1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Basic Animation Transfers

Discussion in '3D Modeling Tutorials' started by Xarwin, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Shadeus

Shadeus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey! that Oinker thingy doesnt work to download! :cry:

2. FirstLegacy

FirstLegacy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    wow this tutorials is really useful!!!THNKZ!!!!!

3. unclenig

unclenig

Resources:
    Resources:
    I transferred a single animation, and it showed perfectly on Magos. But it(the transferring anim) doesn't show up on WE or in game. Help please?

4. novasmage

novasmage

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yay !! lol it worked ive been tryin to figure how to do this so long.....thanks alot for this tutorial!!!:grin:

5. Cicija16

Cicija16

Resources:
    Resources:
    When i opened this 2 combined,whitch i combined with animation transfer program,it only opened priest and i tryed to open model editor,then windows,animation controler,untaimed there just writed attack1,attack2 and that shits no sing of other animation why?????

6. Cicija16

Cicija16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh i get it now lol=Djust adds to footman spell attack,or opposite adds to priest lets say defend walk lol

7. zikko

zikko

Resources:
    Resources:
    if the animation looks fucked up in model editor, does that mean I have to find other animation? I was thinking of changing footman attack animation to paladin

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Instead of transferring a single anim, couldn't you transfer all of them and delete them? (then again, the AnimRemover tool never worked right for me...)

9. zikko

zikko

Resources:
    Resources:
    a late post here :) so I'm on another project and I would want to make a priest model into wielding a 2handed sword animation, when Im done with the transfer (Arthas wielding frostmourne) the priest just looks like hes having somekinda stroke when he attacks. :S

10. lord_Turin

lord_Turin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    for removing anims cant you just open with textpad and remove the anims that are listed there? or does that leave code which just takes up space but isnt used in the model?

just wondering..

11. Twisted_Firestarter

Twisted_Firestarter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does it work somehow with wow models? 'Cause if it does I haven't figured it out yet. Anyway, if it doesn't work, do you know a tool or a method of transfering animations between wow characters? Please help!

12. demon.spider

demon.spider

Resources:
    Resources:
    help please. i added one new animation to a unit (both custom units) but when i open the model with the transfered animation in magos world editor, to check out the new animation, the model with the new animation does nothing...it takes the 'unanimated' stance....

13. pkw

pkw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps the model does not have the similiar bones with the other model.

The tool basicly uses the same model bones to transfer animations. You could rename the bone thou.

14. Boogie666

Boogie666

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice tut man... I tried tranfering the blademaster's anim to a viliger male. it look good in model editor but when I import it to world editor and run the map it crashes wc3. any ideea why? i did everythig just like in the tutorial

15. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Can't seem to get the animation transfer program to work, nor animation remover, it says there is an error reading some file or something. I'm using 64 bit Vista, but tried to run it in compatability mode.

16. Leazy

Leazy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds cool, could I get a tauren chieftain to play a good bladestorm animation with this?

17. Teaspoon

Teaspoon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey I got a problem with this, I tried to give blademaster attack anim to a unit with paladin attack anim but when I press Transfer a message pops up saying that the file is already open.

18. machris13

machris13

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, it works for me...i got no errors received but a sorceress with a bandit animation is.....(--,)

19. Bommelding

Bommelding

Resources:
    Resources:
    when i try to open that converter it says it can't find GAME.DLL

20. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    So when youre done can you just import the mdl model into your map then ? Cuz it doesn't work for me.

Edit it works now.

But i have another thing. My animation transferer is black when you should write path for single animation. I can't see what im writing. But when i select the text i can see what im writing and even if im writing correct it doesn't work. it only stands Error wrong path.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010