• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ardent Heroes - ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm still around just currently ridiculously busy until the 22nd of December, hang in there guys, I'm almost back.

Level 25
I totally meant to post this on Thanksgiving, but got very sick and it just slipped my mind until now!

Two WIP screenshots of the Forgotten Temple dungeon which can be entered in the Ugari Jungle. The first one is a picture of the entrance, the other is an overview the entire dungeon area. It's far from done, but a early development layout has been setup. Some of the layout is subject to change, but I'll update you guys if it does. :wink:

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• ForgottenTemple 3.png
    ForgottenTemple 3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 160
  • ForgottenTemple 4.png
    ForgottenTemple 4.png
    645.9 KB · Views: 140
Level 7
Got to say your terraining skills look much improved since I last saw the terrain of the map. :thumbs_up:

And I am glad to see the project is not dead and you are still making progress.

Level 8
But we do have one problem now, we are out a coder, and we are in search for a new Vjass coder, if you know of anyone who is interested in helping or are someone interested in helping please contact me.

Level 6
Lol why skyrim si so incomplete?
P.S: I've haven't played Skyrim yet, but every body say is the best game ever ... so ... why you tell us this?

Level 1
Because Skyrim's repetitiveness gets the best of a lot of people. I got bored with it a couple of weeks after purchasing it.

Level 25
I can literally write an entire two or more paged review about why Skyrim sucks balls and how it was so over-hyped, but I'll save that for another day. ;)

Mainly what I need coded is core gameplay stuff for the RPG. Our current coder PurgeandFire went MIA so we need a replacement coder. After the core gameplay content is coded, we'll go more into stuff like specific items, quests, and class selection (or even character creation?)

Level 25
I still occassionally work on the terrain for this mod. Most recently, I've been working on a higher level dungeon --- still much to go with it. Mainly all I have to do with Millbrow (starter zone) is redo all the pathing with line of sight blockers and place some more shadows. After that, it's pretty much done enough!

As for systems or whatever needed coded, anything will do. If you want to take a look at the map to see if you can offer any help to it, let me know. :wink:

Level 8
I WAS going to go ahead and report that this game is dead and that I would be releasing many of the ideas etc... for others to use as they please. As I couldn't get a hold of the team, and then I drifted off after that. But seeing how Craka is alive and active, I guess we can make another last ditch effort to push it into beta, at the least.

As far as completing the game, I just don't think we have the resources or team possible. Not enough coders in this game to get it pushed out, I don't think atleast.

Level 6
@Super_Ze_Man you are wrong dude ... ask you why 10 years ago after WC3 and too many people still playing and working in it ... is because WC3 are beyond good ... not every people like the Science Fi atmosfere from SC2... Adventure, RPG maps still being the most liked to play and SC2 ruin the medieval atmosfere with that green cybernetic interface!!! (ugly ugly ugly)

Level 5
@Super_Ze_Man you are wrong dude ... ask you why 10 years ago after WC3 and too many people still playing and working in it ... is because WC3 are beyond good ... not every people like the Science Fi atmosfere from SC2... Adventure, RPG maps still being the most liked to play and SC2 ruin the medieval atmosfere with that green cybernetic interface!!! (ugly ugly ugly)

agreed ^^

Level 25
I tried to learn the SC2 editor, but it's too similar to game engine world editors (way too complicated and tedious to learn/use) so I figured I might as well just learn to use an game engine editor instead of SC2's editor. It's BARELY user-friendly and cannot even be compared to the WE. Was really disappointed with it. :\

And yes, the only thing people play in WC3 now is DOTA or the same tower defense maps over and over again. But I just like working on maps for fun! :D

I only post about the develpment process to get input on what others think about it and what changes I could or should probably make to it.

Level 2
hey Craka_J,
what happened to the map ? Are you still working on it ? Just wanted to visit your hp, but it was down due to inactivity (taken down on May 31th ;) )

This was very promising to me...
Paganini

Level 1
so? still didnt you complete your map? after 2,5 years.. or am i blind..
i googled it and am really bashed cuz of your latest entry on your website.. are you crazy? or you dont want to publish? may be you need professional help..

Level 25
I wouldn't consider Ardent Heroes an 'active' project. I pretty much work on it when I have nothing else to do and just so happen to feel like working on it. There are no significant triggers to make the RPG playable, so for now, it's just terrain, backstory, and some designs for each class. I might release the map, but might not. Depends if I feel like it. :D

Level 8
It is a shame that most of the work will go to waste, I would love to see things finished but that is just not something that will ever be possible in this day and age. Maybe say 3-4 years ago we could've had one of the most successful RPGs not because of the map alone, but because we were planning on adding bi monthly events and other things to say the least.

If anyone is wanting to continue, or rip ideas away I give my consent, but would be polite of you guys to ask Craka as well before doing anything seeing how I gave all the intellectual property over to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.