• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment Modelling Contest [Approved for next modeling mini]

Is this submission a good idea.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
It would have been nice of we were allowed to make some of them use the same attachement points, as a belt, twin shoulderpads and a chestpiece would all use the chest attachement point.

That seems to defeat the purpose though. In terms of a competition, trying to make the most creative model possible is the idea rather than lots of little ones. For the resource archive it would make sense to upload them separately for public use, but for competition time impressing the judges is the goal, and no one will be impressed with a bunch of small parts that could combine into one.

Oh yeah and you can just go ahead and add me to the contestants list please, i'm getting pretty pumped.

Level 13
10 is enough for a sword... and you need at least 100 for a helmet

i think it is dumb to specify that every attachement should be for a different point, the use of attachements is that they can be swaped. a shield pack or a sword pack or a helmet pack should be as fine as an armour set... besides there arent that many attachement points so it would be really limiting

i'd say 3 to 10 attachements with a combined limit of triangles at 700

10 is enough for a sword... and you need at least 100 for a helmet

i think it is dumb to specify that every attachement should be for a different point, the use of attachements is that they can be swaped. a shield pack or a sword pack or a helmet pack should be as fine as an armour set... besides there arent that many attachement points so it would be really limiting

i'd say 3 to 10 attachements with a combined limit of triangles at 700

but attachment sets are matching :) and go together :D

Level 13
Hey maybe I could join, just made an attachment that I think is pretty good, I'll do it for the fun and practice. Maybe I even have a chance to be second last :p Oh and was it only in-game textures? If so then I'm definately in.
Edit: A suggestion for one of the themes would be Gladiator style, I got some pretty nice ideas for that.

Last edited:
Level 15
ah ok ill add you to the list :D
im not gonna make it ingame textures only since i want to see the best attachments around but im sure most ppl will only use ingame-textures.\
the themese will be up to you as long as they match the unit you are making the attachments for.
so lets say for a grunt: you want to replace the axe with something else. replace the helm. add some chest armor. and maybe make him have a tattered cape or such. but make sure that all the attachments are of the same theme and go on the same unit.
what i was thinking with the units would be allow any wc3 original unit. but you can also edit out weapons and such from the original model AS LONG AS you dont edit the actual organic parts of the unit.

Level 13
ah ok ill add you to the list :D
im not gonna make it ingame textures only since i want to see the best attachments around but im sure most ppl will only use ingame-textures.\
the themese will be up to you as long as they match the unit you are making the attachments for.
so lets say for a grunt: you want to replace the axe with something else. replace the helm. add some chest armor. and maybe make him have a tattered cape or such. but make sure that all the attachments are of the same theme and go on the same unit.
what i was thinking with the units would be allow any wc3 original unit. but you can also edit out weapons and such from the original model AS LONG AS you dont edit the actual organic parts of the unit.

Phew! thank god for that!
Edit: do the chosen units animations have to fit for the attachments?

Level 13
After all it's an attachment contest and I think that the animations don't have to match at all. Oh and I vote for only in-game textures, I agree with chilla; otherwise it'll be a bit of a texturing contest.
Oh and for filesize and such I'd like 1000polies maximum total, and 10kb per attachment maximum

Status
Not open for further replies.