• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with Animation Transfer.

I download Oinkerwrinkle's Animation Transferer, and two different .mdx<>.mdl converters.

I have two models with EXACTLY THE SAME BONES. Their meshes are also similar, based off the same template model (a humanoid figure). The difference between the meshes is minimal, and there is no difference between bones.

So, I converted .mdl to .mdx, filled out correct forms in Anim. Transfer and clicked 'Transfer'. There were no errors whatsoever. only a 'Done' message. Then, I converted .mdx back to .mdl.

All animation names were succesfully transfered.
Not a single keyframe was transfered. No translation, rotation, nor scaling changes whatsoever.

Any thoughts?

I tried converting with MdlxConv.exe and War3FileConverter.exe, and using Magos'[b/] and Warcraft 3 Viewer to open the models afterwards.
It seems that Geoset Animations (Alpha in particular) were transfered succesfully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.