• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

skin section looking nooby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
theres recently been ALOT of stealing,cell shading attempts,cnping and all that crap.
the skin section might need another moderator...
when darky gets back please ask if he can make a skin section mod.
sansui keeps its pretty clean but its allways good to have more.
the best bet for a good mod would be afronight76

Level 2
see, i have never tried skinning myself, but there has not been a director's choice in a long time.

The section needs quality skinners like erwtenpeller, afronight_76 to create some great skins to revive the section. Oh yea, and pins... i wonder what happened to him/her.

Level 22
Want a new skin mod so he can do what? A new mod will clean out the archive of all non-high quality skins? The current mods have that level of common sense to judge good from bad, but the fact is we CANT go around deleting everything based on quality unless its rule-violating (which are lax enouph as they are). If we could, the archive would be much smaller then it is now. To my knowledge, there isnt anything rule-violating in the skins section right now. Those have been kept trimmed out through the efforts of Sansui and myself. If there is any, use the delete request function so it can be reviewed.
-VGsatomi

actually, i've seen many rule-violating skins that needed to be deleted centuries ago. it's not that sansui isnt doing his job, it's that more people need to be on the watch. sansui could miss some skins that have been submitted while being inavtive for a few days or so. but i think what we really need to do is to make the rules for the skin section have higher expectations. the main reason for needing more skin mods is because most of them are inactive.
PS. i'd rather have 100 good quality skins than 10000 crappy ones, but i'd still just delete skins by the rules if i had the chance.

Level 22
Any conversation that has significant sway that decides who will become a mod goes on in the staff forum. Not here. Vex is right, whatever happens, it is on hold till Darky gets back.

But let me remind you...this is not directed toward any specific individual, just a generalization...just becuase someone is good at mapping/modding/skinning does not mean they would make a good moderator...keep that in mind before you spew out names.
-VGsatomi

Level 7
Vexorian said:
Vexorian said:
I don't see why you people bother, Darky is completelly inactive and no change on the moderationship of sections will happen till he comes back to life.

Read this again, Oz02 can't make mods for resource sections, only for forums.

Did anyone ever said that Oz02 could make mods for resource sections? nope, no one did. you should read
those posts more carefully
(yes, Im aware of that you're some sort of mod)

and you guys still thinkin' Darky will ever come back?
...my lack of faith is disturping me

Level 12
Teppana said:
Did anyone ever said that Oz02 could make mods for resource sections? nope, no one did. you should read
those posts more carefully
(yes, Im aware of that you're some sort of mod)

and you guys still thinkin' Darky will ever come back?
...my lack of faith is disturping me

mecheon said:
Oz02 can deal with adding mods and stuff

maybe you should read these posts more carefully

Level 6
VGsatomi said:
Want a new skin mod so he can do what? A new mod will clean out the archive of all non-high quality skins? The current mods have that level of common sense to judge good from bad, but the fact is we CANT go around deleting everything based on quality unless its rule-violating (which are lax enouph as they are). If we could, the archive would be much smaller then it is now. To my knowledge, there isnt anything rule-violating in the skins section right now. Those have been kept trimmed out through the efforts of Sansui and myself. If there is any, use the delete request function so it can be reviewed.
-VGsatomi

The delete request function is useless...
I recall Sansui saying it doesn't appear unless 4 or more people click on it...
If that fact is not true...you are ignoring our requests...
And having an entirely smaller archive is very helpful....and it's not like 9/10 of the skins section are all paint junk...and we would cry of death if we lose all of them. Anyways, it's better to have a smaller archive of quality skins than let it be dumped on by insignificant garbage...
No, VGsatomi, this skins section will be far larger than WC3warehouse.com even if half of its junk is deleted... We have over hundreds of skins, and compare that to the site you're thinking it may become.

Level 4
its useless keep discussing that, as already said, it only will be worth and able to when Darky comes back

the skin section has having a lot of craps? yes

the skin section is full of junks, steals and all crappy and desonest stuff? yes

but until then we can just keep sending delete requests (even if they do not seen to work) and as for the mods part, i think they should pay a keen watch in this section (not they havent doing this, but do this with more intensity and frequence), because delete requests wont solve it alone

making a new skin mod wont help in anyways

basically its each one doing ur part, helping ppl who dont know to skin, telling them to dont submit steals, non-shaded.... This is a community after all, so we must all work together, although there is not much we can do right now without Darky, thats my point of view

oh sry i double posted without wanting, but i already deleted it, so plz dont worry

Status
Not open for further replies.