• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Belgrath's Secondary Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Your first of the forest are the best by far. The angles in the rest are poor. Usually far out shots aren't that great. Good use of HT's rocks!

Level 25
I spy excessive hills and mountains with pointy edges. Fix them up a bit. Also, your tile variation in the screenshots of the forests with blueish fog isn't very good either. I'd say it is pretty basic. But your daytime forest pictures are really good. Yet I still see pointy hills and mountains. :cry:

Your terrain work varies from good, to great, and worse. Try to put a lot of time in your work. If you spot any flaws, I recommend you fix them because eventually I'll notice them and announce it lol
~Craka_J

Thanks for that, raging ^^.
About the pointy hills, this is still a bit of a WIP, when I finish the entire map, I'm going to go over it with smoothing, lowering and raising, to make it more smooth, "like a baby's bottom".
*update: I was making a cave with night elves, then did the "Out of the cave" view, and had the peculiar idea of adding a big, kilted man! I think they're rather good.
*update: Added 3 screens of Bealg, these of one of the villages.

Last edited:
Level 34
This is the largest showcase I've seen. GJ! The new stuff is good, I agree with Craka, you still need to take your time a little more.

Level 25
The new forest screenshots are that great. Well they're good, but again, the tile variation is very bad. It is all dirt! In an area with that much vegetation, there should be a lot more grass. But I really like your new cave picture. I think it is your best cave made so far. The other one with the unit in the middle is ruined because the unit is there. Remove that knight guy and it'll be awesome. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 34
I like the last picture you added (fixed). The lighting is really good. How did you make the horizon have that glow?
+rep

Level 34
Oh, well if you add more doodads it might look better. River Rushes, Cattails, and lily pads and the like.

Level 34
Doesn't look at all like Rome to me. Not bad terrain, but as Craka and raging said, either tint the marble building or delete it. Or skin it.

Level 34
It sure looks like you used roman buildings and roman units. ;)

The marble building stand out too much. Although if you like it, leave it.

Level 25
I can't really figure out if I like this or don't like it. It definately has a lot of contrast of darks and lights, but I'm guessing there's too much white fog on the left. Maybe if it were added everywhere else, it'd look better. I'm just guessing that.

Tile variation is pretty good. But the terrain is very flat. Also, the rocks stick out way too much and look randomly placed, which looks pretty bad actually. I advise you tint the rocks darker and place them more creatively. Add some hill variation too: remember to retain yourself from keeping them pointy!
~Craka_J

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

i like the last few the best, but dude... you could ahve easily done all of that without a single inpor... you jsut need to know how.

Level 34
I am the same as you Belgarath. I get bored really quick, although I am working hard on castle siege.

Level 34
I am terraining it right now, I have no time for personal terrain. Yes it is the big thread, and you should comment on the terrain! ;)

I really don't like indoor terrains all that much. Generally they look really ugly because of the models. WC should stay outside. This indoor is much better than your last high-res one. Way more to look at, and better angles.

Heh, I'll get onto it as soon as I do some stuff. I actually like indoors ones, (making them) as all you have to worry about are the doodads, maybe weather and fog. Otherwise it's terrain variation, sky, etc, etc.
*update: added a dark forest high resolution one.
*update: added more high resolution ones. Lots of 'em now.

Last edited:
Level 5
The high rez screenshots look great. I'm totally diggin screens 91-93 but 94, woah...it confuses me a little. The slight rock/mountain formation is cool, but the walls to the left of it? What are they doing sticking out and stuff? Screen 95 looks terrific, like a high elven village/monastary way up in the mountains.

Your indoor high rez screenshots are a little dark and you could fix them up a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.