Basic Animation Transfers

Level 4
I gave an grunt all the animations of our famous 255 animation villager

In the model editor everything looks nice, it works ... but when i start the game, i get a fatal error ... now i spend many hours to find the problem, by removing useless geosets, geosets animation and materials ... but nothing works ...

Any ideas?

I gave an grunt all the animations of our famous 255 animation villager

In the model editor everything looks nice, it works ... but when i start the game, i get a fatal error ... now i spend many hours to find the problem, by removing useless geosets, geosets animation and materials ... but nothing works ...

Any ideas?

Start off by transferring just one animation and see if it works in-game. Keep adding more and testing every now and then until it causes a fatal error. Then you should post in the modeling & animation forum with that information and perhaps someone will be able to help you.

In this section: Add a new animation to a model:
I cannot add animations! When I transfered a single animation, I was faced with this error:
Untitled.jpg
What must I do?? Please help me!!

Level 8
i get this error :( my model is from a different game though, it showed up in the model editor perfectly when it was mdx, after converting to mdl and transferring animations, it doesn't open it, just gives this error :(

EDIT: never mind, it was a dud sequence, got rid of it, works fine now :)

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 3,410
Last edited:
Level 3
MDLX Converter
Or use War3 Model Editor , open the model and then save its extension as .mdx
sorry I found solution with mdlx converter

edit:

Attention! A new step here,
Select the "Transfer single animation" and fill in the Animation to transfer field with your chosen animation name. In this case, it would be
Spell - Channel.

doesnt work. In animation to transfer appears like black and not appears options

Warcraft 3 Model Editor is useful to view your model!
Double click on your file, and open it with the Warcraft 3 Model editor or simply load it into the program.
You might see your model in it, then press:
1) Windows
2) Animation Controller
A window pops up with some options.
Select the arrow (to the right of Unanimated) and pick the animation that you would like to see on your model!

Name animation appears but not work, and then in game appears with black wall behind and not work

Last edited:
Level 7
Dude, that converter doesn't work once you get an error from anim transfer. I clicked it to see if its something new. Guess what it's the converter that I've been using and it would say fine but once you load it to magos be it .mdx or .mdl its dead.