• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzcon 2019 Opening Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
blizzcon-2019.jpg

The opening ceremony, where the biggest announcements will be revealed, is free to watch for everyone and will be broadcast at BlizzCon.com, Blizzard's Twitch channel as well as YouTube.
The opening ceremony starts at 11am PT (19:00 CET) later today.

Don't miss out!

Last edited:
Level 20
Also, @Archian - this year it's not only the opening ceremony that is free to watch, the first 4 panels on Mythic stage are free too :)

Source:

Stay tuned in to BlizzCon.com, the BlizzCon Mobile App, or on Twitter immediately following the opening ceremony to watch the first four developer panels live from the Mythic Stage—for free!—and find out more about what Blizzard’s up to.

Join Us At BlizzCon 2019

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yeah, since when did Sylvanas got that strong?
Since a new WoW expansion had to be done.

Diablo IV's intro seems rather forced too. Maybe it makes sense as you play and the story unveils. Was that Inarius taking her out? Did the tortured angel escape due to the death of all/most evils and come to rescue his beloved? Not quite since Lilith is called by the character as a mother.
Probably, Inarius will help the players kill Lilith, know the weaknesses.
Ah frick, it's Rathma, Lilith's actual son and the one the Necromancers worship.

Level 14
Since a new WoW expansion had to be done.

Diablo IV's intro seems rather forced too. Maybe it makes sense as you play and the story unveils. Was that Inarius taking her out? Did the tortured angel escape due to the death of all/most evils and come to rescue his beloved? Not quite since Lilith is called by the character as a mother.
Probably, Inarius will help the players kill Lilith, know the weaknesses.
Ah frick, it's Rathma, Lilith's actual son and the one the Necromancers worship.

That's Lilith, as in the Demon which banged with an Angel and created the Nephalem?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
That's Lilith, as in the Demon which banged with an Angel and created the Nephalem?
Yes. I hope they will not expect me to read all those comic books and silly books to know who these characters really are and will detail their stories further in Diablo IV.
The original story, as per usual, was retconned from the Diablo game manuals.

Rathma is their son, the first nephalem.

I love how J. Allen Brack addressed the hong kong controversy
Empty words. Just a generic and empty apology necessary to make people behave during their event. They would do the same thing again in a heartbeat. Kind of ironic that he wears a pride pin while saying all this, thus sending a political statement, which by their book is a valid reason to fire people and take away prizes.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Empty words.
I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

"We will do better going forward. Then said actions will speak louder than words" - J. Allen Brack

All in all, I hope it's not a Diablo II reboot.
It's not. It's more of a wink to D2 fans ;)

Open world. 5 massive areas so big you need mounts. Trading has returned. Runewords has returned. Hundreds of new legendaries. TON of customization. Barbarian new Arsenal system (can equip 4 items) and quickly switch between them in combat.

"We will do better going forward. Then said actions will speak louder than words" - J. Allen Brack
As far as I am aware, the fired people are still fired, and the prize winner is still without a prize.

But yes, time will tell if they really intend to do better. Personally I doubt it, but who knows.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Kind of ironic that he wears a pride pin while saying all this, thus sending a political statement, which by their book is a valid reason to fire people and take away prizes.
Hypocritical, actually.
Still words yet.
As far as I am aware, the fired people are still fired, and the prize winner is still without a prize.
Honestly, the boy broke rules. I think they did a bit too much to him but disqualifying him from the contest would have been proper.
I don't know about the other two. Maybe they were found, also guilty?

Archian

Site Director
Level 61

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Open world. 5 massive areas so big you need mounts.
Basically, what's new and the Witcher already has that and the gray choices. But that's OK, however this is what I was referring to, besides the classes:
Trading has returned. Runewords has returned.
Barbarian new Arsenal system (can equip 4 items) and quickly switch between them in combat.
Does that mean 4 two-handed weapons or four one handed ones like the barb was doing it in DII when switching weapons?

Don't get me wrong. I really like what I'm seeing. They've combined a lot of games graphics wise, Dark Souls, Witcher whatnot. Diablo is only a shadow because the first two games were never 3D and it's hard to transpose.
I was just hoping for less nostalgia and more of a bald sequel.
If the story and music stand up, then by all means.

Incorrect. They changed it to 6 months ban and paid the winner his prize in full. The caster's ban was also changed to 6 months instead.

Regarding Last Weekend’s Hearthstone Grandmasters Tournament
Wow, cool @Archian. I hope things actually mended that way.

Level 20
Well, I'm genuinely impressed with Diablo 4, especially after watching the panel - it sounds like they're taking all the good parts from all 3 games, add some new features and mash them all together in a very dark and gritty open world aRPG. This could be really fun.

As for music, there was a new (?) track playing in between Diablo and Overwatch panel and it definetely sounded like something from Diablo 1/2, not D3. Can't find it anywhere, but I think it was really good.

In regards to the story, they have confirmed that the creative director for Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, Sebastian Stępień, who joined Blizzard early this year is on the Diablo 4 team, which at least to me sounds very promising.

So far, so good - definetely interested, let's hope they don't fuck this up.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, I'm genuinely impressed with Diablo 4
Guys! This is like almost ten minutes

Diablo® IV

Wow, hope they'll make a small movie like they did with DII.
In regards to the story, they have confirmed that the creative director for Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, Sebastian Stępień, who joined Blizzard early this year is on the Diablo 4 team, which at least to me sounds very promising.
Yeah! Looking forward for a Witchersque Diablo IV, for sure: open world, mounts, gray choices etc.
Not impressed with the intro's music. It's cheesy trailer style.

Level 20
Not impressed with the intro's music. It's cheesy trailer style.
I'm not talking about the video background music - to me it sounded like generic trailer music, I doubt it's an actual track from the game. I'm talking about another track right after the panel that sounded new and gave me those D1/2 vibes.

Level 20
I can't find it, it played briefly right after the panel ended - it's not in any trailer. I really liked it, but I guess we will see.

Hopefully they come up with some really atmospheric, spooky music.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
When are they talking about Reforged?
Join Us At BlizzCon 2019
No idea. That's the schedule but it's incomplete.
EDIT: it's on November the 3rd: Join Us At BlizzCon 2019

The druid is on steroids, I'm afraid. The barbarian was supposed to be the biggest, now the other poser comes along. As a bear, sure but not as a human. I mean, all that knowledge gaining and nature understanding. How does that bring so much muscle over brute barbarian force, daily?

Level 6
Join Us At BlizzCon 2019
No idea. That's the schedule but it's incomplete.
EDIT: it's on November the 3rd: Join Us At BlizzCon 2019

The druid is on steroids, I'm afraid. The barbarian was supposed to be the biggest, now the other poser comes along. As a bear, sure but not as a human. I mean, all that knowledge gaining and nature understanding. How does that bring so much muscle over brute barbarian force, daily?

Being in tune with nature he must be quite knowledgeable about proper nutrition.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Being in tune with nature he must be quite knowledgeable about proper nutrition.
Working less out doesn't grow you muscles. Maybe, it's a genetic thing. Just pointing out their steroid obsession seen throughout their games for years now.
So, you liked that one?
Sure. I'd actually like some original stuff as well but not cheesy. Diablo's music was always experimental.

Level 6
Working less out doesn't grow you muscles. Maybe, it's a genetic thing. Just pointing out their steroid obsession seen throughout their games for years now.

Sure. I'd actually like some original stuff as well but not cheesy. Diablo's music was always experimental.

They spend quite a bit of time in the wilds. Also, maybe if they want to turn into a bear they also need to fight it hand to hand...or something.

Also!

Level 20
I don't mean "epic" as quality - I mean... I don't know how to describe it - that loud, fast action-y music that is supposed to play in "epic" moments. Diablo III was full of that and while I absolutely don't mind that style of music, I just don't think it fits in a Diablo game.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't mean "epic" as quality - I mean... I don't know how to describe it - that loud, fast action-y music that is supposed to play in "epic" moments. Diablo III was full of that and while I absolutely don't mind that style of music, I just don't think it fits in a Diablo game.
Again, many words start to lose their meaning and are replaced with so many definitions that no one knows which is which anymore.
Action music in Diablo III is mostly during boss fights, cinematic scenes. The rest is pretty chill.
Yeah, I bet they didn't think of the druid turning into an ent/treant. All they thought of was nostalgia stabs, it seems.

Level 6
I LOVE what they are doing with Diablo. I kept daydreaming about making it based on medieval art and make humans vile, weak and contemptible. I LOVE how they say they are basing the art style on paintings like the Old Masters like Rembrandt (!!!!) and abandoned the comic book style of D3. It is EXACTLY what I was expecting. D3 is far from being a bad game, especially with ROS but although the art was very beautiful it wasn't very Diablo. It goes to show that complaining on the internet is not useless after all.

I kept daydreaming they would base it on movies and novels like the Name of the Rose, especially the scenes below. I never thought they would actually do it but I can totally see them making cinematics that feel like this. I never thought they would actually do it but they did! The Name of the Rose but with demons. That's what Diablo is!

Status
Not open for further replies.