• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Audio Section

Do you think we should have music/sound section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
New Section Needed!!

We need a Sounds Section, you have everything else thats great, but your missing Sounds Section... please make a Sounds Section, Sounds Section i think would be Music or Sounds or something from warcraft, but w/e, please do it.

Level 25
There would have already been a sounds section if it weren't for the numerous legal issues surrounding its creation

So no sounds section cause Darky doesn't want to get sued... His IP is probably gonna crash after RotD is released (He might have mentioned that he only has to finish 2 more maps and its released <_<)

Level 4
Why there isnt going to be a sound section

Ive noticed that a frequent question is "Is there going to be a sound section?". The answer is no. The reason for that is, lets say someone uploads a clip by eminem, well then the record companies could come after darky, and he doesnt want legal issues, so it will no be happening.

Level 21
Re: Why there isnt going to be a sound section

master kohaku said:
Ive noticed that a frequent question is "Is there going to be a sound section?". The answer is no. The reason for that is, lets say someone uploads a clip by eminem, well then the record companies could come after darky, and he doesnt want legal issues, so it will no be happening.

Sound isn't music. Sound is an small effect of environmental of physical sound energy given out. Music is long and has points - to entertainment and relaxation for people. There could be a chance sound section to be up but sounds take up alot of space...

Level 5
Sounds Section

What do you guys think of a Sounds Section. You know, something to submit unit soundsets, music, sound effects, etc. Sure there would have to be rules enforced but I think it would help the campain creators by far. Actually for any mapmaker out there. Please Lord Darky hear my call!

Level 5
I don't want to be inpolite, but this is at least the 999th topic requesting that sound section.

There are several things why not to make such a section like: if some1 submits a music or a part of a music what is copyrighted and so on.

Search for sound section topic (you'll find a lot unless they are deleted), and you can get more information about this.

Level 5
Ya, I guess bothering to look and see if anyone posted this would be a good idea, eagh? Well about the copyright laws-thats what mods are for. In fact in the rules there would probably be a "banned for submiting copyrighted material" kind of rule. You wern't being rude either, I can understand your point clearly.

Level 13
HEY dont dis Nickleback!!! i love nickleback!!
and im sure youll say "Oh i guess you like Linkin Park too huh?" and ill say of course.

But thats off topic, so dont bother going in depth =)

Level 21
Theres 100% no need for a sound section.
I'll tell you why.

1. Maps using same custom sounds will get rid of its uniqueness and just waste the site's space.

2. They consume alot of space

3. You should get your own sounds. They are unnecessary at some cases and are just not needed.

4. Copyright problems.

Btw, don't post mindlessly, do a search next time in the forums. This request has been asked for dozens of times.
So, end of story.

Level 1
A part of music

Hello , I use Wc3sear since a longtime,and I have a ideas : build a part of music for maps of WC3! Music from other RPG (Baldur's Gate,Sacred,Neverwinter Night...) if it's possible! Don't you agree ?

Level 25
Yes, people can do that. And we don't give a stuff what they do honestly

But we're NOT having music on the site. I can think of at least twelve better ways to get the site shot down by various "ZOMG ILEEEEEEGAL" associations, and we're doing a few of them right now, such as the WoW models

But having music would be FAR more of a worse thing

Level 3
Sound !!

Hello all ! i want to know if we can download sound or do you know a web where we download sound ( FOR UNITS !!!!! )

Level 4
Asking questions that have CLEARLY been answered ("clearly" as in the answer was already posted as a sticky) are almost as bad as posting a request in the models forum. Next time, try to think about the question before asking it and see if it has already been answered to avoid being n00bshot (like a headshot, but much worse) to the head. Okay? :)

Level 3
Sounds?! Look no further.

Well the fact that there isn't any sound to this site is a problem. as some of you may have guessed (Wulf, Brown snow) I don't specialize in icons.
My department is sound warping & recording -no copyrights are associated in ehat I send over the internet. there are sound bytes all over net so its just as well I send them to you than u search. I also record sound and mess with it. demons is a specialty :twisted: .
here are some sounds I have now:

Level 3
cont.

Darth Vader
Jack O'Niel (Free d/l off of fan site *FDL*)
Samantha Carter *FDL*
Tielc *FDL*
Dr. Jackson *FDL*

so far thatz all on THIS computer...

it will be awhile till custom sounds become available. The above poll will tell me what i need done first.

Level 2
Sounds Resource Section

I think it could be nice if somebody creates a new resource for sounds because everybody needs sounds for maps like doublekill or rampage

Status
Not open for further replies.