• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skins Section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Darky or somebody... why not somehow make it so skins section is like icons or models section? cause i cant get skins to work cause i dont know my paths for my skins. So i need someone to make paths for the stuff... like the models they give green text for the paths. I am sorta thinking posting my skin in models section for a few minutes to try to get paths. That would be smart. But i think i would need a model also.... :shock: But Whatever. Can i post my skin in models section for a while to get my paths? so i can get my skin to work?

Level 4
if ur so desperate to get a path, then export the .mdx file, then open it in wordpad (yes, in mdx form, not mdl) and on the first few lines should b a list of paths, if u cant c them, just search for ".blp" and it will locate them 4 u

Level 6
Ugh its NOT a model! its a skin! not model! what im doing is a skin! but i will do that, or try at least. Somehow... Ok i tryed but i cant find it, its all weird letters and stuff can you please do it? ill do anything if you do.

Level 22
Do you hae war3viewer? You can download it at this site. You can find paths there, too. Just click on the .blp tabe and it will bring up the units. Just find the unit in one of those folders that the skin is for. Each folder is a piece of the file path name. For example, a Jaina skin wouold be unis\human\jaina\jaina.blp
Keep in mind that some units are under the textures folder, mianly creeps and such.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.