1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BossGengar's Model W.I.P Gallery

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by BossGengar, Nov 29, 2017.

1. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey! I haven't been really active in modelling, but I've gotten back on track!

This'll be where I put my W.I.P pictures and such. I used to do individual threads for each model I made, but this will be much easier and more accessible than that.

This is the beginnings of a model of a hand, [​IMG]
    I'm thinking of making two models outta this, either this boss from Zelda: Ocarina of Time Bongo_Bongo.png
    or the Wall-master enemy from the same game

Wallmaster_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

Update 1.1
    Okay I have the overall shape of the hand, and will probably finish it soon. Just needs depth on the front of the hand. Wip1.PNG

Update 1.2
    The hand portion is done pretty much. Just needs a few tweaks and polish, overall shape and depth is complete.
    WIP4.PNG

Update 1.3 Starting up on the body, not much of Bongo Bongo yet..
    WIP.PNG
    1.4 I polished up the hand model. Gonna start finalizing the body mesh.
    (Not showing a picture, because It doesn't look much different)

Update 1.5 Finally made some headway. It's starting to look more like Bongo Bongo.
    Capture.PNG
    Update 1.6 Finished up the arms, just need the head.
    Capture.PNG
    Update 1.7
    Starting to make the head, it needs the eye and the "flower skin thingies" still. After this is done it's just putting the puzzle pieces together to finish the base model.
    Capture.PNG
    Update 1.8
    Okay, now it's time to fit the pieces together now that I have the head portion.
    Capture2.PNG
    Update 1.9
    Base model (for the most part) finished!
    Capture3.PNG
    2.0 Model textured, starting animation.
    2.PNG

Bongo Bongo model can be found here

Okay, I want to work on another model, since I've had a lot of free time lately, so might as well start a new one.
    This one I'm excited for and I've been wanting to make this one for a while.
    I already have the mask for the Skull Kid and I just need to make the body.
    I got the legs already! :) Capture.PNG
    Update 1.1 Finishing up on the legs of the base model, starting to lead up to the main body.
    Capture.PNG
    Update 1.2 Got the torso done, just needs hands, head, hat, and mask (which I already have done.)
    Capture2.PNG
    Update 1.3 Finished with the base model, might need some polishing, but it's done nonetheless.
    Finished.PNG
    Update 1.4 Early Texturing of the model.
    Capture2.PNG
    Update 1.5 Late Texturing of model + pose.
    Capture2.PNG

Skull Kid model can be found here

Okay, I've kept this one somewhere in the gutter for a bit, since I never really wanted to finish it, but I don't want it to go to waste so I decided to return on this one. This is a Poe from Ocarina of Time and the base model is already done. I'll just use the shade arms for it. This one won't take as long to make since, I already have the base model done, and it doesn't need a lot of work on the texture.
    Capture.PNG
    1.1 I'm pretty satisfied on how the texture looks. I'm gonna make a few tweaks to it, but overall it looks pretty similar to the source material.
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 The Shade arms actually work pretty well.
    Capture.PNG
    1.3 I've got the Stand animation done. Also made the eyes have team color. (Ignore the cursor in the gif.)
    2.gif
    1.5 Animation progress
    Attack 1: attack1.gif
    Attack: 2
    attack2.gif Stand: 2
    stand2.gif Walk:
    Walk.gif Walk Fast: Walk Fast.gif

Poe model can be found here

This will be the first Non-Zelda model in a while, but I'm excited to work on this one nonetheless. This is The Shredder (From the 2003 TMNT series) who is the main antagonist for most of the TV series. He's one of my favorite villains and I felt the urge to try to make something like this for a while.

[​IMG]

Update 1.0: Here's the start of the the Helmet

Capture.PNG

Update 1.1: I have the Helmet mesh done + shoulderpads,
    ShredHed.PNG
    and also the sword that he'll use.
    Sword of Tengu.png
    Update 1.2: Here's the progress on the body. I'm not sure if this is acceptable, but I'll wait until I give this model proper textures.
    Watch out for Shredder.PNG
    Update 1.3: Alright, i think that the base model is done. I need to find proper textures though. Shouldn't be too hard right?
    Shredder with Tengu2.PNG
    Update 1.4: Alright, made more tweaks to the model to make it less blocky.

Shredder2.PNG

Update 1.5: Rough Texturing of it. (Not counting the sword)

Capture.PNG

Update 1.6: Redid legs, and changed a few things.

Final2.PNG

Update 1.7: Bone Structure.

Bones.PNG

Shredder model can be found here

After watching Avengers: Infinity War, and seeing how awesome of a villain Thanos was, I felt inspired to do a model of him, since nobody else has.

Update 1.0: I wanted to make the Gauntlet detailed since its an important part of Thanos.

Start of the Fingers:
    5.png

Update 1.1: Just need the thumb now.
    4.png

Update 1.2: Infinity Gauntlet Base Model Finished
    12345.png

Update 1.3: Infinity Gauntlet Textured:
    Textured.png

Update 1.4: Body Progress, needs the head
    Thanos.png

Update 1.5: Added Head, and a few more detailes:
    213.png

Update 1.6 Added NEW Head (Thanks to @Tauer) and Tunic. + Textured

Capture1.PNG

Thanos model can be found here

Getting back onto the Zelda train, I'm going to make an iconic character: Ganondorf. I'm going to be making the Ocarina of Time incarnation of the character.

Update 1.0: Legs and start of the torso: Capture.PNG

Update 1.1: Added Belt + Start of Torso: Capture2.PNG

Update 1.2: More progress on the torso needs arms: Capture3.PNG

Update 1.3: Added arms and Neck, just needs the head and a few more details, then I'll be ready for the texturing process:
    Capture4.PNG
    Update 1.4: Added Collar, Cape, and sword. Needs head (hardest part)
    Capture.PNG
    Update 1.5: Early Texturing, some cleaning up to do all around.
    Capture.PNG
    Update 1.5.5:
    Some touch ups all around
    Capture.PNG
    Update 1.6:
    Overhauled most of the textures and made parts more detailed and fleshed out.
    Update2.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Love both ideas, honestly.

3. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I could do both, should I you think?

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Why not? : )

5. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:

Do it. They would compliment my Stalfos with Bongo Bongo being their Leader.

6. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Alright, i'll do it :)

7. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @Mister_Haudrauf @Kyrbi0
    Okay, I need some help. Bongo Bongo is a weird zombie thing hanging from the ceiling. What's a way I can make that in Wc3 form? I can't have him hang from the sky, since it's a top down angle. What should I do?

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good question. Maybe cut it off, but poor a buncha smokey/cloudy particle SFX on there to obscure it?

9. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hmm... that's not a bad idea. That'll look pretty creepy. I'll try to see how that looks. Thanks!

10. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    It will look better, if he comes from the ground.

I mean this: You have a hole made from shadows on the ground that follows Bongo Bongo. Bongo Bongo's underside will be coming from the ground. The rest is like normal.

11. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Kinda like Stallord? I'll see what that one looks like.

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It might look better graphically, but it would worse in terms of faithfulness to the source material. It changes his whole geometry.

13. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Honesty, I'm gonna have to agree with @Kyrbi0. Don't get me wrong @Mister_Haudrauf , I like both ideas, it's just I don't know if it will look like Bongo Bongo when all is said and done if his body is in the ground. However, I can't jump to conclusions just yet, i'll still try to see what both look like before making any decisions.

14. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Okay I have another Idea: You make him like the Source Material. The Idea is that he comes from a thick Shadow Cloud above the ground, but not to high in the sky. That way we have the faithfulness and it will probably look good.

15. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Alright, that sounds good! I'll most likely do that one! :D

16. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Sorry not having much time to model lately! Just letting you know that I haven't given up!

17. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @Mister_Haudrauf @Kyrbi0
    Okay, now that I have the base model complete, what's the best way to get textures on the model, and what's the best way to know what textures to use?

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Which model again?

Basically what you're doing now is wrapping; two great programs for that are Mdlvis & Matrix Eater. I would use Magos to work with the necessary Material/Layers, & to import the necessary in-game textures.

If you are texturing from scratch, I cannot help you.

19. BossGengar

BossGengar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The "Bongo Bongo" one, you can look at a picture in the spoiler tab in the main post.

How do you know what textures to use (since I'm striving to use in-game textures) do you just experiment?

What does "texturing from scratch" mean?

20. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ah I see... Many times people will guide the first post like you did, but also put the newest stuff in their most recent posts as well.

Mainly just practice & experience; sometimes people will just comb through the MPQs looking for useful textures. Think of an in-game model that has a similar look (texture-wise) to yours... And find out what textures it uses.

Texturing from scratch is literally *creating* the texture of your model from, well, nothing. Just drawing it from the ground up. Like cooking "from scratch".