• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BossGengar's Model W.I.P Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I just checked- it's in the war3 > replaceable textures > command buttons > BTNLamp.blp

It might be a little bit of a stretch heh but I guess anything is better than doodads0.blp v.v

Also that reference image suddenly made me aware of just how old OoT is... Tbh I would pick your favorite fan/concept art of poe and go from there- as it is - you could use just about any texture and make it 'true to form' (I'm betting Hive would reject many of Nintendo's models for their bland and stretched textures if they were made a few years after). I personally don't think that exactly replicating the n64 game assets in such an exact fashion should be the end goal (especially when you can improve or at your own flair to it), but in the end you do you.

Edit: I didn't realize you updated your main post. Disregard everything I said here, looks good.

Last edited:
Level 14
I just checked- it's in the war3 > replaceable textures > command buttons > BTNLamp.blp

It might be a little bit of a stretch heh but I guess anything is better than doodads0.blp v.v

Also that reference image suddenly made me aware of just how old OoT is... Tbh I would pick your favorite fan/concept art of poe and go from there- as it is - you could use just about any texture and make it 'true to form' (I'm betting Hive would reject many of Nintendo's models for their bland and stretched textures if they were made a few years after). I personally don't think that exactly replicating the n64 game assets in such an exact fashion should be the end goal (especially when you can improve or at your own flair to it), but in the end you do you.

Edit: I didn't realize you updated your main post. Disregard everything I said here, looks good.
You sure everything looks good? I made this a while back when I was just experimenting and I'm not sure if it meets the standards to be approved.

Level 14
I have the stand animation for the most part done.
2.gif

Level 14
Noice! The animations for that is where it's gonna have to shine, though. Good luck!

Yeah, I have some ideas on how the animations will be. Hopefully it will turn out good.

Hm.... Something along the lines of Twilight Princess. Where he summons puppets to do his bidding.

Hmm... It's been a while since I've played Twilight Princess. Can I see a reference?

Level 11
I need some help with what textures to use

Well my first thought was the wc3 hay texture to get those edgy ends (recolored via geoset anim). But I think that is too small a texture and would probably only look good for the gloves. I think druid of the talon blp for his boots. I'd have to look for the rest of his clothes.

Yeah AoL could be fun for detail work. Maybe even using the chain for the belt thing but maybe there's a better one I'm not thinking of for that.

Level 30
Any of you guys know a good texture for the green cloth here?

I would repurpose these parts to have Teamcolor.

Aside from that i would use the Quilboar pants texture they are green, but you would have to model those rips into the model itself to archieve the exact same look that you are going for.

Level 14
I would repurpose these parts to have Teamcolor.

Aside from that i would use the Quilboar pants texture they are green, but you would have to model those rips into the model itself to archieve the exact same look that you are going for.

I think you are right that they should be used for team-color, so how do I get a texture that would be good for team-color, while also making it look like the reference picture?

Level 11
You can recolor textures if need be though. I wouldn't look for a green or tc texture I would look for a clothlike texture that is next to alpha and has similar edges and then either recolor the geosets or play with the material settings (but as mr. H said if you do this you have to physically change the mesh to have the rough edges). For that reason I suggested the doodads0.blp

Level 14
Textures\Goblinmerchant.blp
Textures\Goblinmerchant1.blp

Peace!
That looks a bit too hay-y, but it's close!
You can recolor textures if need be though. I wouldn't look for a green or tc texture I would look for a clothlike texture that is next to alpha and has similar edges and then either recolor the geosets or play with the material settings (but as mr. H said if you do this you have to physically change the mesh to have the rough edges). For that reason I suggested the doodads0.blp
Okay, I changed up the mesh, but what clothlike texture are you referring to? Is it in the doodads0.blp? Or in something else that I'm missing?

Level 11
Err... I think the goblinmerchant texture is perfect for what you're wanting. It wouldn't look like hay in context- more like cloth- you gotta think creatively with in-game textures man (afterwards if you wanted you can always do an 'add alpha' total cloth layer on top of the layer to get it to have cloth like folds).

And besides- skullkid looks like/is conceptually based on a scarecrow anyway so I don't see the issue with it. I myself was also talking about the hay texture used to make the hay doodad models in game (forgot about goblin merch) but the texture is too small to do too much.

Level 30
Does this look presentable?

Make it a bit darker via geoset animation. He is too bright.

Other than that...... Team Color is still missing. I know that you want to make him as accurate as possible, but it is always good to add team color to a model or Hero Glow if it's a hero.

Level 14
Make it a bit darker via geoset animation. He is too bright.

Other than that...... Team Color is still missing. I know that you want to make him as accurate as possible, but it is always good to add team color to a model or Hero Glow if it's a hero.

I know that you guys told me how to darken the texture, but can I get a refresher? Do I have to change the material itself, or do I only have to use the geoset animation tab?

Level 14
@Kyrbi0 @Mister_Haudrauf @Cuore @Alethos

Sorry I keep bothering you guys, but I need some guidance on this one model I'm making.

This is basically the villain from the 2003 series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Shredder.

I think I have the base model done, what are your guys' thoughts?
91e461e2aa9689833681e02ad19a2547.jpg

Shredder with Tengu2.PNG

I just need textures then I can get to rigging and animating, hopefully.

Level 30

Sorry I keep bothering you guys, but I need some guidance on this one model I'm making.

This is basically the villain from the 2003 series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Shredder.

The Model looks good so far, but (always the but) i would make the chest part less boxy and more roundish.

Level 50

I'd say nice job with the head. Everything else looks way too blocky.
Just like @Mister_Haudrauf said, the chest could use more vertices, along with the rest of the body.

Level 14
The Model looks good so far, but (always the but) i would make the chest part less boxy and more roundish.
What the haudrauf says, also the waist could use a couple more vertices. The rest is very nice. With the right textures it's going to look badass.
I'd say nice job with the head. Everything else looks way too blocky.
Just like @Mister_Haudrauf said, the chest could use more vertices, along with the rest of the body.

Alrighty, I'll make some revisions. Thanks for your guys' input! :D

Just for future reference, do any of you guys know what textures I should use?

Status
Not open for further replies.