Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blizzcon 2019 Opening Ceremony

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 1, 2019.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Working less out doesn't grow you muscles. Maybe, it's a genetic thing. Just pointing out their steroid obsession seen throughout their games for years now.
    Sure. I'd actually like some original stuff as well but not cheesy. Diablo's music was always experimental.

2. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    All I want is creepy music that adds to the atmosphere - not the "epic" music like D3 had. And I think this track and the one on their site do that :)

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Define epic. I think it became synonym with cliche, sadly.
    Diablo II's music is as epic as ever, both in proportions, style and originality.
    DIII has some good tracks as well amidst the cheesy ones.

4. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    They spend quite a bit of time in the wilds. Also, maybe if they want to turn into a bear they also need to fight it hand to hand...or something.

Also!

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't mean "epic" as quality - I mean... I don't know how to describe it - that loud, fast action-y music that is supposed to play in "epic" moments. Diablo III was full of that and while I absolutely don't mind that style of music, I just don't think it fits in a Diablo game.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Again, many words start to lose their meaning and are replaced with so many definitions that no one knows which is which anymore.
    Action music in Diablo III is mostly during boss fights, cinematic scenes. The rest is pretty chill.
    Yeah, I bet they didn't think of the druid turning into an ent/treant. All they thought of was nostalgia stabs, it seems.

7. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster (or someone else) can you post the full schedule? I can't see it.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  9. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I LOVE what they are doing with Diablo. I kept daydreaming about making it based on medieval art and make humans vile, weak and contemptible. I LOVE how they say they are basing the art style on paintings like the Old Masters like Rembrandt (!!!!) and abandoned the comic book style of D3. It is EXACTLY what I was expecting. D3 is far from being a bad game, especially with ROS but although the art was very beautiful it wasn't very Diablo. It goes to show that complaining on the internet is not useless after all.

I kept daydreaming they would base it on movies and novels like the Name of the Rose, especially the scenes below. I never thought they would actually do it but I can totally see them making cinematics that feel like this. I never thought they would actually do it but they did! The Name of the Rose but with demons. That's what Diablo is!

10. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    And as I've said before, I don't really know how to explain what I've meant :)

11. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there a video from the Warcraft audio panel yet? It required a virtual ticket, but I'm sure somebody will upload it

12. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, I've figured it out. It's on Nov 2, you just need to use the bar at the bottom of the div, and scroll to the far right.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Augustus

From the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction manual:
    druidMusclesConfirmed.png
    Muscles are legit but still I think they're too big :p

K guys, want to make some things clear before we start playing Diablo IV.

Lore but not from outside the games.

Stuff about Lilith:
    The Writings of Lilith (Diablo III)

About Inarius:
    The Testament of Inarius (Diablo III)
    InaiusD1.png

I've also attached the manuals for the first two games so you'd know the background of mostly everything important to the franchise/universe.
    Damn, Chris Vincent Metzen was such a good writer, even with that simplicity. Concise, informative and intriguing. Much for imagination and speculation, little for plot holes (well, except between sequels; mostly retconns though).

No mention of Inarius in Diablo II's manuals, neither of Lilith (even in the first Diablo manual).
    Basically Inarius was some sort of Lucifer in the first game's story.

The point I'm making is that they should explain the gaps in Diablo IV, not in outside material like books, comics, whatever not related to the games directly like the manuals.

@Archian

Too bad no Chris the Man appearance this year :\ Well, there's still time :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  14. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll be honest. I like everything about Diablo4 ... but I don't feel the same energy of dread and mystery, then the first 2. Like.... completly pitchblack areas with only your character that has light. and the terrain reveals itself as you move along. I feel like we see waaaaaaay to much around the characters in the darker areas :(

diablo3.png

15. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ^ The Goblin gets it! :D

16. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    Diablo was never that dark in the first place unless your brightness was set that low on your monitor (or your monitor was aging, where it would become darker naturally)

17. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yu wot?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Honestly everything about Diablo IV looks great and promising, except the actual gameplay footage...

Love that they brought back talent tree like in D2, the darker tone (honestly I'm really surprised since blood and gore is seemingly illegal in China), etc. but the one (and only) thing D3 got right was how fluid, crisp, and responsive the gameplay was. It just "feel" good to play D3,

Like don't get me wrong, Barbarian looked like it would play smoothly, but the Druid... the concept is nice but as far as I could tell the Druid appears to be a clunky mess. Not sure about the Sorceress.

Also, I do like open world, I'm generally not a fan of linear stages. However, if the game is open world, then I'm guessing that enemies will also be level scaling in the game—which I absolutely abhor. Because level scaling is completely antithetical to RPGs, if there's level scaling then there's no point to have the player character level up in the first place...

19. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is that really Diablo's skull? I think it may her father's - Mephisto.

20. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I'm not mistaken Sylvanas made some deal with something Helya and Aszhara and whatnot and gained some powers like she made some power blast to Saurfang that fried him. Then Bolvar didn't have Frostmourne with him and Arthas/Ner'zhul's wills were dead.

Still shitty writing though