• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Audio Section

Do you think we should have music/sound section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Well, thast pretty much goes back to just getting a mircrophone and hitting record. Unless you have a really talented voice actor, it could easily be flooded with no-so-good stuff. If anything, you should have a section/forum for voice acting where poeple can be requested to say certain things and have them posted in that forum.
-VGsatomi

I think it could be nice if somebody creates a new resource for sounds because everybody needs sounds for maps like doublekill or rampage

What's the point in hosting music/sound files here, when you can find them at a 1000 other places? (Except custom soundsets and other very closely related to warcraft III)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Well, thast pretty much goes back to just getting a mircrophone and hitting record. Unless you have a really talented voice actor, it could easily be flooded with no-so-good stuff. If anything, you should have a section/forum for voice acting where poeple can be requested to say certain things and have them posted in that forum.
-VGsatomi
You are right. The section will of course be moderated (that will be a funny task) but there might not be many good actors.
And importing from other games is ofcourse also illegal.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
And when will we know when the sounds are or not from other games? Unless we have moderators who play every kind of game. Still, we'll never get one who plays EVERY game. That kind of sounds should be requested in a proper forum. I know we won't have just 1 moderator, but still, I doubt we can cover all the games.

Level 32
Eh ... i have 2 questions about it ...
1 - Are people supposed to put they're lyrics into this section?
2- Is there a moderator for the section?
  1. Song lyrics should be posted in the Story / Writing Art forum. NOTE: Users that post lyrics/poetry/anything else that they did not personally create/write are expected to give full credit (including a source URL, if available) for material that is another person's intellectual properly or is copyrighted.
  2. At present those forums are unmoderated (save by our administrators). This irregularity will soon be corrected.

I sound/music art suitable also for custom homemade soundsets?
At the present time that's the best place for such resources. In the past Ralle has proposed an entirely separate section:
I am gonna make a SOUNDSET section.. for people to create their own soundsets..

Level 19
We Urgently Need a Sound Resource Section!

If you would, Ralle, make a sound resource section, Operation VOICE could go live, and all of me and my team's soundsets and sound effects could go on the site. We could have a pull to decide who the sound resource moderator would be, but I'm putting my name out there in case you decide to give me that position.

Level 32
I am gonna make a SOUNDSET section.. for people to create their own soundsets.
  1. The inclusion of a soundset resource section has long been proposed and is still under consideration.

2. If implemented, the section will be added in the forum proper: Ralle wants to eventually move all resources submissions to the forum itself.

3. Exactly what sounds and which formats will be allowed has yet to be determined.

4. Likewise, the moderation and moderators of such a forum will be decided by the Administration.

5. To keep the sound resource discussion in a single thread, this one is to be merged.

~ Thread merged.

Level 36
Well, if we had a soundset section (Which I think is a good idea) then I guess I'll be moderator, since I kind of moderate the forum that they'll be placed in...

Anyway, I don't think there will be much use. We don't have very many voice actors at all...

Think about it. 99% of the sounds in maps are not original, they're always taken from some other media, be it another game, a song, a tv show, whathaveyou, hardly anyone makes original sounds anymore. I don't know many maps at all that have original sounds.

But, I suppose if there is enough demand, it might create some sort of activity in the Sounds forum... and any activity is good activity >.>

Level 7
r u sure i cant be a mod a have a spunky personality and anger that rivals Mecheon's (which almost got me banned by Wulf [sry Wulf])

Level 32
Sounds may be included by:
  • Physically attach (.zip or .rar archive) sound files to a post using the [attach] [/attach] tags.
or

• Link to sounds hosted elsewhere on the internet using the [SOUND] [/SOUND] tags.

Note: Sound files that violate copyrights or force web browsers to auto-play them will be removed.

Level 32
  1. The inclusion of a soundset resource section has long been proposed and is still under consideration.

2. If implemented, the section will be added in the forum proper: Ralle wants to eventually move all resources submissions to the forum itself.

3. Exactly what sounds and which formats will be allowed has yet to be determined.

4. Likewise, the moderation and moderators of such a forum will be decided by the Administration.

5. To keep the sound resource discussion in a single thread, this one is to be merged.

~ Thread merged.
No action yet. The soundset resource section has yet to be implememted. After the new resource sections are up and running, it's hoped that soundsets will be included.

~ Thread merged.

Level 9
Sound Resource Section

Hey Hive Workshop,
I've been thinking that the Hive Workshop needs a sound resource section. I think it would be very useful. What do you guys think?

Level 32
I may make one in the future but I do not know.
Asked so many times before I have lost count.

~ Thread merged.
No action yet. The soundset resource section has yet to be implememted. After the new resource sections are up and running, it's hoped that soundsets will be included.

~ Thread merged.
~ Thread merged.

Level 36
And my compression tutorial yields the best quality with the best results. Plus I have screens and it shows you exactly how to get it working in the map, so I would say your self-advertisement is fail there kaitech.

Anyway, this will never happen. Why? Legality. We can't upload sounds unless we make them ourselves, and we don't have enough sound creators/musicians/what-have-you to make it worth while, and I would spend day after day ignoring Quake sounds, etc, or checking the legality. Basically it would be one big crapshoot, and a giant waste of time for everyone involved.

Level 36
No u fail!

And just because yours is the shortest doesn't mean its the easiest? Where the hell did you get that impression?

COMPRESSING SOUND AND AUDIO FILES BY BRAD.DUDE03
Compress your sound lololololol
import your sound lolololol

Well, that was smaller than yours so it MUST be easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.