1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bug Report

Discussion in 'Sunken City' started by SpasMaster, Apr 6, 2013.

1. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will outright assume that you are using a Warcraft 3 client that uses a language other than English. If that is the case, this is the reason for the issue.

2. LCm

LCm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I do, I'll try to patch my game to English.
    It just seemed odd that it worked for the other characters I used but not the mage.

3. redz0r

redz0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a bug with clockwork. I have yet to reach level 3 E to see changes but level 2 E does not give the 100 bonus HP to clockwork goblins, only the level 1 bonus (bonus 50hp) with a level 5 clockwork champion, (level 2 pocket factory). so 600 total HP with level 2 pocket factory

4. nedio95

nedio95

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hello guys!

Me & the gang are playing on PTR (1.29.0.8920) and we've noticed that some models & portraits are showing only Team Colour + Hero Glow and also the UI overlay kind of disappears.
    So far we've noticed only 2 heroes that do this: Siren & Tidewarrior.
    I've attached a screenshot from single-player for you to see what I mean.

Everything is alright if we play through the current war3 version (1.28.5.7680)

I hope this helps!

Regards
    -Ned

PS: I'd guess that the two models were made by the same person with something special mixed in to support special race features(naga being amphibious/aquatic) and the PTR has messed with it? Do I get a cookie here ? :D No idea for the UI though :| Half a cookie? :|

Attached Files:

5. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you @nedio95 We will take a look. We may have already corrected the erorr(s), otherwise it won't be resolved in 1.29.0.

6. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not so much bugs, as minor hickups:
    the questgiver Diana says "submurged" in her story, I assume it should be "submerged". Likewise there was another questgiver who seemed to use "_" instead of spaces in parts of his text, I don't recall exactly, but I think it was Apothecary Haris, close to Diana.
    The hotkeys for calling the hunter's animals are D, F, and G. They do not correspond to the icon's placement on the grid (Q, W, E), and G is even outside the usual grid layout.
    When one tries to sell "Explosives" to any shop, a generic message comes on screen that seems to indicate the absence of a specific error message.
    The hotkey for recalling units to a healing stone is W, even though its position would correspond to Q, and its tooltip says it is R.

Thanks for an otherwise great map!

7. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We will look into those. The hotkeys in Warcraft III are not defaulted to QWER/ASDF/ZXCV, they are somewhat random letters.

8. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm aware of that, but since almost all of the hotkeys on the map followed the grid layout, and afaik the hotkeys for custom abilities are set by the map creator, I figured this might be unintended. Sorry if I sound like a wise guy, I'm not trying too ;).
    I just finished playing a run with the Naga Siren, and noticed a few minor things:
    The tool tip for Liquid Arrows has a spelling error in it, it says "fueld", when it should be "fueled"
    The hotkey for donating at the altars is R, when the grid layout would suggest it being Q.
    When fighting against Sidion, I would often retreat for getting rid of his debuff, and healing at a resurrection stone. To avoid him running after me, I would leave Sea Elementals behind, as other enemies wouldn't chase me when I was out of their sight radius by the time my summons expired/died. Sometimes however, when all my summons (Sea Elementals, Void Tentacles and water tentacles) died while I was at the nearest resurrection stone to heal up, he would run off the platform where his fight takes place, only to be teleported back into position at a fixed threshold. The teleporting part is not unusual, it is the intended way of keeping players from kiting bosses all over the map as far as I can judge (same happened with the abomination boss when I wasn't careful enough), but it seemed strange that he seemed to go after me even though I was well out of his line of sight.

9. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These are somewhat incorrect. I am directly going to assume that you are using a non-English client which messes with the Hotkeys.

10. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm using the English client, and the English keyboard layout, pretty much all the standard hotkeys in non-custom maps work as I would expect them to. But it really isn't a big deal and there might be something else going on on my end.
    Either way, I really appreciate your answering all my posts! :)

11. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been playing with the Death Knight hero and found some small issues:
    Death Grip and Blood Strike both used Q as a hotkey, even though the tooltip for Death Grip said it should use E. I skilled Blood Strike first, but once I also skilled Death Grip, pressing Q would always activate Death Grip instead, and could only use Blood Strike by manually clicking it.
    For the first time I actually noticed that in single player one gains control of one of the two grunts guarding the starting position. He does not change his colour palette though, but keeps the purple colouration of the Horde units. Since the grunt from the "For the Horde" challenge does change colour to match the player's units, I'm assuming this is not working as intended.
    Coincidentally, the last bug I found concerns exactly that grunt. I found that he does not always joined my team, even when he survived the battle with the Naga and the success message for the challenge was displayed. I didn't experiment a lot with this, but I suspect it may be linked to me fighting the Naga in two or more attempts, retreating inbetween, and only freeing the grunt for the final push.

12. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There must be something messing with your hotkeys. I'd assume keyboard settings. I am 100% sure that all hotkeys are working properly, not only because I've seen it myself, but also because there would have been an outrage of reports about it, yet there is none.
    I can mess up things, but I am not that newb of a mapmaker not to be able to set my hotkeys properly :p

13. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't mean to mock your mapmaking, it should be cleared I am very impressed with it! ;) I just have no idea what could possibly be wrong with my keyboard, as it seems to be working fine in other applications. But I figure it must be something on my end.
    One final little thing: I mentioned in an earlier post that attempting to sell explosives triggers a generic error message. This also happened when I accidentally tried selling the King's Blood, and I would assume it is the same with all quest items that are not meant to be sold in the first place.

14. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, correct, it does trigger for such items. It should be something along the lines of "Unable to sell this item", but it isn't registered properly. I am not yet sure what causes it.

15. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you buy the recipe for Vunjo's Masochist Mask, the tool tip of the recipe in your inventory does not list the Heart of Life as ingredient.
    With the Rogue's Shadowstep ability, I accidentally skipped some boundaries on the map. In particular, I got "on top of" some walls, where I found some tomes. By using the ability again I got back down, but I couldn't manage to do this skip on purpose. Given that there are some areas with inaccessible books in similar locations, I am not sure it is a bug.
    [​IMG]

In the Queen's Tomb dungeon I managed to skip past the door in the souther west corner of the dungeon, to the secret area, by using Shadowstep against the enemy in front of it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
  16. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Certain tooltips extend due to the appearance of new text or the removal of previously existing one. When it comes to recipes, there are several that get cut off while in the inventory, however, what matters to me is if the item's tooltip is readable while in the shop and when assembled.
    Well, it certainly isn't something that I intended to happen, yet if I want to keep the spell to function as it does, then I have to live with such situations. My approach to that bug so far has been to make adjustments to specific locations that allow the Rogue to do that. You can send me screenshots via PM with the places you managed to get to and I will try to fix them if possible.

17. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    The tooltips are fine in the other cases, its just when you have the recipe in your inventory.
    I figured that there is no real way of avoiding this effect with Shadowstep. I tried to use it on purpose at some places, but I couldn't do it. If I remember correctly, I used Shadowstep on an enemy who was "inside" one of the caves where enemies spawn. that landed me on the wall in which the cave was. I then walked on top of the wall to the position shown in the screenshot above and got back down by targeting the enemy in the picture. Whenever I tried to replicate the effect elsewhere, I got teleported just in front of the wall I tried to skip.
    I can't get a screenshot of the spot in the Queen's Tomb right now, but it is number 18 in this thread Sunken City All secret places .
    I'm guessing that the "wall" isn't registered to block Blink-like movement, since it allows to see the other side as well. That is probably the reason you used it instead of a proper wall, so that players can see the secret area before reaching it, but this might be a side effect of just that.

18. Actic

Actic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello me and my freinds trying to play this map after we saved it. When one of my friends join the lobby he get kicked we have all tried to host but the last person to join will always be instant kick back to battle.net. We have the map and we saved together
    Anyone know what this error is?

19. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is an issue with Warcraft since the latest patch. The default save/load feature is currently broken in multiplayer, unfortunately. It will take some time to be fixed by Blizzard, but I have informed @Kam about it so it will be addressed eventually. :)

20. Zersetzor

Zersetzor

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I've been playing as Hunter, Windmaster, and Deathknight recently and noticed a few things. Some of these are suggestions more than error reports, but I didn't want to spam more than I already am.

The mana cost of Call Pet is not shown in its Tool Tip. This isn't a huge deal, just a minor thing I noticed.
    When I was revived while having the Glyph/Talent menu selected, the Skill-grid in the lower right (where all spell, attack move, defend etc. are) was empty. This was remedied by selecting another unit, and didn't happen every time.
    When I was playing as Deathknight, the usual display for Player kills, deaths, talents and glyphs didn't work properly. It's title just said "RecursionErrorTracker" or something like that, and when it only displayed "Recursion1" with "1" switching back and forth to "2"
    The "Gathering Storm" talent of the Windmaster didn't seem to have any effect. I didn't see any Icon in the status bar for the hero to indicate it being in effect, and didn't notice anything being different when it was skilled. It does say that it resets after 0 seconds out of combat, maybe there is a unfortunately placed 0 in its code somewhere?

Two things that are more suggestions:
    There are a lot of spells and items that scale in effect based on a percentage of some attribute of one's hero. The tool tips for these effects and items usually only state the base effect and the amount with which it is increased, but to the player has to work out the final number himself. I'm guessing the tool tips don't allow variables that change dynamically, but could a command be implemented that returns the actual effect of these skills? Like "-skills" would print out a list of the hero's skills and their net effects.
    Many abilities that summon units for the player get stronger at fixed hero levels. I found this discouraged me from using them, because I felt they maxed out earlier than other abilities, which usually scale as described above. Most notably the Hunter's call pet would be at its strongest at level 10 iirc. Maybe this level could be raised? Or an additional leveling step be introduced for the last few levels? Or even some scaling effect be added?