• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W.I.P Skeletal Dreadlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
open magos' node manager then look for the bone you want to attach the geoset to. the bone has to have the blue bone icon. nodes have the blue box thingy
You can attach geosets to bones using MDLVIS, in sequence editor look for the bones (or helpers) which contain the movement information and attach your imported geosets. And yes attaching something to wrong bones causes glitches in the movement.
Thanks for the help! I'll see if I can get it to work.

For me it's nice. I love the tutu :*
I agree with what the others said so far. No biggie, it happens to me too.
haha, thanks!

Hold on people. one of the major reasons of geosets going awry is rigging to a helper object. it's easy to see in model editor, it being a speech bubble. the only way to fix that is to convert with mdlx converter to 'mdl' format. open it with notepad use the 'replace' command and replace all 'Helper' words with 'Bone'. then exit and only save when it asks you. otherwise it destroys the model.

after that, you can re-convert, test, and maybe re-attach vertices of said geoset with mdlvis.

Hold on people. one of the major reasons of geosets going awry is rigging to a helper object. it's easy to see in model editor, it being a speech bubble. the only way to fix that is to convert with mdlx converter to 'mdl' format. open it with notepad use the 'replace' command and replace all 'Helper' words with 'Bone'. then exit and only save when it asks you. otherwise it destroys the model.

after that, you can re-convert, test, and maybe re-attach vertices of said geoset with mdlvis.

That's a good idea, actually.

Level 14
Maybe you don't attach the vertices to bones, but instead attach them to other objects like helpers or even event object.
Never attach vertices to anything else than bones for it will cause weird errors.

Why don't you post your WIP as an mdx/mdl in this thread so people might have a closer look?
Gotta learn from somewhere. I need to know how to fix this.

I'll see how that works out.

Level 14

Wow! It worked! Thanks so much! I'll get started on the portrait now!

full
Excellent

Level 30
@Mister_Haudrauf I need a little help on this if you don't mind.

Alright, I wanna re-wrap the wings to the frostwyrm skin. It looks fine on the back, but on the front it's invisible.

How do I fix this?

capture1-png.270696
capture2-png.270697

You have to set the Texture to 'Twosided' in MagosModelEditor.

Material Manager --> Texture of the Wings -->
Twosided.PNG
(Only the marked spot is important for you. The rest is just a random texture of a model)

Status
Not open for further replies.