• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can there be peace without war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
exinguishing all creation isnt enough. kill off god too

if, in fact, god exists, there would be no need to kill him off, seeing as he would be hypothetically perfect and therefore will not evoke conflict, unless he creates more organisms, which is not what perfect people do. Then he can just die. Another way to cause peace is to make everything in the world controlled by a single thing. A person whose mind is half human and half controlled by a greater mind. Also, disturbing things from the earth like natural disasters, global warming, and night and day must be eliminated.

Level 5
if, in fact, god exists, there would be no need to kill him off, seeing as he would be hypothetically perfect and therefore will not evoke conflict, unless he creates more organisms, which is not what perfect people do. Then he can just die. Another way to cause peace is to make everything in the world controlled by a single thing. A person whose mind is half human and half controlled by a greater mind. Also, disturbing things from the earth like natural disasters, global warming, and night and day must be eliminated.

Um...controlled by a single thing? Weird. Too bad about God; religion is garbage created by insane people. I'll believe in God if I ever see a miracle right infront of my eyes.

On-topic: In my opinion, world peace can only be attain if nations cooperate and help each other's problems. War upon those who threaten humanity itself. (At least it solves over-population issues, if there are any.) That is what world peace is to me. Example: Whoever has nuclear weapons and crazy intentions of conquering.

Last edited:
Level 5
maybe the reason god is so powerful is because he has achieved total and complete peace within himself.
also, over population, and the fact that we are wrecking the land, will result in massive wars eventually, because nations will try to take the remaining farmable land, imagine if there was an ice age, and only 20% of the worlds landmass was left fertile and unfrozen?

Level 3
maybe the reason god is so powerful is because he has achieved total and complete peace within himself.
also, over population, and the fact that we are wrecking the land, will result in massive wars eventually, because nations will try to take the remaining farmable land, imagine if there was an ice age, and only 20% of the worlds landmass was left fertile and unfrozen?

I guess thats why there would still be no peace? There would be competitions over the land. As long as there is still environmental problems, even without war, I doubt there would be peace.

Level 24
Um...controlled by a single thing? Weird. Too bad about God; religion is garbage created by insane people.

please don't say such provocative things that aren't topic-related. here's a link to the thread that became about whether God was created by lunatics or whatever, could exist or not, etc. i'm not even going to tell you that you're wrong, right, whatever. just read all of it and never speak of God in a positive, negative, or neutral manner on this forum again. not unless you feel like starting a new thread up.

imo there will always be war because humans are competitive by nature. men are competitive in different ways then women, but both are equally competitive. hah! suck that! it's a politically correct opinion!
Political Correctness sucks. Anyone agree?

Level 5
please don't say such provocative things that aren't topic-related. here's a link to the thread that became about whether God was created by lunatics or whatever, could exist or not, etc. i'm not even going to tell you that you're wrong, right, whatever. just read all of it and never speak of God in a positive, negative, or neutral manner on this forum again. not unless you feel like starting a new thread up.

And you are a moderator or an admin? I can voice my opinion on religion any way I want to. Besides, I didn't make that comment as an insult or anything bad. I apologize if it makes you or anyone else angry in any sort of way. Topic-related? Um...what about you?

On-topic: Some leaders aren't competitive, well to me. Democrats on the U.S., for an example, want to focus on improving the U.S. economy and agriculture. Rather than focus on the war over oil at the Middle East like Bush is. Not saying as a stereotype.

Last edited:
Level 36
I'm a moderator, and i'm telling you to stop.

This thread is absolutely not about religion. It's about about the philosophical question of obtaining peace without war. Religion has no place here, and it was right of teh_ephy (and very kind) to direct you to the appropriate thread for discussing such things.

As teh_ephy said, making such strong claims about a topic unrelated to that which the thread was originally created for would only lead the discussion further away from anything productive, thus we want to avoid this.

Level 24
And you are a moderator or an admin? I can voice my opinion on religion any way I want to. Besides, I didn't make that comment as an insult or anything bad. I apologize if it makes you or anyone else angry in any sort of way.
okay then, but like brad said, voice it somewhere else. like maybe start a new thread, because the old one is closed. i guess all i can do to get you to not talk is yell at you for talking, whether anybody is backing me up or not.

i'm sick of even thinking about whether God could or couldn't exist after that thread got closed down. i need a long time of nobody talking in a subjective manner about God. i don't want to here anything about God other than things like "omfg" or "i swear to God" or "God could exist but, also could not. i can see why people believe in him, but i don't"

read the thread, there are plenty of examples for why religion WASN'T created by power hungry madmen or mentally deficient idiots, or people with any sort of mental condition other than "normal". i'll edit my previous post to say "just read all of it and please never speak of God in..."if you edit yours to not be completely disrespectful to religious persons. you might not have intended it to be insulting, provocative, whatever, but it sure as hell reads way.

btw the reason the religion thread was closed down is because we started talking not about other people's views of religion, but about how the thread was becoming populated with close-minded idiots. ie: we were going OFF TOPIC. please try to avoid that in threads that turn into debates.
P.S. @ brad.dude03: ty

Topic-related? Um...what about you?
i did have something topic related in that, you even replied to it as "On-topic".

imo there will always be war because humans are competitive by nature.

On-topic: Some leaders aren't competitive, well to me. Democrats on the U.S., for an example, want to focus on improving the U.S. economy and agriculture. Rather than focus on the war over oil at the Middle East like Bush is. Not saying as a stereotype.
in fact, many leaders aren't competitive, but i said humans. humans do not have to listen to their leaders, and competition will NEVER be erased because there is no such thing as inexhaustible resources, and never will be. it's possible for humans to exist without MUCH war, but it will always be there lurking out of our knowledge, or just below the surface of friendly rivalry.

In today's society, if you're going to offend anyone, offend the white male. Anyone else can pull the political correct card on your ass.
sadly enough, that's true (at least with the discrimination card. make sure the person isn't gay). like last year some black freshman called me and my white friends niggers. i mention that they're white because i'm not, but demographically most of the people here are white. on with the story, NOBODY cared. you can bet your ass there would have been a huge fight if one of my friends had said something back like "nigger what?"

Level 26
In today's society, if you're going to offend anyone, offend the white male. Anyone else can pull the political correct card on your ass.

I don't even know where you got a topic like that from, but I'll tell you this. No group of people has committed more crimes against humanity than the white male. You're probably white too, seeing as no self aware person of another race will say such a thing. Here's what happens when you make fun of a white person, even if a little. They become fully convinced this world is persecuting white people nowadays (EASILY comparable to nazi concentration camps and southern plantations, of course) and everyone of another race is now looked down upon by white boy and co.

Level 21
No group of people has committed more crimes against humanity than the white male.

i can think of hitler and thats about it, perhaps bush. if you consider through out history the atrosities that have happened i have no idea what race has to do with anything, hitler didnt kill 6 million jews because he was white. just as the Hutu Rwandan tribe didnt massacar 1 million Tutsi's with macheties because they were black. race has nothing to do with it so STFU because thats increadably shallow minded and offensive.

You're probably white too, seeing as no self aware person of another race will say such a thing.

no what lorothrigs said is true, it doesnt matter if he is white or not i know thats a fact, and not only that but my 2 best mates, one who is chinese and one who is black both agree as we have had this discussion.

Here's what happens when you make fun of a white person, even if a little. They become fully convinced this world is persecuting white people nowadays (EASILY comparable to nazi concentration camps and southern plantations, of course) and everyone of another race is now looked down upon by white boy and co.

i dont see how in the slightest that compares to the nazis, i dont think WW2 had anything to do with jews insulting whites, especially seeing as jews in western europe would be white. i think it was to do with hitler's evil obsession with jews and a want for world domination or something, it had absolutely nothing to do with skin colour as back then almost everyone in europe was white (probably 95% white). same for the whole slave trade, it was true that back then white people thought blacks were inferiour mainly due to whites having greater technology which to them proved they were superiour. this technology and arrogance made them exploit the black people as slaves.

since people realised that there is a 0.03% (or something) DNA difference between everyone no matter what their skin colour is, people have accepted we are all the same. i am growing up in a generation of people who accept other races, i dont know any racist people and i would bet only 1 in 20 people below the age of 40 have any racist views here. i think everyone should have equal oppurtunities and over here i think they pretty much get that, i dont think any race is looked down apon. the only think i can think of like that is Muslims being put in a negative light but i can actually understand this, and while i have nothing against Muslims (i have some Muslim friends), i do think all extreemist, no matter who or what they are, are complete assholes.

and tbh i think you are shallow minded and obviously live in a country where people all hate each other for nothing, oooh how i envy you.

Level 36
Well said!

Just a note on Hitler and the persecution of the Jews: He didn't have an evil obsession with the Jews. Really, the only reason he targeted them wwere beause they were the largest minority. So, when things went wrong with his perfect government and his perfect society, who could he pass the blame on to? The minorities. The Jews, the Homosexuals, the Crippled, the Disabled, every minority was blamed and persecuted, simply because Hitler had found an easy target to put all the blame on.

The interesting thing would be to see what happened if Hitler completely eliminated every minority group in all of Europe. What if he ran out of people to blame? What would happen then?

Level 24
i can think of hitler and thats about it, perhaps bush. if you consider through out history the atrosities that have happened i have no idea what race has to do with anything, hitler didnt kill 6 million jews because he was white. just as the Hutu Rwandan tribe didnt massacar 1 million Tutsi's with macheties because they were black. race has nothing to do with it so STFU because thats increadably shallow minded and offensive.
ugh, i hate to mention this but... crusades. and race doesn't have anything to do with that, it's just that most of the huge jackasses that get chapters in history books are white. it probably has to do with eurocentric history classes in many nations.

no what lorothrigs said is true, it doesnt matter if he is white or not i know thats a fact, and not only that but my 2 best mates, one who is chinese and one who is black both agree as we have had this discussion.
yeah, my friends talk about how i could pull racism cards on people and they can't.

since people realised that there is a 0.03% (or something) DNA difference between everyone no matter what their skin colour is, people have accepted we are all the same.
not as much as people would hope in the US, but yeah it's getting better.

i dont think any race is looked down apon. the only think i can think of like that is Muslims being put in a negative light but i can actually understand this, and while i have nothing against Muslims (i have some Muslim friends), i do think all extreemist, no matter who or what they are, are complete assholes.
it's a fact of life that the jackasses of society get all the attention. like a slightly higher % of teenagers get into fatal car crashes than adults, and all of a sudden where i live there are harsh restrictions on newly licensed drivers. most teen drivers are responsible, but the few that do outrageously stupid things drag the entire teenage population down.

it just so happens that the group with the most extremists happens to be muslims. ironically, true islam acknowledges the new and old testaments as holy scripture, and the qu'ran (or however you spell it, that may or may not be one of the ways) refers to christians and jews as "people of the book". islam also crosses LOTS of racial boundaries.

The interesting thing would be to see what happened if Hitler completely eliminated every minority group in all of Europe. What if he ran out of people to blame? What would happen then?
he would have moved on to professions that are looked down upon as unnecessary and low. he would have eventually moved on to moderately respected, relatively unnecessary, and moderately influential jobs such as lawyers, and then his regime probably would have collapsed if it hadn't reached "perfection".

Level 21
it just so happens that the group with the most extremists happens to be muslims.

one think about this that i have never understood is what do these extreemists actually want? i get the part where if someone kills a non-muslim they are allowed into heaven and are protected by allah, thats jihad right? but isnt that really selfish? i mean killing other innocent people for your own personal gain. do these extreemists want the whole world to be muslim? i mean thats not gunna happen, what is the goal of these people?

Level 24
one think about this that i have never understood is what do these extreemists actually want? i get the part where if someone kills a non-muslim they are allowed into heaven and are protected by allah, thats jihad right? but isnt that really selfish? i mean killing other innocent people for your own personal gain. do these extreemists want the whole world to be muslim? i mean thats not gunna happen, what is the goal of these people?

i believe it's if they kill an ENEMY, not necessarily a non-muslim, but i'm not even 90% sure about that. i believe that what most of the muslim extremists want is their view of decency enforced worldwide, or at least in the western world. such a goal is very hard however, as worldwide includes japan. nothing against japan, it's just that the way their culture is, some things that would shame westerners don't get to them, and vice versa.

Level 26
STFU because thats increadably shallow minded and offensive.
Please talk in a civilized manner. I was only pointing out that the majority of the well known genocides had caucasians behind it.
You would have a discussion with your friends like that because that is a pretty simplified view of present day racism.
i dont see how in the slightest that compares to the nazis, i dont think WW2 had anything to do with jews insulting whites, especially seeing as jews in western europe would be white. i think it was to do with hitler's evil obsession with jews and a want for world domination or something, it had absolutely nothing to do with skin colour as back then almost everyone in europe was white (probably 95% white). same for the whole slave trade, it was true that back then white people thought blacks were inferiour mainly due to whites having greater technology which to them proved they were superiour. this technology and arrogance made them exploit the black people as slaves.
Er...that was sarcasm...
since people realised that there is a 0.03% (or something) DNA difference between everyone no matter what their skin colour is, people have accepted we are all the same. i am growing up in a generation of people who accept other races, i dont know any racist people and i would bet only 1 in 20 people below the age of 40 have any racist views here. i think everyone should have equal oppurtunities and over here i think they pretty much get that, i dont think any race is looked down apon. the only think i can think of like that is Muslims being put in a negative light but i can actually understand this, and while i have nothing against Muslims (i have some Muslim friends), i do think all extreemist, no matter who or what they are, are complete assholes.
No matter what you think, subconsciously or directly, you will always judge all people who look or act different as inferior. It's only a matter of how slight that judgement is.
and tbh i think you are shallow minded and obviously live in a country where people all hate each other for nothing, oooh how i envy you.
I'm not going to insult you because it is not anyone's position to do so, but I'd just like to point out that assuming someone's nationality and insulting him for it is quite a "shallow minded" thing to do. Yes, my comment had some stereotypes, but it was in response to a stereotypical post that barely related to the topic of the thread.

Level 10
I don't even know where you got a topic like that from, but I'll tell you this. No group of people has committed more crimes against humanity than the white male. You're probably white too, seeing as no self aware person of another race will say such a thing. Here's what happens when you make fun of a white person, even if a little. They become fully convinced this world is persecuting white people nowadays (EASILY comparable to nazi concentration camps and southern plantations, of course) and everyone of another race is now looked down upon by white boy and co.

Yes I am white. You however, are ignorant as HELL. I was no where even close to saying that whites are perfect and we shouldn't be persecuted or anything. I was saying how anyone can pull the race card on you unless you're making fun of white people or you're the same race as the race you're making fun of. It's today's society and it's fucking bullshit. People need to learn that you can't make everyone happy. Besides the fact, people need to learn that the American justice system is Not to settle petty things like spilling coffee on your dumb ass and suing a corporation for millions. It's for serious things like murder or theft. People are abusing the justice system and quite honestly, it needs to be fixed. That's just my little rant.

Level 26
Yes I am white. You however, are ignorant as HELL. I was no where even close to saying that whites are perfect and we shouldn't be persecuted or anything. I was saying how anyone can pull the race card on you unless you're making fun of white people or you're the same race as the race you're making fun of. It's today's society and it's fucking bullshit. People need to learn that you can't make everyone happy. Besides the fact, people need to learn that the American justice system is Not to settle petty things like spilling coffee on your dumb ass and suing a corporation for millions. It's for serious things like murder or theft. People are abusing the justice system and quite honestly, it needs to be fixed. That's just my little rant.

there's plenty of places that show that white people are being persecuted. It's called Bill O'Reilly and the rest of FOX Conservatopia. Nice Stella reference, though. No need to call me ignorant. You started with the generalizations.

Level 24
there's plenty of places that show that white people are being persecuted. It's called Bill O'Reilly and the rest of FOX Conservatopia. Nice Stella reference, though. No need to call me ignorant. You started with the generalizations.

it's not so much that caucasians are being persecuted as much as caucasians' ancestry of persecution against "inferior" races (please note that inferior is in quotes) is coming back to bite them in the ass. what goes around comes around, eh?

Level 2
Peace w/o war? IMPOSSIBLE!!! WAR SOLVES ALL!! AAHAHAHAHAHAH :grin:

Ok really, war ended nazism, fascism, and the roots of communism.

War brought us AK-47s, rocket launchers, and nukes. Proof that war is really awesome!

Level 8
Ok really, war ended nazism, fascism, and the roots of communism.

Ya, hate to burst your bubble, but there are still Nazi groups in Brazil, fascist groups throughout the world, and communists in Cuba and other places.

The roots of communism exist within me. I guess your little army's going to have to come up here and kill me then.

Everyone seems to think that communism is such a terrible idea. But really, it is opposed only because is contrary to the democratic/capitalist principles that we have been force-fed throuhgout our lives. The two systems are on opposite ends of the socail spectrum, one centering around the livelihood of the individual and the other focusing on the welness of an entire population, but neither of them is the 'better system.' They simply have different goals...

Level 36
Exactly. As I tell everyone who will listen, I support Communism in theory. I mean the principle is good right? Create a perfect society where everyone is equal. The execution however, is the problem...

I am a socialist though, and I still hate capitalism, even if I don't entirely support communism.

Plus, China the worlds next superpower is a communist country, so it looks like we might have the cold war all over again. Democratic (hardly) United States Vs. Communist Country #2.

Level 8
Plus, China the worlds next superpower is a communist country, so it looks like we might have the cold war all over again. Democratic (hardly) United States Vs. Communist Country #2.

China, the world's current superpower (in my opinion). America has subsisted upon the glory of its former self; the greatness that was once had is now gone, replaced by the selfishness and gluttony of the modern world. The measure of a nation's power is measured not by its ability to attain, but to retain greatness...

Level 8
i dont think its a superpower yet, when the US stock market dropped it wasnt really effected because its economic power is not large enough to have a break down when the US does. for sheer people power it wins tho.

And innovation. And business. And math. And science. And Architecture. And industry. And some technology. And fitness/health. And exporting. Just to name a few...

Level 24
America has subsisted upon the glory of its former self; the greatness that was once had is now gone, replaced by the selfishness and gluttony of the modern world.
not to mention hardcore secular-progressives are ruining urban america, which will ruin america as a whole in the 10-15 years it takes their kids to get into the workforce. in some schools: "imaginary" jump rope in gym, banning the game of tag, BANNING CUPCAKES ON BIRTHDAYS! okay so here's a rant about that and more: your kids "aren't as coordinated as some of the others" because THEY'RE STILL KIDS, and if they need to jump rope that badly they can ask you for help; competition is the essence of a little something known as real life in america, if they aren't allowed to deal with it now, they won't be able to deal with it when they need to; if your kids are fat, it's because of what YOU feed them DAILY, 20 cupcakes spread out over the entire school year every school year won't make them fat; it's okay to hit your kid if s/he's being a brat, that's "conditioning" them to not be brats; you need to let your kids get hurt so that when they're teenagers they'll be up there on the injuries spectrum;

so anways, on world powers: what defines a "world super power" is its influence; be it through military or economic means, other countries will listen to them. individuals are of no concern to them, unless those individuals happen to be particularly good at rallying for causes that are of consequence to them.

Level 8
China's economy is growing way too fast for it to support it's own weight. It's going to self-implode in the next 10-20 years.

And America's ecomony is growing so slowly that it won't retain soverignty long enough to be able to implode. I see a stock market crash coming within the next 20 years that America won't overcome, and though I am sorry to say it, Americans simply don't have the dedication or the drive to be able to rescue themselves from such a depression. Enough of the world hates America that it probably won't last long...

Level 26
you are ignorant, i dont think ive ever heard anyone be so stupid about a racial issue. and you can say whatever you want back but i have an opinion of you and it aint gunna change anytime soon. flame all you want now, im not even gunna reply.
yeah, i'm flaming. you keep believing that, buddy. i haven't started name calling and i won't any time soon. if you want to ignore me because you don't like people accusing you of making mistakes sometimes, that's fine by me. i just don't see how i am being ignorant when i was only replying to a stereotypical comment that made barely any relevance to the topic of the thread itself. but that's your point of view, and some points of view can never change when all a person does is name call. i can only suggest that you open your mind up, bro.
And America's ecomony is growing so slowly that it won't retain soverignty long enough to be able to implode. I see a stock market crash coming within the next 20 years that America won't overcome, and though I am sorry to say it, Americans simply don't have the dedication or the drive to be able to rescue themselves from such a depression. Enough of the world hates America that it probably won't last long...
i really don't like how you dragged this topic out from a comment about china, but when you say all that about the US, i have to butt in. it's not entirely true that everyone hates america. the laymen hate america, but in fact, it is the politics that love america, seeing as it has the habit of butting in to every conflict on the map these days. the US is everything but neutral and is always willing to start fights so the other countries don't have to tarnish their image. not only that, but the diverse culture already subsiding in the US came from poverty itself. should they come across it again, they'll survive.
Yes it does, but still. It's still part of society and MySpaceBarBroke seems to think I'm being racist by saying that. That, is why you're ignorant. (Directed at MSBB)
jeeze, i feel like i'm part of Penn and Teller's "Bullshit" show. i don't think you're racist. i've never accused you of such, and i won't still. you're exploiting stereotypes, but if that's racism, everyone's racist. i'm only believing you aren't presenting the whole picture. the people that take the most offense to racism these days regardless of race is the liberal white male. there was a christmas card that showed a bunch of asian stereotypes on it that some asians found humorous, while some white people were utterly disgusted by it. what i'm getting at is that your previous comment was too rash and i'm going to politely ask everyone to stop acting as if everything i'm saying is composed of profanity.

Last edited:
Level 8
@Spacey: Okay, so first of all, the edit button is very useful. Please refrain from double (or triple, in this case) posting lest the wrath of Wolverabid, Supergood, and others come down upon you.

Next: Concerning the previous comments directed at me. I respect your patriotism, but I am a supporter of the original American ideal. Every day in school, when I recite the pledge of allegiance, I state "...and to the Republic, for which it stood..." I simply don't have much faith in the modern American ideal, and I have no qualms with making that known to others. I am an American that sees the potential of our nation and laments the fact that our nation is not meeting its potential...

And finally:
what i'm getting at is that your previous comment was too rash and i'm going to politely ask everyone to stop acting as if everything i'm saying is composed of profanity.

Don't you love how you can make the most mundane comment ever and people still find some way to take insult? Thus, my signature came into existence...

Level 26
@Spacey: Okay, so first of all, the edit button is very useful. Please refrain from double (or triple, in this case) posting lest the wrath of Wolverabid, Supergood, and others come down upon you.
sorry, it seems awkward when i post multiple quotes directed at different users in a single post.
Next: Concerning the previous comments directed at me. I respect your patriotism, but I am a supporter of the original American ideal. Every
day in school, when I recite the pledge of allegiance, I state "...and
to the Republic, for which it _*stood*_..." I simply don't have much
faith in the modern American ideal, and I have no qualms with making that
known to others. I am an American that sees the potential of our nation
and laments the fact that our nation is not meeting its potential...
no arguments there. so many people hate america because of its lack of ability to keep to itself these days, giving a view of imperialism to other countries, but i have doubts about it dragging itself into another depression. also, i don't say stood, but i would never say "under god"
Don't you love how you can make the most mundane comment ever and people still find some way to take insult? Thus, my signature came into
existence...
people call me ignorant, racist, and just plain stupid over my view that saying white man is being persecuted these days is a little overexaggerating. :sad:

Level 26
And why ever not? Was not this nation founded upon such principles of religion? Wouldn't the act of going against those principles be a mockery of the efforts of those dedicated men who first declared their independence from the tyrannical Britain?
to compare a single group's religion to our country's freedom is ridiculous. if anything, it's the exact opposite of freedom. most of us came to america for freedom of religion. "under god" wasn't even in the pledge in the first place. eisenhower just wanted to flex his religious muscles. if you think "under god" is pretty mild for an offensive statement, mostly because you aren't exactly required by law to say it, consider this: What if instead of "under god" it focused on a different point of view, like "white power" instead? you still don't have to say it if you don't want to, and it still represents one of america's pasttimes,but millions of children are reciting it every day. would you still think it should stay? it's the exact same thing for "under god" it's the same principle that one point of view over another, only most of america favors this point of view. i thought one of america's basic principles was to acknowledge not only the majority, but everyone else.

Level 8
i thought one of america's basic principles was to acknowledge not only the majority, but everyone else.

Well, the principle exists in concept, but America has always really been a predominantly WASP nation (White Angle-Saxon Protestant). If you recall, Catholics were persecuted heavily in the colonies and throughout early statehood. Japanese Americans (and some Chinese Americans) who had done no wrong were interned during WWII, a clear violation of rights. Oh, and there's that wonderful blemish on the face of American history called slavery. Ring a bell? Now, taking these into account, can you really say America is a place that seeks to acknowledge everyone and provide them the same rights?

Level 2
Every nation had a violent past somewhere. Would you rather rule a delaware-sized nation or a china-sized nation?

I know there still is communism, nazism, and fascism, but its not as big as it was.

And why ever not? Was not this nation founded upon such principles of religion? Wouldn't the act of going against those principles be a mockery of the efforts of those dedicated men who first declared their independence from the tyrannical Britain?

Tyranny and totalitarianism itself seems to be against religion itself. I am not sure if ANY religion itself advocates zealotry anyway. There are sections in the bible that promote the death penalty for example. Many holy scriptures promote equality.

Peace, conceptually, is a good idea, but in order to promote, and enforce the greater good, we MUST not show weakness. Many nations would not exist if it werent for military power.
Well, the principle exists in concept, but America has always really been a predominantly WASP nation (White Angle-Saxon Protestant). If you recall, Catholics were persecuted heavily in the colonies and throughout early statehood. Japanese Americans (and some Chinese Americans) who had done no wrong were interned during WWII, a clear violation of rights. Oh, and there's that wonderful blemish on the face of American history called slavery. Ring a bell? Now, taking these into account, can you really say America is a place that seeks to acknowledge everyone and provide them the same rights?
The MAJORITY is white prostestant. All those violations of human rights were indeed blemishes on the beautiful american face, slavery was removed through the therapuedic cream of an amendment of the constitution. The civil rights act was also passed as an american law. What do you think now?
to compare a single group's religion to our country's freedom is ridiculous. if anything, it's the exact opposite of freedom. most of us came to america for freedom of religion. "under god" wasn't even in the pledge in the first place. eisenhower just wanted to flex his religious muscles. if you think "under god" is pretty mild for an offensive statement, mostly because you aren't exactly required by law to say it, consider this: What if instead of "under god" it focused on a different point of view, like "white power" instead? you still don't have to say it if you don't want to, and it still represents one of america's pasttimes,but millions of children are reciting it every day. would you still think it should stay? it's the exact same thing for "under god" it's the same principle that one point of view over another, only most of america favors this point of view. i thought one of america's basic principles was to acknowledge not only the majority, but everyone else.
94% of america is involved in some sort of monotheistic religion, while 4% are self-proclaimed atheists. THey think theyre offended, but what do they really think? do they care too much in realioty or are their feelings of the vast minioity of the vast minority to be presented above the vast majority?!

Last edited:
Level 24

i don't say the "under God" part because it wasn't in the original pledge of allegiance, exactly like MSBB said.

Well, the principle exists in concept, but America has always really been a predominantly WASP nation (White Angle-Saxon Protestant).

lol okay but you know what? america is becoming a WASP nation of pussies (see my rant about hardcore secular-progressives) who strive for equality.

If you recall, Catholics were persecuted heavily in the colonies and throughout early statehood.
in fact, the KKK still hates catholics. i've said that before, in the religion in the future? thread.

Japanese Americans (and some Chinese Americans) who had done no wrong were interned during WWII, a clear violation of rights.
during WWII. during times of crisis, (poverty, war, etc.) rights have an enormous tendency to be trampled on. america isn't the only country that's violated rights with poorly based reasons.

Oh, and there's that wonderful blemish on the face of American history called slavery. Ring a bell?
YOU don't seem to knoew that that blemish was shared by almost the entire freaking western world. america just happened to do it the longest.

Now, taking these into account, can you really say America is a place that seeks to acknowledge everyone and provide them the same rights?
yes. HARDCORE SECULAR-PROGRESSIVES.

Every nation had a violent past somewhere.
QFT

Tyranny and totalitarianism itself seems to be against religion itself.
actually, some tyrants may force religions on their subjects

Peace, conceptually, is a good idea, but in order to promote, and enforce the greater good, we MUST not show weakness. Many nations would not exist if it werent for military power.
again, QFT

94% of america is involved in some sort of monotheistic religion, while 4% are self-proclaimed atheists.
please don't make up statistics:
link; PBS link; wikipedia; read the first dot

not to mention you did a poor job of making those up, 94 + 4 != 100, what about the other 2%?

THey think theyre offended, but what do they really think? do they care too much in realioty or are their feelings of the vast minioity of the vast minority to be presented above the vast majority?!
minority yes, vast, NO.

Level 26
so what's wrong with making some changes in the right direction?
94% of america is involved in some sort of monotheistic religion, while 4% are self-proclaimed atheists. THey think theyre offended, but what do they really think? do they care too much in realioty or are their feelings of the vast minioity of the vast minority to be presented above the vast majority?!
so you say that this 4% of america is as good as dead? if the vast majority of the US was nazis, does that make naziism right as well? that's the type of logic that makes racism and genocide still rampant all over the world these days.

Level 24
so what's wrong with making some changes in the right direction?

there's nothing wrong with it, he's merely asserting blind me-too-ism. he should try lurking on /b/ on 4chan.

so you say that this 4% of america is as good as dead? if the vast majority of the US was nazis, does that make naziism right as well? that's the type of logic that makes racism and genocide still rampant all over the world these days.

not to mention that his statistics are completely made up. i hate misinformation that i'm not propagating.

Attachments

• B_summary.jpg
    B_summary.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 178
Level 24
i always thought it was inevitable that a forum based completely on hate would be made... i was proven right, i guess.

actually, 4chan is an image board with the option of anonymous posting, without registration. most of the rest of the boards are civil, but /b/ has no rules at all, literally

Last edited:
Level 26
actually, 4chan is an image board with the option of anonymous posting, without registration. most of the rest of the boards are civil, but /b/ has no rules at all, literally
you can't possible say o rly without thinking of that owl from 4chan.
orly_owl.jpg

btw, is this thread even about war and peace anymore?

Level 8
i thought one of america's basic principles was to acknowledge not only the majority, but everyone else.

I was simply disputing this statement in my previous post.

In response to today's comments, American always has been and will probably continue to be dominated by White Protestants. Like it or not, agree or disagree, that's how it is for now...

Ephy, citizens' rights should NEVER be violated, even in times of crisis or war. Oh, and I'm not disputing the fact that other countries have done unjustified things; it's just that that fact goes directly against what MSBB said in the quote above (i.e. EVERYONE else)...

Slavery: once again, I was disputing the above quote. When you take just about anything out of context it sounds pretty ridiculous, so read things for what they are...

HARDCORE SECULAR PROGRESSIVES: make up what percent of America? 5%? Maybe 6%? Now, knowing this, saying that "America is a place that seeks to acknowledge everyone and provide them the same rights" is dumb, considering only a small portion of Americans are aspiring toward this common goal. America is made up of lots of people, and yes, a few devoted individuals can make a difference, but the nation must be represented as a whole...

Nothing wrong with a step in the right direction, but if two groups march in opposite directions, how can they ever expect to be unified?

Finally, qualify/define this 'me-too-ism' so I at least have a proper chance to defend myself...

Level 26
HARDCORE SECULAR PROGRESSIVES: make up what percent of America? 5%? Maybe 6%? Now, knowing this, saying that "America is a place that seeks to acknowledge everyone and provide them the same rights" is dumb, considering only a small portion of Americans are aspiring toward this common goal. America is made up of lots of people, and yes, a few devoted individuals can make a difference, but the nation must be represented as a whole...
The "America is a place that seeks to acknowledge everyone and provide them the same rights" principle was one we've used in the past in the founding of our country. I was only saying that "under god" does not represent america, in all its diverse culture and history of being the black sheep of the flock. If america is so negative, what is wrong with taking a step to make things right? If america has to be represented as a whole, let that whole be neutral. Let's not have our children recite a pledge every day in school to monotheism as if that's the only true type of religion. I'll refer you to one of my previous posts
What if instead of "under god" it focused on a different point of view, like "white power" instead? you still don't have to say it if you don't want to, and it still represents one of america's pasttimes,but millions of children are reciting it every day. would you still think it should stay? it's the exact same thing for "under god" it's the same principle that one point of view over another, only most of america favors this point of view. i thought one of america's basic principles was to acknowledge not only the majority, but everyone else.
The US is predominantly white. Does that mean we should only acknowledge the white people and throw away the rest of the people? If the US wants to be represented as a whole, does that mean we should just say "screw the black people, the asians, and the rest of them. We're a white nation"? This is not a matter of majority, it's a matter of morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.