• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unkonwn Chunk: converting from mld to mdx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm using mdlx converter to convert my mld model to mdx but it gives me the error "unknown chunk at 1292" Anyone know how to correct this?

-edit I figured out that problem but now wc3 is not recognizing the animations.

Attachments

• archway3.mdx
    12.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 4
Just go to 1292 and find The Chunk.

truffleshuffle.jpg

Level 5
I used Gmax to animate it and exported it with the Dex script. I changed the animation frames from 30 to 90 and I used 0-29 as death 30-60 as decay and 63-90 as stand. The death is a rotate from 90 to 0 and the decay is a Z movement from 0 to -50~. This was my third attempt after receiving Errors trying to convert them back to mdx the first 2 times (expected end }) on several lines of code that led me in a never ending circle ;(. It's a cut and paste from the listener into a notepad file, saved as an mld.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'll try it

-edit I keep getting an error when telling the neodex tool to do anything "Unable to convert undefined to type: integer" :( man I can't do anything right

-edit2 I reinstalled the whole thing and it works now... now to try editing the model again

-edit3 I have no idea how to translate my animation frames into neodex for the export.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.