• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

W.I.P Stalchild (Alternate Skeleton)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I wanted to make another model from the Legend of Zelda, and one enemy that I always used to be terrified of was the Stalchild. I thought it would be pretty fun to make and decided to get working on it.

Here's a picture for reference.
latest

All I have is the head right now, here's a W.I.P screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Level 30
I wouldn't take the hands, but the claws of the Ghoul and combine them with skeleton hands. (Similar to all of my Stalfos Creatures. For example: Stalfos Razor)

And you could even get some blood on the Claws, if you use the claw texture (Ghoul texture) and the "Textures/Bloodplash.blp" texture in the same material.

Like Orc Veteran. The Texture of the sword uses two different textures on the same mesh to get the blood on it.

Level 30
Where the Joints would be.

For example:
Red dots = Bones
Green lines = Connection
Example1.PNG

Example2.PNG

I think you need a small explaination: The Upper red dot, where the torso is, is representing the upper body. The Upper body can move right or left, while the hips remain in a sort of foward direction, but can also move left and right.

This is "Bone_Chest". It's 'child-bones' are "Bone_Hips", "Bone_RightArm1", "Bone_LeftArm1" and "Bone_Head".

Level 30
@BossGengar Read it carefully first, before doing anything else.

The attachment points are represented as
Clip.PNG
Clips.

You can add them like you would a bone via magos. You just click on "Create Attachment".

The Attachment points have to have specific names:
In your case you would have to add:
"Origin Ref" = It's the point where the Unit stands on. Z value should be 0.

"Overhead Ref" = This point is a bit over the units head or in some cases over the models center of mass.

"Head Ref" = This Point is where the Head would be. There are models that don't have heads, but still have this attachment point.

"Chest Ref" = This Point is where the chest or torso would be. Again there are models that don't have chests, but still have this attachment point.

"Hand Right Ref" & "Hand Left Ref" = These points are where the said hand would be. Again there are models that don't have hands per se, but still need to have these attachment points.

"Foot Right Ref" & "Foot Left Ref" = These points are where the said foot would be. Again there are models that don't have feet per se, but still need to have these attachment points.

"Weapon Ref" = This attachment point is where the attacking limb would be. There many differences there. The Attachment Point location varies with each model.
For example:
The Footman attacks with his sword. The "Weapon Ref" attachment point is somewhere in the middle of the blade.
The Rifleman attacks via shooting with his rifle. The "Weapon Ref" attachment point is somewhere on the Rifle.
THe Ghoul attacks with his claws. The "Weapon Ref" attachment point is located on his right claw.

BUT there are exceptions.
For Example:
My Gorloc Model attacks with his teeth and yet the "Weapon Ref" attachment point is located on his right hand.

THESE are necessary for most models. Buildings don't need some them, but need an Additional "Sprite Rallypoint Ref".
My Advice is to compare the attachment points with a model that is similar to yours. So that you can see what attachment to add and what not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.