1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Archer (Gryphon Mount) and Derivatives

Submitted by Ujimasa Hojo
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Archer (Gryphon Mount) and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Archer (High Elf, Gryphon Mount) Info:
  • Created a gryphon-mounted version of the High Elf Archer.
  • Uses animations of the Hippogryph Rider.
Resource Info

Backstory

• High Elves who remained loyal to the Alliance lost access to their Dragonhawk Mounts. Hence, High Elves stationed in the Hinterlands have befriended the Wildhammer Dwarves and were allowed to utilize the tamed Gryphons of Aerie Peak.

Model Version 1.02

• Fixed the animation of the right arm.

Model Version 1.03

• Resaved using Retera's model editor to avoid a bug.

Video Preview

Archer (Gryphon Mount, Knight of the Silver Hand) Info:
  • Created a version of the Gryphon-mounted Archer for the Knights of the Silver Hand.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.00

• Uploaded.

Model Version 1.01

Archer (Gryphon Mount, Kul Tiras) Info:
  • Created a version of the Gryphon-mounted Archer for Kul Tiras.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.00

• Uploaded.

Model Version 1.01

Ranger (High Elf, Gryphon Mount) Info:
  • Created a gryphon-mounted version of the High Elf Ranger.
  • Uses animations of the Hippogryph Rider.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.01

• Fixed the animation of the right arm.

Model Version 1.02

Video Preview

Ranger (Gryphon Mount, Kul Tiras) Info:
  • Created a version of the Gryphon-mounted Ranger for Kul Tiras.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.00

• Uploaded.

Model Version 1.01

Keywords:
Highvale, Quel'thalas

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out the Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube Channels as well and hopefully subscribe.
  • Follow me on Twitter, Gab, Minds, or Steemit.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
    • My Bitcoin wallet addresses are at 36ngyoNso9kvvugEa4YjZA1qkbSRZXpN6k or 3JpY33ppR72VxdxaU5GaFogyMHoboMeSij
    • My Ethereum wallet address is at 0xff8baa64e79eede8e38117234cd1f1d8584946ab
Previews
Contents

Archer (Gryphon Mount) (Model)

Ranger (Gryphon Mount) (Model)

Archer (Gryphon Mount, Knights of the Silver Hand) (Model)

Archer (Gryphon Mount, Kul Tiras) (Model)

Ranger (Gryphon Mount, Kul Tiras) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Useful to some users.
  1. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Separated from an older bundle.

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ooh, I'm really glad you used the Beta Ranger skin for the rider; the green skin-paint really make it viable for use as a Wildhammer unit (though it's hard to say 'no' to the standard hammer-tossing Dwarf)

Might you consider/allow some minor adjustments to the rider to achieve Dwarvish proportions?

3. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    nice version

4. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I try to avoid moving vertices around to avoid clipping problems. This is why I stick to rewrapping most of the time.

5. The Lord

The Lord

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks Nice :3

6. The Lord

The Lord

Resources:
    Resources:
    well ,some Onfoot ,solo Gryphon models will be useful for a "call to arms" new spell

7. The_Legion

The_Legion

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Ujimasa Hojo, could you please make a gryphon mounted version of your Kul Tiran Archer derivative, sir?

8. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You planning to make a Kul Tiras map?

9. The_Legion

The_Legion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Somewhat, yes. I'm planning on creating an event of the Fall of Kul Tiras from your Desolation: Boralus City map. Detailing the Kul Tirans' last stand against the demons to allow the people to evacuate.

Edit: also, is there a way to have an easier way of correspondence with you, @Ujimasa Hojo?

10. Pyraeus

Pyraeus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ujimasa, great work as always. I was wondering if there is some way to PM you since am unable to regularly.

My question was going to be if you are going to create any Warcraft 2 Oil Platforms. I ask because I am designing sea gold mine like features. :p

11. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm gonna need a basis though.

12. The_Legion

The_Legion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps something around the lines of your Iron Horde shipyard could suffice; tweak them and such with rewrapping from the Blacksmith and Workshop textures?

13. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hojo, aren't you getting tired of not making your own models yet? As opposed to editing variations of things that already exist, I mean.

14. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The derivative stuff I do is kind of a stress relief for me. Anything more than that becomes sort of a chore.

15. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Amusing, the inability to block your models when looking for new models was one of the larger reasons why I stopped uploading models to the hive. The fact that your works that you cranked out by the hundreds every month got the same approval ratings as my works that I spent months on was demotivating. I still make models occasionally though, just doesn't really upload them.

After a while you kind of dislike the site rather than the modelers. The existence of the trash section kind of furthers that divide. It's not really something you earn. The floodgates are on and the filter is minuscule.

16. Krotos

Krotos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    While you might have a point, you also should keep in that mind that Ujimasa fills a niche of models that, while not being major edits, are fitting, versatile and oftentimes creative (as seen with his building packs). I know I've used a fair share of them as they were providing me with means of creating races I otherwise would be unable to properly recreate with any other Hive model.

17. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's all fair and good. I'm just saying that personally it kills my motivation to submit models here. If people here are happy by that, then all the more for him. I on the other hand felt it undermined my reasons for modeling and thus is one reason among many reasons why I ultimately left. I do end up getting back from time to time, click pending, get discouraged and leave once more. Happens for me whenever I click pending basically.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  18. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I knew something like this has been boiling for some time now amongst certain circles but I guess the cat's out of the bag.

Never understood why some people get angry when other people enjoy amateurish stuff. Again, I do these stuff for fun. I enjoy "dressing up" units. I enjoy "repainting" buildings. And I enjoy seeing other people do amazing maps with my stuff. When my stuff was "banned" from the official Resources section, I continued on "underground" in the forums. When the Substandard section opened up, I was happy and is content at my stuff being relegated there.

I'd gladly become a mod if only so I can automatically place my stuff under the Substandard section, your Majesty. But then again, ...

Seem's like you don't want the Substandard section either because "trash" could still get enough exposure amongst the users of this site.

But seriously, what the hell is with this bitterness about my "trash" getting the same approval ratings as yours? First of all, this is a game and therefore primarily for fun. If you want some sort of validation, go join the various competitions hosted by this site. Or better yet, focus your efforts on something else. Second, it really irks me that I am being blamed by some on why they left this site as if it was a deliberate conspiracy to turn them off from going here. Third, the Warcraft 3 modding community is small nowadays and outright hostility like this is not gonna help. And to think that I was hoping Reforged is gonna breathe life into this site.

19. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's not that I'm angry. It's just that it's not really about earning a place among brighter models anymore, anything goes. Before it was something to strive for, to be able to have your models placed among legendary creations. To increase the quality of yours to be able to earn the right to stand by their side as an experienced modeler. Now it's not a question if you get approved, it's a question where it goes. Which demotivates you from advancing in skill. But to make models without advancement is boring to me. So I stop. If I make models today, it's not because I want to share. It's because I make something for me, which I don't need to share.

As for the cat out of the bag. The cat left the bag years ago, it has bred numerous litters who each got their own bag and then left the bag again. There was a rather lively debate a while back that ended with most experienced modelers leaving. I'm not referring to zero tolerance though. This happened after.

But eh, it's in the past. My point was merely that I'm saddened that you don't desire to improve. From my point of view, it feels like a waste. That is all. If you poured as much energy into improving as you do with uploading those kind of models, you would've been on par with Grendel as far as quality goes. The reason I'm saying this is because I remember when Grendel was a beginner. The time needed for him to increase the complexity of his models was fairly quick. A year, a year and half, not much more than that.

As for the substandard section's existence. It came to be because I half serious suggested a trash section. Sub-standard was the more diplomatic name for it that they ran with. It was during discussions of quality vs usefulness back in 2015. Mostly because they considered me to strict and wanted me to be able to get a decent compromise that I could throw models into if I deemed the models to be too simple, but was extremely useful regardless of this point. That is why sub-standard exists. Well, and because people started hosting threads with their resources that became a nightmare to manage.

One final point. This isn't hostility. This is an explanation. I'm not fighting it anymore. That is why I say I simply leave with sadness. What the hive used to be was basically like an artistic gallery. You earned your place. Scribbles would be rejected. It's not because scribbles were not useful, it's just that prioritizing growth was the goal before. The shift in mindset does not align with me and people like me, that is why we left. We return hopeful that something might've changed and then leave again, equally disappointed.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018