• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 1.5 3D Total Conversion Maps Project

Starcraft 1.5 3D Conversion Map Rating

• 1 Poor

Votes: 4 10.3%

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 3 Adverage

Votes: 8 20.5%

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I've said this before, but making your maps a mix of SC and SC2 is inaccurate, not to mention you should lower siege tank's attack increase cooldown instead of removing splash. Also, why bother to make this like SC2? The effort is commendable, but it seems a little pointless.

Level 7
I've said this before, but making your maps a mix of SC and SC2 is inaccurate, not to mention you should lower siege tank's attack increase cooldown instead of removing splash. Also, why bother to make this like SC2? The effort is commendable, but it seems a little pointless.

the reason i added sc 2 content in was so i could familuarise myself with SC 2 gameplay and graphics not to mention balance out the game. Its like why play PR when u can play SC instelf and now that PR is finished its like what else can i do. As i stated before ive made the maps as close to sc and sc 2 specs as possible. When was the last time u played my maps and thought tanks were uber??? i cant help it if u cant play sc right. I can hold up against most massing players on my maps even with the limited units. Mayb u should play and then judge instead of judging from a version made 2 years ago. if u dont like the project thats fine go play something else then.

Level 24
I'm not saying that I don't like the project itself, I'm saying that there are better ways to fix gameplay than to completely change the function of a unit. It's really hard to imagine siege tanks that don't do splash damage. The stuff about SC2 makes sense.

As far as playing PR instead of SC, graphics, better spatial alignment, things like that.

Level 7
I'm not saying that I don't like the project itself, I'm saying that there are better ways to fix gameplay than to completely change the function of a unit. It's really hard to imagine siege tanks that don't do splash damage. The stuff about SC2 makes sense.

As far as playing PR instead of SC, graphics, better spatial alignment, things like that.

Ok let me explain why i changed the siege tank, i wanted to create a better attack animation in the new versions, so i decided the best representation of a siege tank cannon attack was the mortarteam projectile art. Now to set it as the bloom effect i wanted, the attack type effect had to be changed from a missile spill type to a instant attack type. So I couldnt have kept the spill dmg bonus with the new attack animation.

As for PR they have suspended development and wont continue the mod. They releaised they cant full convert Zerg and Protoss so unliess u wanna just play terran PR is more limited them my mod.

Level 24
I'm not entirely sure how going from missile to instant attack makes you need to take away splash, but okay.

I wasn't aware of the progress of PR.

Level 7
Nice update. Terrain still needs work though, as I've said in the past.

~Craka_J

yes i know craka, i actually did try and transfer terrain art from starcraft and try and make terrain skins from it but the custom skins didnt come out very well at all:(. And even if i was able to make exact skins from sc, i would still need to make custom cliff art skins and possibly need to make custom cliff models etc. so i thought id try and alter the terrain a little bit using wc3 skins for now.

Level 7
News Batch #1: Campaign Developments

To keep everyone more informed on the lastest going ons for the project, ive decided to follow the style of news boardcasting from the very popular Karuna news batchs. These new batchs will be number and labelled according to what the current work is being done on the project and ill continue to post new news every month.

Now, since the release of the lastes maps pack v6, its popularity has been growing everyday increasing the projects interest with fans. So i've now moved my focus to working on the conversion of all the Starcraft campagin mission. As you all know the Precauser Boot Camp campagin map was the first campagin my project released and now i want to perfect the map by converting as much of it to Starcraft i as can. This will then follow into the rest of the campagin maps, making it easier for me to convert maps. This is no easy task as i have found. With alot of skins needing to be converted from wc3 to sc. So the last few months ive been slowly creating skins to recreate the Starcraft look for things like the game menu screen and the victory/defeat score screens.

New Game Menu Skins

New_Starcraft_Style_Menu_Skin.jpg

The New Look Score Screen for Terran Victory

New_Starcraft_ScoreScreen.jpg

Along with the new skins, i also added team colours to the Blizzard Zergling model, as i leanred how to do this during the multiplayer map model and skin developments. The look is somewhat ok in my opinion. I think the greyness of the skin is what makes it look different compared to the Original Zergline unit in Starcraft. I might develop this skin before the final version is released but i am unsure how i would go about improving the skin further at this point.

New_Zergling_Team_Colour.jpg

New_Improved_Loading_screen.jpg

Theres still much more work to done, before i can start working on new campaign maps. But i can promise the wait will be worth it. I plan to not just release the new version of the Boot Camp map but hopefully ill have 3 new campaign maps done, to finish off the Precauser missions.

Level 7
Latest News: News Batch #2: Boot Camp Map Almost Finished

Another month and another campagin update. I have made alot of skin progress on the campaign front and created a whole bunch of new and improved skins which will increase the feel of the original maps further.

Anyways on to the updates:

Well the map is looking pretty much complete right now. There are still a few little issues and skins that need fine tuning before i can release a final map but im very close. This month i first got to work on developing a new cursor to replace the poor qaulity one i had been using for the past 2 years. The old one was very pixelly and it would always shake when ontop of a unit/building due to the original skinner not placing the combining cursors section correctly in the skin. Anyways it was pretty easy to make. Because im just copying the cursors from the original SC all i did was take screenshots of the different cursors and then paste them onto the original wc III icon skin template and hey presto ive got myself a new cursor which looks a hell of alot better then my previous one and no shaking.

(This is the skin template i built the skin ontop of)

HumanCursorpro1.jpg

Next i decided to try and make new terrain skins from the original SC, so i could truely call my map a Total Conversion. So i basically did the same thing with the cursor and copy and pasted the terrain from the original sc to my skin templates and maxed the qaulity output and this time the skin didnt come out so great. I dunno why its come out slightly greyish in colour but i dunno how to improve it. Im not sure if you guys will like the new terrain. Thats why i want everyone to comment and vote for if you want the new terrain or the original wc3 terrain i had.

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111040_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111116_04.jpg

I have also improved and finsihed the ScoreScreen skins and Menu skins. It took abit of trail and error to get the borders perfectly alined properly but i got it done in the end. I also added new a defeat screen art to complete the skin.

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111138_05.jpg

The menu skins were also time consuming to aline. I also changed the menu background to that of the original menu background. Im now very happy with the new menu screen.

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111103_03.jpg

Now i would like to talk about the other side of the project. The online maps ive recently finished and have been enjoying on bnet the last few months. Ive tried to take screenshots of awsome battle scenes for all of you guys, just to show how exciting it is to play my maps project. It is difficult to start games i must admit. 4mb maps dont download very fast and i usually have to play a full hour per game becuase of the dl time is so slow. But hopefully enough people we have my maps and maby ill get some regular hosters popping up on the bnet servers who will help disturbute my maps alot faster. As for development, im looking into making another maps pack in the near future which will include a few of the new zerg upgrades from sc II to the maps which i cant wait to do.

Here are some screenshots ive taken while playing online;

WC3ScrnShot_032508_102712_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110912_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110918_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110925_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110939_04.jpg

night_wolveX

Starcraft 1.5 Creator

Level 7
News Batch #3: Boot Camp New Terrain

This month hasnt shown much development in the boot camp map as ive been very busy outside of the project, but i did however make some new terrain for all the campaign maps. Along with the new terrain i also increased the Zergling movement speed to 500 which has increased their effectiency against marines which i think needs to happen in the mulitplayer maps now.

First Screenshot shows the new Badlands_Mud terrain i added. Looks pretty good from this view.

WC3ScrnShot_051208_105134_01.jpg

And then i cliff terrain was next. This skin required abit of trail and error to get the right parts of the skin yto match the same style cliffs from the original sc. I couldnt create the cliff side skins from sc though so i just match the cliff colour as best i could with a wc3 cliff skins.

WC3ScrnShot_051208_105431_02.jpg

I also finally finsihed the menu screen skins.

WC3ScrnShot_051208_105503_03.jpg

At this point the Boot Camp map is complete. There are still a few bugs present which i dout ill be able to fix at this point in time but i think its time to move onto the next map.

Status
Not open for further replies.