• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEU,WE,JNPG Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
some time ago in patch 1.19 i created some triggers on a map using WEU now i cant open the map in any editor JNPG gives error fileA or something,WE gives IsUnitOwned cannot be found,I tryed Jass editing the function Still the same.
Is there a Way to open my map and Convert it to WE So I can Edit It Furder Widowt A secnod PC using WC3 1.19 Patch?

Level 29
I was in the middle of creating code that will do just that, but I stopped for reasons. Either way, it's half working, it might be enough for your map. If you send me the map, I'll test it, maybe get it to work.

In case you are interested, it converts WEU GUI actions back to their Jass equivalent in a Custom Script action, much like you manually converting a single action to custom script.

Last edited:
WE gives IsUnitOwned
this tutorial explains quite well how to add new GUI Functions.
There is also Gui-isator to add new GUI Functions with a tool.

"IsUnitOwned" proably has this header:
JASS:
function IsUnitOwned takes unit u, player p returns boolean
or it simply the native:
JASS:
constant native IsUnitOwnedByPlayer takes unit whichUnit, player whichPlayer returns boolean

Edit: you also could open your map with mpq editor extract the .wtg file, remove all actions containing this additional stuff and reimport it again ( a backup make sense when using this technique).

Level 9
i did it using a second pc runing wc3 v 1.18a and now im fighting to save the map becose some triggers are not working properly...

and its fixed now....
well it sux that we dont have a way to do it automaticly
anyways i still get the Get loccal player error 3 times before the map loads

"Trigger function does not exist in database: GetLocalPlayer"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.