1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Can there be peace without war?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Malufa, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahh, what a hipocrite. Didn't you say something in the first post?

1) You aren't even a mod, let alone an admin. The past is the past - the present is the present.
    2) You don't own the site, you don't run the site, and you don't control the site - that means you have to follow the rules.

Only babies and fools cry about not being able to make the rules long after retiring.

To quote someone:

About time you realise while you post here, you're under Ralle.

2. dofys

dofys

Resources:
    Resources:
    Without challenge (like doing algebra problems for an example), there would be no fun. Therefore, everything would just be plain quiet. Nothing to do, nothing to understand and nothing to achieve.

In my opinion, war is a challenge for all of mankind (or any intelleligent life forms in the universe). A way to practice on how to cooperate and compromise with others on what to agree and disagree. So, I believe war is a thing that can never go away.

3. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    but challenge shouldnt result in a war, that is surely insane?

4. camel's_hump

camel's_hump

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    No one cares who you once were really. Also even if you were a 'supermod' right now you wouldn't be allowed to post in color.

5. dofys

dofys

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry to ask this, but is the discussion on peace without war over? Just curious of whats going on here.

6. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's a half-half discussion thread.

7. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes it is, but it's all about all of these noobs disrespecting who Malufa is. Sorry, but you people have no respect. Malufa abides by his own rules, and is only under Ralle. Like I said, he doesn't listen to you, he doesn't listen to the Mods, and he doesn't listen to anyone else but Ralle.

Ralle did not put the colour tag rule in place, Archian did, therefor Mecheon doesn't have to follow them until Ralle says so.

And if anyone doesn't like his position, tough, because he isn't going anywhere, and he isn't changing. No one but Ralle can force him to do anything, so you all seem to be out of luck.

8. dofys

dofys

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's get back on topic shall we? Besides, this is a good discussion thread, at least for now. :emote_grin:

Its not insane. As I said above, it is a way to practice (or challenge) us on how to cooperate and compromise on stuff that we agree or disagree.

9. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Brad, it is you and malufa being the noobs disrespecting people.

Malufa has no right to act like a total douche back and disrespect everyone. I for one have never heard of him and he comes here acting like king shit showing no respect to anyone. This makes him a cocky, disrespectful, douche bag.

It doesn't matter if he was here earlier than anyone, he is not in charge now. and even if he was , as long as the rule is there he must follow it.

10. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fine. Don't do your job. Archian's authority comes from...oh, yes, Ralle, meaning that it is binding with Ralle's authority.

Noobs? Oh, yea, obviously. Strange, only it happens to include a mod here, and a mod at WC3C. Obviously noobs.

Who is he? He's a liar (you've shown that) who's breaking the rules. Maybe he was something else, but that's the past - not the present.

EDIT: After reading this thread twice. I noticed that this thread is about war, and there came a war.. pretty weird in my oppinion :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  11. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's no use discussing this further until Ralle comes around to inform us all of Malufa's present position, his position in regards to the rules, and of course, whether he has to abide by the colour tag rule.

We shall see.

12. Arab4life

Arab4life

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have an idea....Shutup and get back to the topic please

--------------------------------------------------------
    I do believe that the objective of this threat earliar was to discuss war? not other people's action's.:emote_naw:

If you disagree with someone's action's do not post it in a war philosophy and opinion form, post it somewhere appropriate or better yet report the individual you think is breaking the rule's to an admin or an authority in this website.:emote_rolleyes:

Now, back to the discussion.:emote_clap:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I think economy is the biggest part in war. Proper funding is what war and weaponry thrive on. No money, no war. Badabing! But, what has this world come to? Terrorist's giving a bad reputation to a race (We all know) Presidant's going curropt, dictatership and false accusation's. All of these funded with money that could have been used to Feed our poor. Or help people in africa who need proper education and living essential's.

When the rich wage war...Its the poor who suffer.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

13. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, money isn't needed for destruction... look at terrorists... most of them probably don't have money worth of jack, they don't have an army, and they don't have anywhere near the quanity of nukes that the US does, but they can still manage to cause an event as collosal as 911, get away with it, and still remain uncaptured to this day.

I don't think money has anything to do with it. Sure a war is costly, but maximum damage can be done by planning the use of your limited resources correctly.

14. Arab4life

Arab4life

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tsk tsk, money doesn't alway's support war, sometime's it cause's it.

So come's the saying Blood for oil or the like.
    People fight for land and power.

I think another part of war is corruption, powerful countries get corrupt and think they are in charge, and that they have duties to fulfil for their own country.

Thus, came the Nazi era.
    Of course the Nazi's are gone, but with the violence in afghanistan, iraq.
    As well as the nuclear thing's going on in iran, and the hostilities they have made with the allies (E.G Capturing the british sailor's (Although they have been released) ) It does not look like we are far from a world war III.

Man need's to put an end to war before war put's an end to man.

15. Malufa

Malufa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, want to play the rule game? Effective immediately your rules are only binding on people who join after you. Since I joined long before this Archian person his does not effect me.

Happy? I am now following the rules.

16. Malufa

Malufa

Resources:
    Resources:
    The point of this thread is not the cause of war nor the cause of peace, but rather can peace be obtained through war or is peace without war an impossibility?

17. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Arrgh!! Now you duble posted!! :emote_razz:

18. Arab4life

Arab4life

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, we have to start somewhere, if the cause of war can be found. We can see if we might be able to resolve the world into peace in another way.

19. dofys

dofys

Resources:
    Resources:
    What are you talking about? All wars are cause by something like territorial control, sudden attack, killing of a political leader by a guy working for another government, or political strife.

20. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's going to be VERY difficult.

We humans are still governed primarily by our basic survival instincts: we desire food, material items, power, and sex far more that we do peace.

The introduction and development of philosophical and religious principles and practices over the last few thousand years has, to some degree, helped to alleviate the problem (while at the same time politics and religion have been contributing to it). The Reformation during the Late Middle Age and, the Enlightenment of the eighteenth century, and continued progress in reasoned logic (including the concepts of western democracy and international diplomacy) are encouraging signs.

It's all a mater of how much time and effort we put into solving the problem. As the human species and our technological society continues to evolve we must decrease the need for war by providing for basic survival requirements and promote peace.

At the same time there is a "Catch 22" situation: responsible governments/societies may occasionally need to practice war upon regimes that are the most hostile and warlike themselves i.e. Nazi Germany among others.

[off topic] I do not believe that this discussion is properly located.

~ Thread moved to Off-Topic.