• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Battle for Azeroth

What should I do about this campaign?

• Improve the storyline

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Improve the terrain

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Improve the custom imports

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Improve the spells

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Improve the gameplay

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Call of this whole project

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Queen Azshara, frightened that Hurmongreth's powers will eventually affect her Naga; decides to aid Malfurion and Thrall reach their destination as they fight their way through a corrupted Gnomish army that's taking hold over some isles that lead to Tanaris, lead by Gelbin Mekkatorque himself."
Uhm, where did gnomes get here all of the sudden and Azshara? Where did she come from? I mean even during the Frozen Throne there is no real hint that she is even alive.

What's that about lighthouses? Will we get to use ships in meaningful battles or some sort of stealth missions :D?

The larger crossbows had way more penetrating power, the easier way to dealing with armored targets since it went through plate at medium to short range.
True.
The main downside was reloading, taking two strong men to pull the string back.
Wait a min, I wasn't referring to ballistae.
First you say that Azshara ambush them
and then she helps them??
Maybe she realizes what happens and sees it as a threat to herself too as she and the naga are not corrupted!?

Level 29
~ * 2ND UPDATE [3/3/2018] * ~
--> [deepstrasz special update] <--
- Added major changes to description
- 2nd Mission now available for testing (Terrain and AI are incomplete, like usual..They'll be added in the finalized version)

KNOWN BUGS!

1-The Nurturer unit's portrait will appear as a high elf's portrait (1.26a+ Versions only, working on a fix for it)

N8etMqU.jpg

4ZGaXZA.jpg

- Design for next mission.

MEDIVH RETURNS
"After Tyrande's death, Malfurion has totally lost his sanity but Medivh intervenes to calm him down and explains the whole deal with Hurmongreth, the only way for them to rescue Azeroth is to head towards the Caverns of Time and return back to the past before Hurmongreth's corruption that they may defeat them...their next destination: Tanaris!"

SHORES OF BLOOD
"On their way to Tanaris.. Malfurion and Thrall get ambushed by Azshara's Naga. Queen Azshara, frightened that Hurmongreth's powers will eventually affect her Naga; decides to aid Malfurion and Thrall reach their destination as they fight their way through a corrupted Gnomish army that's taking hold over some isles that lead to Tanaris, lead by Gelbin Mekkatorque himself."
Fv5pO7p.jpg

- Please provide nitpicking reviews for me to improve, any feedback or support you give/provide will be greatly appreciated! +Rep and your name mentioned in credits/author list depending on your support.
- There are no applications, all kind of support is welcome

It was the Old Gods that turned Azshara and her followers into naga, so she should have known what she was getting into.

My review
I found it annoying that I had to play the first mission again

-Grammar mistakes
-Thrall got over Nazgrel's death very quickly
-Sylvanas' boss fight was anti-climatic and dissapointing
-Malfurion's abilities don't have their icons with fixed positions
-Why do Hunter Hall has attack?
-The icons on the Hunter Hall don't have fixed positions
-Why do Malfurion has Nurturers instead of Wisps?
-In hindsight, why there are only Forsaken attacking us, instead of a mix of Horde and Night Elves?
-Giant Wasps, really? And they take their time attacking us
-The item for the optional quest is too far away. You should make it be dropped closer to the furbolg
-No ending cinematic?

Uhm, where did gnomes get here all of the sudden and Azshara? Where did she come from? I mean even during the Frozen Throne there is no real hint that she is even alive.

She is alive. She will serve as a boss on the future expansion.

Last edited:
It was the Old Gods that turned Azshara and her followers into naga, so she should have known what she was getting into.

My review

-Grammar mistakes
-Thrall got over Nazgrel's death very quickly
-Sylvanas' boss fight was anti-climatic and dissapointing
-Malfurion's abilities don't have their icons with fixed positions
-Why do Hunter Hall has attack?
-The icons on the Hunter Hall don't have fixed positions
-Why do Malfurion has Nurturers instead of Wisps?
-In hindsight, why there are only Forsaken attacking us, instead of a mix of Horde and Night Elves?
-Giant Wasps, really? And they take their time attacking us
-The item for the optional quest is too far away. You should make it be dropped closer to the furbolg
-No ending cinematic?

She is alive. She will serve as a boss on the future expansion.

-Grammar mistakes (Will be fixed at the finalized version)
-Thrall got over Nazgrel's death very quickly (I agree, I'll fix tha in the finalized version)
-Sylvanas' boss fight was anti-climatic and dissapointing (Will be fixed at the finalized version)
-Malfurion's abilities don't have their icons with fixed positions (Will be fixed by next update)
-Why do Hunter Hall has attack? (That's intentional)
-The icons on the Hunter Hall don't have fixed positions (That's intentional)
-Why do Malfurion has Nurturers instead of Wisps? (For some small variety)
-In hindsight, why there are only Forsaken attacking us, instead of a mix of Horde and Night Elves? (That's intentional only for this mission though)
-Giant Wasps, really? And they take their time attacking us (Explain please..)
-The item for the optional quest is too far away. You should make it be dropped closer to the furbolg (That's intentional, for confusion)
-No ending cinematic? (That's intentional only for this mission though)

Level 29
-The icons on the Hunter Hall don't have fixed positions (That's intentional)

Are you sure? Because after I researched all the upgrades, the Defend Icon moved to the left, leaving a space between it and the Attack icon.

-Giant Wasps, really? And they take their time attacking us (Explain please..)

I approached them, to the point of my units standing beneath them, and they only attacked seconds later. In fact, some of them only attacked after I attacked them.

So in this mission Cenarius got corrupted, but no other night elf?

Are you sure? Because after I researched all the upgrades, the Defend Icon moved to the left, leaving a space between it and the Attack icon.

I approached them, to the point of my units standing beneath them, and they only attacked seconds later. In fact, some of them only attacked after I attacked them.

So in this mission Cenarius got corrupted, but no other night elf?

Ahh...fixed the upgrade issue, and the Bees seem to have a faulty model I'll try use another one.. the thing is that they're supposed to appear sleeping but their model attachments don't work so I'll remedy that.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hello everyone! I'm the terrainer that created the maps layouts for this campaign. If you have any feedback about the terrain/decorations themselves, please tell me. I would be happy to know what you guys think!
Map overviews would help.

-----------------------------
@Zenonoth seriously, that Jazz Jack Rabbit 2 beach soundtrack doesn't fit for the Warcraft setting.

Last edited:
Map overviews would help
No, i'm more of a close detail terrainer and the overal layouts are scripted and aren't that interesting.

I did make a really awesome map for upcomming for this campaign allready, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give any information about it allready. And it's the nicest piece of terrain and map that i've even made, altough, it did only cost me 5 actual hours to make...

Last edited:
Still looking for a female voice actress for 6 lines (10$).

Also need someone who's expert with modifying/creating enemy AIs.

Interlude will be posted shortly.

Jeez, you handing out money now? Must truly become a master project then.

I hope you'll find an expert soon, i've never even touched the AI tool in WE... and i dont think i'll ever will.

Interludes are allways a nice touch to campaigns. Nice to see you putting effort in them

~ * 3RD UPDATE [3/5/2018] * ~
--> [LISBOAH special update] <--
- Added one interlude
- Terrain and grammar mistakes are only present in BETA version it'll be fixed in finalized version

Hr1hsSH.jpg

M0jZNx1.jpg

- Please provide nitpicking reviews for me to improve, any feedback or support you give/provide will be greatly appreciated! +Rep and your name mentioned in credits/author list depending on your support.

Level 5
So, after I finished the last chapter and the interlude, I can't really complain about the gameplay. The first part of chapter two was quite interesting, it brought me to the edge of my seat. It was a challenge, but it was a nice one. I got quite scared when it came to Sylvanas, but since she couldn't do that much it was quite easy. I guess in the final version she will cast some spells. The items you could find where quite nice, and that optional quest with the honey really made it seem like World of Warcraft.

The story seems quite a little...weird, the Druid of the Claw knew of what happend but he didn't tell Malfurion, maybe he just got there? But that is quite impossible since the thing with the scout starts the second quest. Maybe have an archer or something run to their disscusion and tell Malfurion, I know it's a drag, but it seems to fit the story a little better than the Druid of the Claw having this knowledge out of the blue. Also...Malfurion while sad...he didn't seem that last, maybe you could make the ending a little longer? Depends on you.

And Thrall...either I am a bad player(which could quite possibly be true) or he is way underpowered. I get the Green Jesus thing, but he feels so weak in this mission. Maybe it was my fault for picking the Armour, but I think he needs a few changes to his abilities or stats. But that is just what I feel about. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Also, gratz for the legendary weapons, really gives you a motive to play it on hard, but with what I see out of Thrall...that might be harder than hard, or will it? Time will tell.

Level 29
~ * 3RD UPDATE [3/5/2018] * ~
--> [LISBOAH special update] <--
- Added one interlude
- Terrain and grammar mistakes are only present in BETA version it'll be fixed in finalized version

Hr1hsSH.jpg

M0jZNx1.jpg

Since this update is in my honor, I shall make the review :D

-Some grammar mistakes
-The conversations are too short and require more details and depth.
-Malfurion still has troops, so why is he saying that he is alone?
-Rexxar had hatred in his heart?
-You should name a future mission Kael 2: The Return of the Setback!:grin:
-So basically this campaign will be them going back in time and fix the future?

Thrall: I don't know about this Malfurion. Shouldn't we bring troops?
Malfurion: Troops? Where we are going, we don't need troops!

Level 29
Because of Tyrande?

He said that when he thought Tyrande died on Lordaeron during the Terror of the Tides campaign it wasn't the same because he had troops, but now he was alone. He had an entire base of troops during the mission.

Level 29
I did the terrain for all chapters except the 1st one and the interlude. If you have any feedback on the terrain/decorations/doodads, please let me know

The maps look good in terms of doodads and decoration. The only complain I might have is that they are very straightforward, all we have to do is walking forward and we end up in the destiny.

The maps look good in terms of doodads and decoration. The only complain I might have is that they are very straightforward, all we have to do is walking forward and we end up in the destiny.

I made the maps and decorated them, Zenonoth is the one that send me blue prints and made up their layouts... I wasn't allways too impressed by his map layout designs, but I am glad to help him out anyway...

And I do have to say that there are some epic maps comming up of which i did love the designs, stay tuned.

~ * 4TH UPDATE [3/7/2018] * ~
--> [
@PrinceYaser special update] <--
- New secondary playable hero: Azshara
- Secret legendary items are now obtainable on all difficulties and will be required to unlock bonus missions
- 3rd Mission now available for testing (Terrain and AI are incomplete, like usual..They'll be added in the finalized version)

KNOWN BUGS!

- The Naga UI will be bugged for those who have patch 1.26a+

Z15UjjA.jpg

FgiSx7T.jpg

- Design for next mission

BOSSFIGHT: ADMIRAL PROUDMOORE
"On their road to Tanaris, Thrall and Malfurion are ambushed by the ghost ship of the deceased leader of Theramore, Admiral Proudmoore"

THE SANDS OF TANARIS
"After successfully reaching Tanaris; Thrall and Malfurion have to fight their way through the corrupted Jaina and Lorth'emar's forces while also facing some Quiraji remnants. Their main goal is to reach the Caverns of Time before Hurmongreth's forces can breach into it"

UYoIGti.jpg

Last edited:
Level 29
--> [
- Secret legendary items are now obtainable on all difficulties and will be required to unlock bonus missions
- 3rd Mission now available for testing (Terrain and AI are incomplete, like usual..They'll be added in the finalized version)

KNOWN BUGS!

Z15UjjA.jpg

FgiSx7T.jpg

BOSSFIGHT: BARON LONGSHORE
"On their road to Tanaris, Thrall and Malfurion are ambushed by the ghost ship of the deceased leader of the Southsea Pirates; Baron Longshore."

THE SANDS OF TANARIS
"After successfully reaching Tanaris; Thrall and Malfurion have to fight their way through the corrupted Jaina and Lorth'emar's forces while also facing some Quiraji remnants. Their main goal is to reach the Caverns of Time before Hurmongreth's forces can breach into it"

UYoIGti.jpg

Where is the link to download?

Level 29

My review:

-Grammar Mistakes
-Funny fact. Nagas hate more the Horde than they hate Night Elves
-Azshara is enormous in the canon
-I think Malfurion means "quickly" and not "quietly"
-Malfurion is too quickly to trust Azshara.
-Azshara calling Malfurion old. Pot calling the kettle black
-Make the murloc slaves start harvesting resources after the cinematic ends without us ordering them
-Azshara being a Naga Sea Witch unnerves me. She should be a Naga Empress.
-Make her abilities more creative.
-Why are our enemies gnomes?
-When I click a Gnomish Ark, the gameplay (gamma) turns brighter but when I click other units it turns darker. Also, the Arks having portraits of humans is weird
-The gnomish ground units near to the shiphyards are useless. I suggest either air units or putting them closer to the shipyards.
-Why did you made a buff for the corruption?
-The conversation in the last cinematic is too short and emotionless

--> [

KNOWN BUGS!

Z15UjjA.jpg

FgiSx7T.jpg

BOSSFIGHT: ADMIRAL PROUDMOORE
"On their road to Tanaris, Thrall and Malfurion are ambushed by the ghost ship of the deceased leader of Theramore, Admiral Proudmoore"

THE SANDS OF TANARIS

UYoIGti.jpg

Great progress! Will check it out.

I saw the post of recruitment. Btw, I can help you out with the skins and maybe some simple GUI spells. :p

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The Naga UI will be bugged for those who have patch 1.26a+
That's not true. It work on 1.27 with the glitchy part (one on the right) being .tga instead of .blp.
HumanUITile01.BLP
HumanUITile04.BLP

Is that red naga hero Azshara? She does not look imposing, as a queen of the naga, I mean but more like a regular naga hero. Even Vashj looks more royal.

Is that red naga hero Azshara? She does not look imposing, as a queen of the naga, I mean but more like a regular naga hero. Even Vashj looks more royal.
It's not like Azshara is some kind of giant sea witch or something... She's a goddess, lore-wise.

An altered version of the Siren fits her well...

Level 29

I know, right?
She doesn't even wear royal decoration like a crown or golden themed clothing. She looks more like Vashj's servant than Vashj being her servant.

Here are some more fitting models, at least in my opinion
NagaEnchantress by @Tarrasque
warqueen by @Tarrasque (this could be her outfit for war)

Naga Royal Guard by @Tarrasque (since Queen Azshara is on the battlefield, her bodyguards followed her)

Last edited:
Level 29
Vashj is just a crude-cursed excample of a highborn. And when Azshara actually goes into combat, it wouldnt make any sense for her to be dressed in a golden/royal/goddess outfit

She is the Empress of Nazjatar, Queen of All Nagas, Fomer Queen of the Kaldorei... why wouldn't such narcissistic and megalomaniac queen not wear such extravagant outfits?

She is the Empress of Nazjatar, Queen of All Nagas, Fomer Queen of the Kaldorei... why wouldn't such narcissistic and megalomaniac queen not wear such extravagant outfits?
So, just because of this, she should have an outifit made from kilo's of gold, preventing her from being able to swim without sinking like a brick?

Yeah, makes sense

Level 29
Honestly speaking it's presumably Azshara but it's all we get from WcIII. In WoW she was dressed like a Greek-Roman woman (to some extent) similar to how Tyrande is post WcIII.

Indeed. Except she was born with yellow eyes, a supposed sign for future greatness.

So, just because of this, she should have an outifit made from kilo's of gold, preventing her from being able to swim without sinking like a brick?

Yeah, makes sense

The Naga Sea Witches wear gold and yet swim perfectly... The male nagas wear armor and yet swim fast.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69

Yeah, makes sense
It's not necessarily about gold... the armour can have anything on it even emeralds. Well, no one said the armour would be used underwater man...

yellow eyes, a supposed sign for future greatness
Wasn't that written about Illidan somewhere? Who cares.. destiny or not, it's what actually happens and not what a superstition says. Maybe, greatness regarding the dark side?

Okay, they might wear some ''gold'', if its even gold at all...

Might as well be Brass/bronze or battered silver, but whatever, they dont have forges underwater anyway.

Guess its all fictional anyway...

Might as well put a giant swimming golden golem out there instead, named Azshara, would make just as much sense.

Level 29
It's not necessarily about gold... the armour can have anything on it even emeralds. Well, no one said the armour would be used underwater man...

Exactly.

Wasn't that written about Illidan somewhere? Who cares.. destiny or not, it's what actually happens and not what a superstition says. Maybe, greatness regarding the dark side?

Greatness to good or evil... And considering the amount of stuff Azshara did, she was clearly destined to do great evil things.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Might as well be Brass/bronze or battered silver, but whatever, they dont have forges underwater anyway.
How do you know that? Maybe they do. This is a fantasy setting. Maybe they have rooms without water or maybe they use a special type of heated liquid to forge weapons...
As if Naga would venture out to vulcanic areas just to be clothed fancy
Man, too many pseudoscientific assumptions. This is Warcraft, not even StarCraft which is considered a space opera and not science-fiction.

But this could be it too based on the WoW aspect:
azshara_s_appearance_during_the_cataclysm_by_vaanel-d6ug1az.jpg

Man, too many pseudoscientific assumptions. This is Warcraft, not even StarCraft which is considered a space opera and not science-fiction.
All im tryna say is that the Azshara model is fine as it is

At least it isnt a swimming, solid-golden golem with prizeless jewels socketed into it

Level 5
I just finished the last mission right now. Well...how should I say it?

Azshara has an annoying voice at first, but after some time you get used to it.
The voice that announces that the shipyards have been destroyed sounds so much like Warcraft 2, it felt a little out of place, but nice in the same time.
In this mission I had the realisation that Malfurionțs voice seems kind of slow.
The Naga Royal Guard(which is not a unit that you can build but I'll just call it that) is pretty weak against the ships. I felt that the gnomes where stronger than my 2/2 Nagas, but it might just be because I'm a bad player.
The terrain seems kind of lazy, I get that it's a vast space of water with a few islands here and there, and hell from four islands only two are alike, but I feel like there is so much space that could be filled. Maybe I just don't like islands and water type maps, in general.
The model for Azshara looks nice, but I don't think it fits the Queen of the Naga, then again the Naga Witch wouldn't fit it either. Maybe it's the fact that you expect the Queen of the Naga to be different than her followers.
The units are kind of few in numbers. I understand that the Void Creature corrupted her minions, but a Murloc-like looking creature whos only role is to work can't be corrupted but a Snap Dragon can? If anything the workers should have been the first corrupted? I'm gonna take it that if we had access to the full Naga arsenal of creatures then the missions would have been easier.

I saw that there might have been an island to the East that I didn't get to explore, maybe I'll do some tresure hunting for the legendaries there.

Level 29
The terrain seems kind of lazy, I get that it's a vast space of water with a few islands here and there, and hell from four islands only two are alike, but I feel like there is so much space that could be filled. Maybe I just don't like islands and water type maps, in general.

I agree, the map could have more islands since 70% is water.

And again, why are our foes only gnomes? Will we face only one race per mission?
Chapter One - Night Elves
Chapter Two - Forsaken
Chapter Three - Gnomes

The model for Azshara looks nice, but I don't think it fits the Queen of the Naga, then again the Naga Witch wouldn't fit it either. Maybe it's the fact that you expect the Queen of the Naga to be different than her followers.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Well, I made that from a reference that Zenonoth gave me.

Azshara has many variations, custom models, custom skins for Blizz models. Can't really tell what we want Azshara to be. She doesn't need to be covered in pure gold just because she is the master of Naga. She was corrtpted by The Dark Titan, so I think royal armor won't fit her anymore. However, I can make it like pure gold/royal if Zenonoth wants.