• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Animation Duplicate Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I simply wanted to give Forgotten One Tentacle a Burrowed form, so I wanted to duplicate some animation:
Birth => Morph
Death => Morph Alternate
Death => Stand Alternate

I tried manually copying the animation with Magos's Model Editor, but the new animations only works in the Model Editor preview and doesn't work in WE or in game.

I tried Oinkerwinkle's Animation Transfer but it removes all animations when I transfer all, and corrupts the model when I transfer one.

I tried MatrixEater, but the Transfer, Done and Advanced buttons do nothing.

I tried with both original MDX and converted MDL.

I tried.

I spent 2 hours trying and reading "tutorial", nothing worked. So I gave up and hoped someone could do that for me please.

Also I attached the original MDX ripped from WC3 for your convenience.

----
EDIT: Never mind, I managed to do it. Please close this thread.

Attachments

• ForgottenOneTent.mdx
    23.4 KB · Views: 36
  • ForgottenOneTentEnd.mdx
    29.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 21
I tried manually copying the animation with Magos's Model Editor, but the new animations only works in the Model Editor preview and doesn't work in WE or in game.
I see that you managed to do it, but in case you run into this problem again you should know that it is often caused by incorrect internal order of animations; when that happens, you need to convert the model to MDL; open it in Notepad; find the list of sequences (near the beginning of the file) and arrange them according to their keyframes in ascending order; for example an animation that has an interval from 300 to 1300 should come before an animation that has an interval from 2900 to 4233; then just save the file and convert it back to MDX.
I tried MatrixEater, but the Transfer, Done and Advanced buttons do nothing.
I think duplicating animations with Matrix Eater is the easiest way, but if it doesn't work for you maybe you could try using one of the previous versions, which can be found in this thread.

Level 4
Thanks for the tips. That explains a lot of the strange things I got while manually editing animation.

I think duplicating animations with Matrix Eater is the easiest way, but if it doesn't work for you maybe you could try using one of the previous versions, which can be found in this thread.
The older version is the one didn't work. The newer version worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.