• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

W.I.P Skeletal Felguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi! So I want to make another model from the "Uncreated Models List" and I decided to go with the "Skeletal Felguard". Hopefully with the knowledge I gained from making the Skeletal Dreadlord model I can make it look right.

Anyway, so all I have done right now (just like last time) is replaced the head of the felguard. I'll see if I can replace the arms and legs with geosets.

Here's a W.I.P screenshot
capture-png.274085

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    699.7 KB · Views: 226
Level 14
Alrighty! I think i got the arm and the torso down :D

wip1-png.274133

So now all I need to do is
  • Get the skeletal legs just above the leg guards.
  • Put Skeletal fists or hands below the bracers.
  • And possibly use different textures for the armor and weapon.

Attachments

• WIP1.PNG
    WIP1.PNG
    490.2 KB · Views: 153
Level 30
Alrighty! I think i got the arm and the torso down :D

wip1-png.274133

So now all I need to do is
  • Get the skeletal legs just above the leg guards.
  • Put Skeletal fists or hands below the bracers.
  • And possibly use different textures for the armor and weapon.

Look's good. But i advise you not to change the texture of the armor and weapon, the part just under the Skeletal torso on the other hand could get changed. Due to the fact there is skin showing.

Level 30
Alright i'll change that part.

By the way, would it look wrong if I changed the textures of the armor?

It depends on how you change the texture.

You can change the texture, if you want to. But i like to stay true to the Original model and not change the texture.

You can of course first stay with the current texture and upload that when it is finished and afterwards you can make a version with changed textures.

Level 14
It depends on how you change the texture.

You can change the texture, if you want to. But i like to stay true to the Original model and not change the texture.

You can of course first stay with the current texture and upload that when it is finished and afterwards you can make a version with changed textures.

I'll probably not change the texture right now, but I may do what you suggested by uploading two versions of the model. When the model is finished i'll make a decision.

Level 30
OH YEAH. Man I was gonna ask you that anyway.

Ok, so how do i get the animation where the skeletal body falls apart after I delete the corpse and the other animation?

To achieve that is kinda difficult. The Death animation of the skeleton is using another mesh that falls apart. Not the main one. Along with another set of bones for it.

And with other animation i presume you mean the birth animation? I achieved that by looking at the Skeleton's Birth animation and remade certain steps to give it the look as if it was coming out of the ground.

Here's an example: Stalmaster It has a mock up death animation where it falls apart and the birth animation that i tried to recreate.

Level 14
To achieve that is kinda difficult. The Death animation of the skeleton is using another mesh that falls apart. Not the main one. Along with another set of bones for it.

And with other animation i presume you mean the birth animation? I achieved that by looking at the Skeleton's Birth animation and remade certain steps to give it the look as if it was coming out of the ground.

Here's an example: Stalmaster It has a mock up death animation where it falls apart and the birth animation that i tried to recreate.

Well, I don't really know how to animate :/ so I couldn't make something like that. I could get someone to do it, or I could just delete the corpse.

Level 30
Well, I don't really know how to animate :/ so I couldn't make something like that. I could get someone to do it, or I could just delete the corpse.

I would just delete the corpse.

And again another Idea: When you upload the model you can make a Poll there you can let the People decide if you should/let another one add the birth and death animations of the Skeleton.

Level 30
Alright, so how can I add an fire to the eyes?

Firstly you add "ReplaceableTextures/Weather/Clouds8x8" or "Textures/Clouds8x8fire.

Then you use magos and open 'node manager' there you right click and click on 'Create Particel Emitter 2'.

Of course you have to add these where the 'Head-Bone' is. So the Particels follow the Head.

Also you create two.

Then there are these settings if you double click on them. I advise to look at the emitters of my Skeletal Pitlord and copy the settings of them and experiment with them afterwards to get the desired size.

Level 14
Firstly you add "ReplaceableTextures/Weather/Clouds8x8" or "Textures/Clouds8x8fire.

Then you use magos and open 'node manager' there you right click and click on 'Create Particel Emitter 2'.

Of course you have to add these where the 'Head-Bone' is. So the Particels follow the Head.

Also you create two.

Then there are these settings if you double click on them. I advise to look at the emitters of my Skeletal Pitlord and copy the settings of them and experiment with them afterwards to get the desired size.

I got the size that I wanted but I can't seem to find out how to move them to the place I want

Status
Not open for further replies.