• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Archian's Unfinished Projects

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
ARCHIANSPROJECTSbig.png

ALL I ASK IN RETURN IS THAT YOU TELL ME IF YOU USE ANYTHING FROM THESE PROJETS AND PLEASE TELL PEOPLE WHERE YOU GOT IT FROM

Hello community!

Since I started modding Warcraft 3 over 12 years ago, I've worked on or been a part of several projects with titles such as Dawn of Chaos, Flickering Light, Diablo 3 The Fallen Angel, Lands of Conflict, Fall of Argus, Dragon Wars, Moria: A journey through the Dark, Battle for Middle Earth, The Black Book, etc. etc.

Most of these projects was never finnished. But it's a shame to let all those years of work go to waste.
Thusly I've made the decision to make my unfinnished projects open source. Some of these projects include resources that has never been released before.

I will update this thread with more projects as I find them on my harddrive.

Stay tuned! Map downloads will be added soon!

Fall of Argus: - DOWNLOAD PROLOGUE - DOWNLOAD EREDAR01

Journey-of-faith-by-breathing.jpgarchimonde.jpg Counsel.jpg demonsummoning.jpg Eredar02.jpg goldmine.jpg argus.jpg 22.jpg

Moria: A Journey through the Dark - DOWNLOAD

loadingscreen.jpg GandalfvsBalrog.jpgMoria1.jpg cavetroll.jpg Untitled-4.jpg moria.jpg

The Black Book

theblackbook.png bb3.jpgbb4.jpg trollz.png whenyouseeit.png BBpromo.jpg BBpromo2.jpg

Diablo 3: The Fallen Angel - DOWNLOAD (The latest version of the map was lost many years ago. This version was the last version to survive.
It misses lots of assets and scripts, but does contain a good amount of resources. Also, please note that all triggers & scripts had to be removed in order to open the map.)

Skills.jpg Untitled-1_1.jpg Untitled-2.gif Untitled-3.1.jpg fanofknives.jpg dfgd.jpg backintheday.jpg

Diablo 1 - DOWNLOAD

d11.jpg diablo1.jpg diablo2.jpg Untit2led-1.jpg Untitled-1.jpg
Battle for Middle Earth

Lands of Conflict

and more!

Attachments

• Moria1.jpg
    Moria1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 872
  • Moria-A Journey In The Dark.w3x
    8 MB · Views: 283
  • Chapter 1.w3x
    13.7 MB · Views: 371
  • Eredar01.w3x
    17.6 MB · Views: 376
  • DiabloTEST.w3x
    12.4 MB · Views: 243
  • D3TFA_V21 (noTriggersEdit).w3x
    9.6 MB · Views: 227
  • balrog2.jpg
    balrog2.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Level 23
By unfinished, do you mean you won't continue them, or you are just making them open source so people can use the assets now because finishing them might take a long time?

Fall of Argus was unique because no other campaign had tried to tell a story in that kind of a timeline (eredar initial contact with Sargeras).

Anyway, thanks for uploading.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I agree. This is the kind of thing I've made a 'living' doing (see sig.); researching & archiving old dead mods to preserve their work, their assets, and their legacy for future generations of modders.

But oh how much better is it when someone who worked on the mod themselves provides all that stuff, instead of letting dorks like me sift through the sands of time to find a few nuggets of wisdom & coolness? It's Pretty Dang Great.

So thanks. : )

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
is THAT the FRICKIN' ALPHA "TREE OF WOE" model???

Oh My Goodness.
Yes, nice observation :)

However I hope this does not mean the end of your modding journey though?
Nawh, I have something else up my sleeve. Who knows. I might continue working on some of these projects.

Added Diablo 1 test map.
Also, my map titled Diablo 3: The Fallen Angel seems to be corrupted :goblin_cry: This was the reason why the project ended all those years ago. And none of the team members have an older version anymore. All the files were lost. Except this one which I can't open it in the World Editor anymore.

If anybody can help with this it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• D3TFA_V21.w3x
    9.9 MB · Views: 99

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Thanks. I was really hoping that all the triggers and scripts could somehow be saved. It was the last map to survive. It makes me sad to think of how much progress was lost when we lost the latest version of the map many years ago.

But it's nice to see some of the work again after all these years.

This version of the map contains part of the Leoric's throne. I wish I had the latest map. It WAS AWESOME!

backintheday.jpg

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
This version of the map contains part of the Leoric's throne. I wish I had the latest map. It WAS AWESOME!
Try an HDD recovering program :D

About the triggers, I don't know, maybe someone experienced in the intricacies of Warcraft III files could help. I asked Drake53. Maybe he can do something. If not, there others like Retera. Zwiebelchen et al. and others I don't know at all.

EDIT:
@Archian the script can be kept but not in the GUI form for some reason as IsUnitOwnedByPlayer seems to crash the editor:
anima.png
It's true that the word is found two times in the .wtg (trigger data) file while once in the .j (script) file.
Deleting them from the .wtg file will make the editor crash still but without giving that error.
Well, I think I need to edit the .wtg file with notepad++ or something. It might be because I'm using the usual notepad. However, there's some complication with saving the file. To what format?
OK, if you modify the file you can just use Save instead of Save As. But removing those still makes the map crash.

Maybe @Tasyen or @GhostWolf could help
WEU,WE,JNPG Problem

Last edited:
Level 11
Turns out that one that trigger error was a weu function, after running through ghostwolf's weu fixer, it was openable in the JNGP Lua by trigger happy.

Attachments

• D3TFA_V21_no_weu.w3x
    9.9 MB · Views: 97
Level 17
thanks you for sharing stuff from your old project with community. i see then you post pictures from black book, i remeber a long time ago that project, thought it was Whitehorn project, Nevermind , can you please post resource from that old project too ?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Lmao. A testament to how buggy 1.31 is if it cannot even open something.
I don't think it's just about 1.31. Haven't tried it on other patches. The issue might be that the maps were edited with some other off-label editor.
Regardless, you cannot expect an update that brings something while taking something and then to go with it.

Level 10
I don't think it's just about 1.31. Haven't tried it on other patches. The issue might be that the maps were edited with some other off-label editor.
Regardless, you cannot expect an update that brings something while taking something and then to go with it.
And well... Apparently Reforged and 1.32 added/redid/removed a bunch of stuff. It wouldn't exactly seem surprising that trying to open it with any version lower woudn't work.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I was more critiquing 1.31 itself, rather than all patches lower than 1.32.
As I wrote, I didn't try it with other versions, lower than 1.31.1... so until we know that those can open the maps, then you can't assume it's a 1.31 bug...

EDIT:
@OutsiderXE I used Map Adapter and voila.

Attachments

• Chapter 1 (131).w3x
    13.7 MB · Views: 90
  • Eredar01 (131).w3x
    17.6 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Can you do the same for 1.30 please? I really don't wanna go beyond that to be honest
Well, I get an error trying to adapt to 1.29. There's no 1.30 in that program:
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_NEARZ' (6x)
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_PITCH' (6x)
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_YAW' (6x)
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_ROLL' (6x)
If @Drake53 has any idea how to bypass that.

Level 18
Well, I get an error trying to adapt to 1.29. There's no 1.30 in that program:
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_NEARZ' (6x)
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_PITCH' (6x)
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_YAW' (6x)
  • Found incompatible identifier: 'CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_ROLL' (6x)
If @Drake53 has any idea how to bypass that.
NearZ is compatible with 1.30 so you can ignore that warning. The other three can be deleted.

Level 8
1.30 is literally the only decent/stable patch pre-reforged and it wasn't included in that thing:/

Though I only need the terrain and the object data. Maybe those deprotection programs can do the trick?