever there says im not APROVED because that doesnt mean im Mindless Loser who cant do anything after all im in Professional Gymnasy and im thinking to go to Collage and be one of the man OF N-VIDIA the way its ment to be played to feel the Temper of Lionhead-Studios when they HAND WRITED Fable The Lost Chapters, as its called To be the Future Writer and to Leave my Trail to people to know Who The F**** I am Damn it , after all im doing nothing lately then Hacking , Cracking , Stealing , reading , Learning , Dumping , trying , Helping , Fixing , Styling and in Back Order the Same !!!

Last edited:
Level 30
Sry CloudWolf but that post was for Vengeancekael , i already sayed how i will improve the map :) with a few more systems of my own :) but please dont be Critic about them cause nothing in this world is perfect :) even the Perfect Balance ( cause there is no Perfect Balance there is just Balance and im sorry about my post i just gett my nerves out when that Man/Woman sayed im UNSKILLED !!!!!!!! i hate people Rate me by my RANK OR CLASS OR ACHIEVEMENTS OR whatever there says im not APROVED because that doesnt mean im Mindless Loser who cant do anything after all im in Professional Gymnasy and im thinking to go to Collage and be one of the man OF N-VIDIA the way its ment to be played to feel the Temper of Lionhead-Studios when they HAND WRITED Fable The Lost Chapters, as its called To be the Future Writer and to Leave my Trail to people to know Who The F**** I am Damn it , after all im doing nothing lately then Hacking , Cracking , Stealing , reading , Learning , Dumping , trying , Helping , Fixing , Styling and in Back Order the Same !!!

no worries :) I totally agree, rank and rep dont really mean anything in terms of the quality of work one can produce :) If anything, its just a value of trust.

We're all pretty laid back when it comes to modding and its probably best to take everything people say with a pinch of salt :p

Cant wait to see what you can make :)

Equipment system , Talent System , Bag System , TechTree Abilitys System , T Sets , Sockets and Slots for them
i already sayed how i will improve the map :) with a few more systems of my own :)
Some systems (like some from above) needed a lot of time for very skilled vJassers to make!

I just hope that you will give credits to some!

Level 4
Ok i was very impressed by the enviroment of both Diabloe3Warcraft and this, but I have to be very honest admit that the spells are so damn normal and boring. Plus the spells are not MPI like paladin's waveshock for instance. 5/5 for terrain. others, like Diabloe3Warcraft; doesn't deserve rating because I believe you're not even close to be finish yet.

Level 6
Thank you very much CloudWolf, be sure to give you credits :). Can you tell me whats the name of the custom texture in the import manager?

Hey all :)
Been editing this map for what 4 hours straight now?
:)

and here is a little tasty of one of the new items in the game (Giving the game a feel of world of warcraft.)

The warhammer which was created in the depths of the smithery
under stormwind, its heaver steel plated handle and steel
axe shaped head making it a must have for an raid.

Stats :
+50 damage
-30% attack speed
+5 strength

Level 20
Hey all :)
Been editing this map for what 4 hours straight now?
:)

and here is a little tasty of one of the new items in the game (Giving the game a feel of world of warcraft.)

Stats :
+50 damage
-30% attack speed
+5 strength

Warhammer
Weapon

Equip: Increases strenght by 10
Equip: Increases armor of nearby friendly units by 3

"The warhammer which was created in the depths of the smithery
under stormwind..."

Warhammer
Weapon

Equip: Increases strenght by 10
Equip: Increases armor of nearby friendly units by 3

"The warhammer which was created in the depths of the smithery
under stormwind..."

Hmmm well here is the full description and everything of the item.

Wretched Warhammer of Stormwind
Class : Paladin, Death Knight, Warrior
Classification : Two Handed Waraxe

Equip : Increase the damage of the wearer by 50.
Equip : Decreases the wearers attackspeed by 30%.
Equp : Adds a temporary 5 strength.

How many items there is in the map so far?

okay well in my map so far, edited version of this

There are around 50 items,
These includes old ones, still need to be revamped.
But that version has not been released yet.
Heres another Taster of a item.

Lionheart Crossbow
Class : Hunter
Classification : Crossbow

A unique item , from the set of lionheart it holds the power
to summon a strong lion, however it requires the rest of the
pieces to preform this Action. This was smithed in one of the
many corners of stormwind, it was lost at war.

Equip : Decreases the wearers attackspeed by 10%.
Equip : Increases the wearers damage by 70.
Equip : Grants the wearer a +10 bonus Agility.
Equip : Increases the wearers movementspeed by 10%.

Level 15
Lionheart Crossbow
Class : Hunter
Classification : Crossbow

A unique item , from the set of lionheart it holds the power
to summon a strong lion, however it requires the rest of the
pieces to preform this Action. This was smithed in one of the
many corners of stormwind, it was lost at war.

Equip : Decreases the wearers attackspeed by 10%.
Equip : Increases the wearers damage by 70.
Equip : Grants the wearer a +10 bonus Agility.
Equip : Increases the wearers movementspeed by 10%.

So you want to say this item makes you attack slower or you mistyped?

So you want to say this item makes you attack slower or you mistyped?

Noo its not a mistype,
The reason behind that is, if it was to also have increased attackspeed, it would make it imba, if you know what i mean? Attack damage like that and agility bonus, but if they wish to increase their attackspeed, they can purchase gloves :)

Ok just asking, i have not tested the map yet myself, but i am going to after my friend comes online. We tried to test it once but then after start he was unfortunately forced to go away.

MAy i ask, are you trying this version or my version and if you guys need someone else to come test :)
I am more than delighted to help.

Level 15
My review of the map.

Good
[+] In my taste this map was way and more better than DOTA. DOTA is just careless battle not fun.
[+] Good balance and good spells.
[+] Is fun to play with friends
Bad
[-] Items from the legendary shop are too expensive
[-] You dont have time to make instances as the enemy just keeps banging you. No time!
[-] Too low ammount of heroes
[-] maybe too fast exping. The game is very fast and finishes too early.
Improvements
[=] Create more new items that can be used and obtained
[=] More time for instances
[=] Fix the lag with the deaths, much delay till its visible
[=] You can see when enemy respawns, not cool
[=] Make a little less EXP gain, so the game is longer

This is my revie of the map, 4.6/5

My review of the map.

Good
[+] In my taste this map was way and more better than DOTA. DOTA is just careless battle not fun.
[+] Good balance and good spells.
[+] Is fun to play with friends
Bad
[-] Items from the legendary shop are too expensive
[-] You dont have time to make instances as the enemy just keeps banging you. No time!
[-] Too low ammount of heroes
[-] maybe too fast exping. The game is very fast and finishes too early.
Improvements
[=] Create more new items that can be used and obtained
[=] More time for instances
[=] Fix the lag with the deaths, much delay till its visible
[=] You can see when enemy respawns, not cool
[=] Make a little less EXP gain, so the game is longer

This is my revie of the map, 4.6/5

You posted on wrong thread ;)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/cataclysm-beta-v1-05-a-180364/index2.html

Level 16
Very nice terrain. GJ, i love your terrains! :thumbs_up:

But about the triggering... GUI (BJs are MUCH slower than pure natives[for example IsUnitAlive(u) is 4x slower than GetWidgetLife(u) > 0.401]), and leaks A LOT. My pc started lagging after a few minutes in single player... And the information text should be colored, because not they're... they're ugly.

I can assure you that he is correct about this one.
Yeah, it's true... i've extended Kricz's inventory system with a Recipe, a custom shop and a RecipeParser, and now it's about 3500 line... without the item and recipe initialization. The Recipeparser, the Recipe system and the shop system took me about 2-3 days...

Level 23
Terrain is nice, Spells arent, U get graphical errors, Spawns arent balanced, Events are always the same, Low amout of items/legendary ones cant be purchased before game ends, If Player leave early, the remaining players get too much exp and are just unbeatable, No Assist, No special Spawns, Only a few Unit Upgrades, and so on and so on.
I dont get it why every1 rates it so high. Gets a 2.5/5 from me.