1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Can there be peace without war?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Malufa, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Dalaran_Guard

Dalaran_Guard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you and thank you. :emote_grin:

So, maybe new topic sometime soon?

2. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone noticed how screwed up societies treatment of depressed and mentally ill people can be?
    Seriously, alot of adults seem to have the wrong attitude towards the youth, and alot of them need to rlly research into depression b4 they try to make their kids better, alot of the time they go the wrong way about it.
    also, the youth of the world are our future. Doesnt the increasing amounts of depression, anger etc among our youth worry you? like my generation (im 15) seems to be angry and depressed alot of the time, but deeper than other generations.
    but its the one below me that worries me, little kids who say bad words like 15 times each sentence coz they think its cool, who think they can "bash you up anytime" coz they think thats cool
    is it just me, or are we in for a rough time in future, when alot of you guys start to retire or die, and we have to take over?
    i reckon itll be a great time of change, as the young take over from the old, coz i dont think theres been such huge difference between old and young in so long.

3. Dalaran_Guard

Dalaran_Guard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ummm... relates to war without peace how? Not following your train of thought...

4. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have you noticed everyone of every age think the same of the people younger than them? Hell, I'm 13 and find it odd that there are plenty of sixth graders who use profanity, yet when i was 11, i found it odd that there were plenty of fifth and fourth graders that used a lot of profanity. Nowadays, I only use profanity once in a while to produce spur of the moment humor. Also, I don't know about depression or whatnot, but i'm plenty depressed in my life and if 15 year olds are the most depressed of them all, i won't make it to that age.

5. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Reager

Reager

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is false, otherwise people wouldn't join the army.
    And those terrorists fight because they want to (though i think many of them get brainwashed).

7. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    not necessarily brainwashed, but the beliefs that they hold are taken in and told back to them in a twisted way.

8. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeh i meant more conscription and patriotism.

9. zt2211

zt2211

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let's see...a simple answer...
    The nature of man is pride. Pride is the root of selfishness. When two people value themselves and their opinions over others', there will be conflict. That is why there is war: people value their opinion more than peace. Sometimes, the right thing to do is fight, such as in World War II against the Axis powers. Though some wars are fought for more "just" causes than others, the root of all conflict is basically the same: selfishness.

10. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    even if their is no war, at all, ever, then we would not have achieved world peace.
    coz theres peace between nations, but what about peace between individuals, within families? between friends, or collegues? there are very few people who are at peace in the world, possibly none, coz we all fight, argue, get verbally or worse abused, etc
    then theres inner peace....so the fact is, full, complete world peace, is unattainable, unless all life is extuingished, then, that would be world peace.

11. Dalaran_Guard

Dalaran_Guard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, well, that's one view point, but you forget the meaning of peace. Peace is a period without war. Now, if there is no war possible, I don't think we could really consider it peace, as the two terms are codependent. It would just be absolute nothingness and nonexistence...

12. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    tell you the truth, even then peace wouldn't happen. gravity of black holes and whatnot make violent processes occur, and if the hypothetical "Big Crunch" happens, life will eventually be created again by another "Big Bang". Peace will never happen unless all of existence is extinguished.

13. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If there was world peace, the human race would go stagnant eventually, even the highest goals and drives (IE: Space and Technology) would become obsolete in the end, war destroys infrastructure and causes death and destruction, but alot of times can sow a desire to push foward.

14. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can there be yin without yang? Nope. Can there be black without white? Nope. Can there be matter without anti-matter? Nope. Can there be peace without war? Nope.

15. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    good point guys, i reckon that violence, struggle, adversity, is what makes the human race strong, evolution happens throught the death of millions, with the strong surviving, a desire for progress is created by competition with others, or by there being a problem, in a world with no problems, no enemies.....we would be stagnant.

16. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    unfortunately, parts of the world are becoming like that; stagnant. some schools in america have banned kids from playing tag, or in gym jump rope with imaginary rope because some kids aren't "as coordinated as others". God knows america became one of, if not the, strongest militaries in the world by by banning schoolchildren from running around until they're exhausted. wouldn't want them to become sissies or people with poor lung capacities, after all. and tag definitely encourages sissyness and poor lung capacity.

17. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Political Correctness sucks. Anyone agree?

18. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    exinguishing all creation isnt enough. kill off god too

19. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    agreed and seconded. nobody cares if you're politically correct if their kids kick more ass than yours.

God exists outside creation, it being destroyed wouldn't affect him at all :p
    seriously though, please try to add something significant to the conversation if you're going to post.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  20. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    if, in fact, god exists, there would be no need to kill him off, seeing as he would be hypothetically perfect and therefore will not evoke conflict, unless he creates more organisms, which is not what perfect people do. Then he can just die. Another way to cause peace is to make everything in the world controlled by a single thing. A person whose mind is half human and half controlled by a greater mind. Also, disturbing things from the earth like natural disasters, global warming, and night and day must be eliminated.