• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard's Bugged Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
They won't; we already have. AFAIK they simply have to stick it in the existing MPQ (it'll overwrite the bugged version) & when the next patch comes out, everyone gets it automatically.

Imho Blizzard prefers to develop their own fixes in-house. Or else, they may decide (or not), to sign a work for hire agreement with one third party (or more), for him to develop fixes. Of course, this also involves paying this third party (or more).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_for_hire

Is anyone fluent with such topics here on THW, btw ?

Level 18
Fixed the warp on the Scroll of Protection buff.

Attachments

• AIdaTarget.mdx
    13 KB · Views: 99
  • shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 154
Level 3
fixed wrap on arm and improve wrap in other parts

EDIT: Changed eyes to green

Attachments

• BloodElfLieutenant.mdx
    75.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 15
Basically, many buildings have faulty or missing hind, upper, inner and under-textures, and some of those textures are even strange, like the orc altar statue having another face on the back or the gnoll hut having a false door at the back. I did a quick checkup regarding this in my test map that contains all buildings and here are my finds screenshotted: http://imgur.com/a/rn8ul

Reactions: pyf
Level 21
Nice compilation with pictures, thx for bothering to make it.
But, as others said, we already knew about most of those things. They were left like that on purpose, since you normally can't see the back side of buildings. This has also already been mentioned, but it's really strange how they didn't make a texture for Centaur's back, so now they're left with nipples on their backs.

Level 15
But, as others said, we already knew about most of those things. They were left like that on purpose, since you normally can't see the back side of buildings.
I know that, but I made the compilation anyway to see which ones are the most critical and how they are affected. It can also help modellers who edit those buildings or base their buildings on them.

Level 21
It can also help modellers who edit those buildings or base their buildings on them.
Maybe it could be useful, I guess.

I think this should also be mentioned – Some models have team color that seems to "pierce" through the global lighting without getting shaded, which makes it appear like it is glowing at night. That happens because the material settings of the model are flagged as "unshaded".

Most building models don't have unshaded team color, but for some reason these do: Farm, Arcane Vault, Graveyard, Boneyard, Tomb of Relics, Tree of Life, Ancient of Wind and Ancient of Lore.

Most unit models have unshaded team color, but these don't: Blood Mage, Death Knight, Lich, Crypt Lord, Carrion Beetle, Meat Wagon*, Necromancer, Priestess of the Moon, Demon Hunter.

*Meat Wagon was supposed to have unshaded tc, but they accidentally made the wrong material layer unshaded.

By the way, Blizzard forgot to include the Stand Channel animation in the newer, TFT version of Murloc Flesheater. In Reign of Chaos, Murloc Flesheaters could use that animation with the Cannibalize ability, so it would look like they were devouring a corpse, but now since the new version of the model doesn't have that animation, they just stand over a corpse while they heal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.