• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cataclysm AoS v1.17

An AoS-Style map based on the World of Warcraft Universe.

Fight in yet another epic battle between the forces of Azeroth in a struggle for the worlds diminishing resources. Fight as the Horde, or the Alliance in a team-based and co-operative assault against the opposing team.

This is an early release of the map so there's much to be updated, however, it's fully playable in it's current state and makes for an interesting play online :)

- Hero balancing
- Fixed broken tooltips
- Fixed pathing bugs

- Buffed up some of the melee heroes
- New Merchants
- Made room for high-res Gilneas skin
- New middle-class Items

- Hero balancing
- Terrain Updates
- New Skins
- New Worgen Curse Event
- New Items

- Hero balancing (Buffed up melee heroes a little)
- New Custom Death Coil ability to replace the old.
- Unit balancing
- New Minimap and icons

- Fixed an urgent bug with the Fire Nova ability
- Fixed a broken model for the Horde Hunter
- Unit balancing

- Nerfed Shaman Class
- New Items
- Changed location of dwarf event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count Update
- Outpost Guardians now get crit hit towards the end of the game

- New Shaman Class
- New Items
- Extra loot from bosses
- Boss loot now goes to the killing player
- Deathwing final event
- New Skills
- Unit Balancing
- Assist Count on the leader-board (in-progress)
- New Skins / Models
- Terrain Updates

- New Hunter Ultimate
- New Items
- Random loot-drop for bosses
- New Models / Skins
- Skill Balancing
- New Skills

- Unit Balancing
- New loading screen
- Leaderboard size/style Adjustments
- Terrain Updates
- New Preview Pic
- New Skins and models
- Hero ability balancing
- Renamed to "Cataclysm AoS"

- Unit Balancing
- New faction spell-caster abilities
- Icons on the leaderboard
- Heroes now spawn with 50% mana
- Added new information to the quest dialog
- Terrain Updates
- Smaller file-size
- New high-res loading screen

- New Hero Classes (Warrior and Rogue)
- Unit Balancing
- Path Fixes
- New Spells
- Bug Fixes
- Added new information to the quest dialog

- Unit/Game Balancing
- New Event
- Bug Fixes
- Leak Fixes
- New Items
- New Spells

- Unit Balancing
- Player names now show colours in game messages
- Bug fixes
- Reduced health of town halls
- New unit models

- Nerfed tower HP and damage
- Nerfed event units so they make less of an impact on the game
- Items give higher stat increases
- Pathing fixes
- Added a "Death" counter to the leaderboard
- Reduced basic item and unit upgrade costs

Models
- apaka
- levigeorge1617
- General Frank
- Vermillion Edict
- JokeMaster
- Sellenisko

Skins
- Cycloverid
- Darkholme
- zadelim

Icons
- Darkfang
- Blizzard Entertainment
- -Berz-
- bigapple90
- viiva
- NFWar

logo.png

Please Note: I am a firm believer in open-source maps. Therefore, all my projects are free to download and open in the editor.

Tags: Cataclysm AoS Map CloudWolf

Keywords:
Cataclysm, World of Warcraft, World, Of, Warcraft, AoS, DotA, battle, fight, control, capture, tower, pvp
Contents

Cataclysm AoS v1.17 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/12 17:22:36 Reasons: Other: Comment: Re-moderating with reviews and rating! Raven0: 4.2/5 -> 4/5 - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1755516-post175.html VGsatomi: 5/5 -...
Level 2
You should put the active skill of any item to the top of the skill list, so it will show the cooldown of the ability

Level 3
Work , Work :D

i saw allot of comments about "Items" and i dont remmember verry well
but i downloaded from somewhere one map that looked liked a little to
WOW WOTLK Black Temple only the terrain and the Bosses but the Bosses
were with other names so to the point, and my point is that i always PREFER
this:
Force of Magma
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand __________________________ Mace
129 - 195 Damage ______________ Speed 3.60
(45.1 damage per second)
+20 Strength
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 47
Item Level 52
Chance on hit: Blasts a target for 150 Fire damage.
Sell Price: 3(G) 97(S) 45(B)

//========================================
but theres always but or if :D IF game equal to Warcraft TFT
then:

Force of Magma
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand ________________________ Mace
129 - 195 Damage ____________ Speed 3.60
(45.1 damage per second)
+20 Strength
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 47
Item Level 52
Chance on hit: Blasts a target for 150 Fire damage.
Sell Price: 3142
(WC3TFT-GOLD)
(Or if your map is RPG 1686 Gold (prefered) but this is always Creators Choice ) _____________ <<<< This is just empty Space
everyone at Basic Map Creating Stage can make Chance on hit i think :D:grin:
beside that im still working hard on the map and im thinking that the Release
it will be what are you expecting.
you should think "What 4 systems at once you wont make it." thats wrong
thinking , and i work hard when i make people thinking and thinking.
i didnt understood that: And this time give credits! ( what you mean by that
Credits About the Map
or InGame Credits or System Credits ??? )
im going off now to keep working on it.
See Ya :goblin_boom:

Level 3
This was only an Example that i made ( Upper Writed Post by: Me )
and i didnt Mention anywhere that this Weapon is for this map OMGGG stom making me Making More Dumm Posts !!! i dont wanna make posts again and again i SAyed
that I PREFER THAT WAY OF ITEM STATS WHEN COMES TO WOW, TBC , WOTLK , CATACLYSM - Warcraft III The Frozen Throne: World Of Warcraft OR Warcraft 3 WOW
PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE Read Carefully next Time , PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE ( and i will Explaine afcourse next time More more More Detailly for you )

Last edited:
Level 30
cloud is this going to be a different game than the other cataclysm aka WoW: Lost Stories?

This map is going to stay pretty similar to the state its in now. It's up to you guys if you want to make it different :)

I'm planning to remove the instances from this version so thats one key feature that will make your mod different :D

So this is why D3 Warcraft was cancelled?

This was actually something I was working on the side of D3W so they were in production at the same time :) I just never uploaded this one until now ;)

No it was because they were too lazy to continue it and same happens for this.

Fact is we make maps as a hobby. It was never meant to be a full-time job :p

Level 17
No it was because they were too lazy to continue it and same happens for this.

You really do hate us, do you? lol xD
I probably spended hundreds of hours working on diablo 3 warcraft.
If you compare us to many other map makers we are far from being lazy.
If i spend 14-16 hours A DAY for about half the summer on diablo 3 warcraft related stuff i would not concider myself lazy.
(Actually, i even stayed home when the family were going on a holiday for 2 weeks just so that i could work on diablo 3 warcraft)

When will you stop saying bad stuff about us? : (

Level 6
Calm down every body.
I'm one of the D3W fans. I keep watching and tracking Cloudwolf works (btw I recomend it "The Shosen One") and I trust in his skill and experience with mapmeking...
I love his terrain making skills, always are awesome! really awesome!! His team work always the better in the hive (thas for you LTGH).
This new project (maybe not so new) is most like a template free to use for everyone.
If you love DotA and want to make a AoS map, (but not an exact copy with the DotATemplate that are on the net) you can use this. Were the terrain is one of the principal stuff on it. Even the Time events triggers for a better and new kind of entertainment.
So Cloudwolf keep going xD we follow you.
P.D: Sorry, my englsh is so bad :(

Level 5
Omg, if anyone insults CloudWolf and his team again, I gonna report it.
People, he and his team made one of the best map possible to make on warcraft 3, it even has an own website(and its quite good, not like other basic, not-well-made other maps'), its published on many other websites too.
Im a big fan of them, and calling them lazy....
The on who says lazy, probably never played the map, or an idiot.

Level 30
Omg, if anyone insults CloudWolf and his team again, I gonna report it.
People, he and his team made one of the best map possible to make on warcraft 3, it even has an own website(and its quite good, not like other basic, not-well-made other maps'), its published on many other websites too.
Im a big fan of them, and calling them lazy....
The on who says lazy, probably never played the map, or an idiot.

Everyones entitled to their own opinion :p I never take anything people post online too seriously anyway.

Thanks for the kind words!

Level 31
Review for Cataclysm Beta v1.06 by APproject

I rate this resource for 3/5 (Useful), but it contains some minor mistakes that would bother me.

1. At the beginning, camera was set at one point and by the time I tried to move aside, it strongly trembled and got back into it's current position. It looks rather ugly. I suggest you to decrease the time between triggering this camera angle, making it faster by a little, little enough to avoid lag, so the deformation would be way smaller than that.
2. I suggest you to implent Hot keys at Faction Masters.
3. Mage ability's Siphon Mana hotkey button do not work.
4. Somewhy I can walk through Tactic HQs, item shops, storages and others.
5. Horde Archer is missing its portrait. Alliance Royal Guard has no portrait aswell, same problem so I won't display the image.
archerportrait.jpg

6. All tower points contains with the same Archer on top of it, making at least different model of it for Horde controlled and Ally controlled might make more sense.
7. Horde Faction Master has clearly too big selection scale, alliance has a little bit too big aswell, but not as big as horde one.
8. Shops, storages products has no hotkeys.
9. Orgre warrior and Merchant (Maybe Control Point) has also badly set selection scales.
10. It is not clear what must people do playing your map, since I see no proper objective, even if it is clear in the description of wep - it is not enough.
11. Hammer Throw ability of the Paladin has wrongly set X; Y position in research window, due to the rest, that had been set the same way. Hammer Throw and Healing Wave abilities has same X; Y position at usage window, due to Hammer Thow's problem.
12. Something is wrong here, something messed up with coloring the name.
namecoloring.jpg

13. Why Alliance Pet (Summoned by Hunter) sounds is like bear if it is a wolf?
14. Hunter's Critical Strike ability is not active one, it is passive and the icon is used as BTN, it should be PAS one. Hotkey for passive is not needed aswell. I'm talking not about research window.
15. Horde Paladin is Tauren and it sounds like human. It also has too small selection scale.

Afterall, a decent AoS with wonderful terrain and environment art. Spells aren't very fancy or exceptional, but decent enough. I know that it is very exhausting to work with this amount of abilities. Im not sure about these instances are what for, probably with time it will be used. So far I didn't see anything what could stun me hard, except for environment, as like in every your project. All in all, a decent work with some minor mistakes, that are being fixed in seconds.

Level 30
I rate this resource for 3/5 (Useful), but it contains some minor mistakes that would bother me.

1. At the beginning, camera was set at one point and by the time I tried to move aside, it strongly trembled and got back into it's current position. It looks rather ugly. I suggest you to decrease the time between triggering this camera angle, making it faster by a little, little enough to avoid lag, so the deformation would be way smaller than that.
2. I suggest you to implent Hot keys at Faction Masters.
3. Mage ability's Siphon Mana hotkey button do not work.
4. Somewhy I can walk through Tactic HQs, item shops, storages and others.
5. Horde Archer is missing its portrait. Alliance Royal Guard has no portrait aswell, same problem so I won't display the image.
archerportrait.jpg

6. All tower points contains with the same Archer on top of it, making at least different model of it for Horde controlled and Ally controlled might make more sense.
7. Horde Faction Master has clearly too big selection scale, alliance has a little bit too big aswell, but not as big as horde one.
8. Shops, storages products has no hotkeys.
9. Orgre warrior and Merchant (Maybe Control Point) has also badly set selection scales.
10. It is not clear what must people do playing your map, since I see no proper objective, even if it is clear in the description of wep - it is not enough.
11. Hammer Throw ability of the Paladin has wrongly set X; Y position in research window, due to the rest, that had been set the same way. Hammer Throw and Healing Wave abilities has same X; Y position at usage window, due to Hammer Thow's problem.
12. Something is wrong here, something messed up with coloring the name.
namecoloring.jpg

13. Why Alliance Pet (Summoned by Hunter) sounds is like bear if it is a wolf?
14. Hunter's Critical Strike ability is not active one, it is passive and the icon is used as BTN, it should be PAS one. Hotkey for passive is not needed aswell. I'm talking not about research window.
15. Horde Paladin is Tauren and it sounds like human. It also has too small selection scale.

Afterall, a decent AoS with wonderful terrain and environment art. Spells aren't very fancy or exceptional, but decent enough. I know that it is very exhausting to work with this amount of abilities. Im not sure about these instances are what for, probably with time it will be used. So far I didn't see anything what could stun me hard, except for environment, as like in every your project. All in all, a decent work with some minor mistakes, that are being fixed in seconds.

Thanks for the great review! I'll be sure to fix all o those bugs for v1.07 :)

Level 22
About our "lazyness" : Just I worked on my inventory about 1200 hours.
Now take into account that we do this for fun and we actually are working on real jobs where we get the money, and not the other way.

And CloudWolf, nice that you continue this. May I ask if you see any chance to upgrade D3W?

And I thought that I spent a lot of time on my own stuff ;)

Level 7
Whoa, you guys have really done some serious updating over the last few versions. Map is completely awesome now. My normal player review is coming soon.

Level 6
Well, testing=)
-In high resolution (1680x1050) loadscreen looks really bad =)
-Why all hero have 2 max stock? Is it supposed to be like that? (Just asking, dont understand why=) )
-Simple, but still good multiboard
-Playing with alliance rogue: dont understand why in "learning skill" panel skills are not on the upper row.
-No triggered spells for rogue (don't know for others yet), shadow strike's name and visual effect are even the same.
-On fan of knives tooltip says that hotkey is W, when it's E
-Like the idea of control points. Not that new but still good =)
-I think for rogue critical strike will fit better than bash. And it will fit with "Ignore armor" more than bash too =)
-Oh, wrong about control points: like the idea that they give bonuses to nearby allies, didn't see it anywhere :piru:
-I think there's no sense in imported horde mount model since there's model of raider
-Infernals a way too powerful (at least for 1 player game)
-Haha I went to base and 3 infernals came to me to the base :D
-No portrait for royal guard =) And I think this model can be changed to any non-imported
Well, that's all for now =) Maybe later I will write more =)