• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Belgrath's Secondary Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
It's from WoW. There's a bridge kind of like the one you made. Although there is no river under it.

You sure are pumping out the screens! GJ

The dark ones aren't as good as your first one, but still okay. The NE pictures are good, nothing I can see wrong.

I see, and they're not NE ones, unless I use my old name for them (about 20 min old) - the views of the power rangers.
Yeah, I know that I'm really pumping 'em, I often don't have anything else to do >_>
*update: added 3 village screens, all playable. I'm making a "pretty" village map to look at.
*update: added 2 village screens, all playable.

Last edited:
*update: this is for all 8 village screens. They're all from my map, which might just exist at some point. No, it's not killing me making all these screens, it's rather placing all the pathing blockers to make these babies playable.
Yes, yes, double post, but I thought 8 screens deserved an update.
*update: LOL, already have to edit. Added 3 - populated - ones.

Last edited:
Level 34
Wow, a lot of new stuff.

You're getting better pretty fast! The last one is the only one I dislike. The corn is kind of ugly.

Level 34
I like the new mountain one. Only thing is the different plants you used. I suggest taking out the spiky fern. Keep the other fern type though. Also maybe tint the bushes to a lighter green. They stand out a bit.

Level 34
The mountains ones are nice. I don't like the inside of the cave at all. Way too straight.

Level 34
The snow terrain is pretty goo.d Another strong one from you, but I would suggest taking more time on one terrain. Bring the quality up. I also need to do this. Cranking them out like this creates mediocre ones.

Level 25
Your skills are improving Belgrath. Your main problem though is you don't make doodads blend properly. For example, you'll have dark shrubs and rocks mixed with those bright custom grass doodads. You need to get the hang of tinting doodads darker/lighter if necessary to make them blend better. As a simple tip, I recommend you should always tint that one custom grass model darker: It is way to bright.

But overall most of your work is satisfying and well made. A bit messy for others, but you are improving.
~Craka_J

Level 10
i know i have commented on this thread before, but THATS SOME AWSOME TERRAIN! are you making a large single map? or are all those screenshots taken from different maps? you should make this terrain playable, and make an RPG out of it, i would be willing to play it just for the terrain...even if the other aspects of the rpg sucked lol, i absulutely LOVE a map with excellent terrain, but you just dont find many like that...

Level 34
Don't really like the new shots. It looks as though you just splashed the page with doodads. No order. I also don't like the floating rocks on the hillside.

Level 34
The last few aren't so hot. Don't slide! Again, spend more time on your work. I know you could go over your stuff, find things wrong, and fix it yourself.

Level 34
The river is alright, but something about it is awkward. Maybe the models used. The colors clash perhaps? I think it's the blueness of the river. Try tinting the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.