• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

MDLX Converter

Converts between MDX and MDL files.

- Click "Convert" and choose one or more files to convert.
- Click "Repeat" to do the last batch over again. This
is useful if you had an error in your MDL and just went
back to fix it.
- You can also click and drag files onto the program
from Explorer or open MDL/X files with it. This makes
converting a file as easy as going into the right click
menu in Explorer.
Contents

MDL MDX Converter (Binary)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 5th of November, 2007 Approval status: Approved Rating: (4.5) Excellent! Main points: [x] The tool is stable and performs flawlessly.

M

» Wolverabid «
Date: 5th of November, 2007
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (4.5) Excellent!

Main points:
[x] The tool is stable and performs flawlessly.

Level 2
Is it me or this program is retarded when i press convert i choose the file all it says it converted:dranai.mdl it didnt convert it. it kept it as the same file then i tried and mdx file its the same shit wtf!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Yes it converts MDX to MDL but my WE wont load the MDl file and i cant use the model :/ any1 want to help me? if this is a dumb question im sry im pretty new to computers in general

Yes it converts MDX to MDL but my WE wont load the MDl file and i cant use the model :/ any1 want to help me? if this is a dumb question im sry im pretty new to computers in general

Biggest post fail ever. The WE uses MDX files, not MDL. MDL are best used with Notepad and Oinkerwinkle's tools to edit, and must be converted to mdl to be used.

Last edited:
Level 21
seems that somebody have removed the download link. can someone please upload it again. this tool is important to me because i need it to use the models i download from this website. update: it is back. the point with this program is that most of the models uploaded here is mdx while the world editor require the models to be in mdl format. though it might have worked with mdx files earlier.

Last edited:
Level 5
I have a question... I can convert de Half-life model files with this tool? Just asking... Because a friend of mine made some freak'in models to my Half-Life, I asked to him, he doesn't like WC3... Then I want to use that models in WC3... With his permition ofcourse...

While converting with this tool, I had some BoundsRadius/Light Intensity type values "lose" information by becoming values in millions and billions instead of like 10 or 100.
Other than that, this tool is great. Does anybody know what it is about this tool that causes that problem, or if it might be able to be fixed? I've gone back to YobGuls for the past while, because I like to operate at a level where my final product is free of errors like indefinite supplies of light (YobGul's uses wc3 dlls so I assume that it is functionally the most true and accurate converter?).

So... all that stuff about light values not working when you use this program...

A guy here (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=91130) claims to have just up and fixed it, and the original creator of this converter just never adopted the fixed version (1.04) as his own, I guess.

So, if you want to fix your omni light problems, download the fixed version from the link above.

Reactions: pyf

pyf

pyf

Level 32
So... all that stuff about light values not working when you use this program...

A guy here (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=91130) claims to have just up and fixed it, and the original creator of this converter just never adopted the fixed version (1.04) as his own, I guess.

So, if you want to fix your omni light problems, download the fixed version from the link above.

Sorry for necrobumping

For easier access to ProFeT's unofficial 1.04 fixed version (with sources), please click here.

Retera's link leads to the top of the thread, which might be confusing / annoying.

Level 6
I do not know all the tools well enough; sounds like you have some experience with this, so you're probably correct. I am just learning myself how to use some of the tools, and I brought up the vertex modifying program because I read a tutorial that recommended the program "vertexmodify", which has been outdated now for several years, and the thread for that one looks dead. Glad to know there are workarounds.

I rewrote the exact likeness of vertex modify, but I named it Matrix Eater and made it for newer computers.

Later I used the same codebase to write Retera Model Studio. That's why I asked. I was making fun. I've got a vertex modifier that not only works, but it works on Reforged night elf models specifically. That one is called Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack.