• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Sanctum and Derivatives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Arcane Sanctum and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Arcane Sanctum (Optimized) Info:

• Improved the texture wrapping on some parts, especially the Birth meshes.

• Uploaded.

Arcane Sanctum (Dalaran) Info:
  • Created an Arcane Sanctum for Dalaran.

• Reworked to resemble the original version more.

• Improved the texture wrapping of the spires.

Arcane Sanctum (Highborne) Info:
  • Created a version of the Arcane Sanctum for the Highborne.
  • Designed to be used with a modified form of the Root/Uproot ability.

• Adjusted the attachments during the flying animations.

• Now has an Arcane-like Birth animation.

Arcane Sanctum (Illidari) Info:
  • Created a version of the Arcane Sanctum for the Illidari.

• Uploaded.

• Polished up the texture wrapping in some of the gears. Polished up the wrapping in the Birth animation stuff.

Arcane Sanctum (Stormwind) Info:

• Uploaded.

Arcane Sanctum (Wintergarde) Info:
  • Created a snowy version of the Arcane Sanctum.

• Uploaded.

• Polished up the wrapping in the Birth animation stuff.

Keywords:
Spell, Spellcaster

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Previews
Contents

Arcane Sanctum (Dalaran) (Model)

Arcane Sanctum (Dalaran) Button (Icon)

Arcane Sanctum (Highborne) (Model)

Arcane Sanctum (Highborne) Button (Icon)

Arcane Sanctum (Illidari) (Model)

Arcane Sanctum (Illidari) Button (Icon)

Arcane Sanctum (Optimized) (Model)

Arcane Sanctum (Stormwind) (Model)

Arcane Sanctum (Wintergarde) (Model)

Arcane Sanctum (Wintergarde) Button (Icon)

Reviews
17:00, 11th Jun 2013 Deolrin: Sweet stuff; I really like this model. ^^ However, you should change the metal bit on one of the "sphere-holders" to a more naga\highborne-like texture. The arcane sanctum's rusty metal is unfitting. You could also add...
08:34, 24th Sep 2013 enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.

M

17:00, 11th Jun 2013
Deolrin: Sweet stuff; I really like this model. ^^
However, you should change the metal bit on one of the "sphere-holders" to a more naga\highborne-like texture. The arcane sanctum's rusty metal is unfitting. You could also add additional teamcolor by changing the green plates on the main building into teamcolored plates(from the Altar of Depths). Finally, you should change the Stand Work animation to use more fitting particles(blue\teal\cyan), and perhaps add a radiating cyan glow to each of the billboarded spheres during "Stand Work" as well.

17:32, 12th Jun 2013
Deolrin: The changes are great, good job. :)
However, new problem... The glow seems to conflict with the spheres. Maybe move it away a bit so it's not exactly on the same spot as the spheres?

20:07, 15th Jun 2013
Deolrin: The orb glows still flicker in-game, for some reason. I don't know how to fix this, honestly, asides from moving them even farther away, or perhaps getting rid of them altogether. Which would be a shame because they look nice.
The birth effect you gave it is really nice. It works great with the Arcane Sanctum base. Good job. :)

13:15, 16th Jun 2013
Deolrin: Changes made, resource approved. Great model, fits for both Naga and Highborne. Good job!

Reasons specified in the PM

Level 35
I reckon these are meant to be constructions for the Pre-Naga elves called Highborn.

Personally, I'd love to see a little less "Sunken Isles" and more "Elvish" style, sure they're meant to match that style, but I'm pretty sure the reason the Sunken Ruin doodads and constructions have that particular colour pattern has to do with having been under water for a very long time, I might be wrong.

Personally, I'd love to see some deviations from the Orc structures to make a nice Darkspear and Bloodhoof Tribe alteration. Keep these custom buildings coming.

Level 9
I reckon these are meant to be constructions for the Pre-Naga elves called Highborn.

Personally, I'd love to see a little less "Sunken Isles" and more "Elvish" style, sure they're meant to match that style, but I'm pretty sure the reason the Sunken Ruin doodads and constructions have that particular colour pattern has to do with having been under water for a very long time, I might be wrong.

Yes, I very much agree with all this, highborne elves built in much the same style as modern night elves today, perhaps with a tiny bit less nature integrated.

Even though Maiev and her comrades discover the Sunken Ruins of Suramar, which was an ancient elven city, WoW has pretty much retconned all the sealike themes from highborne elves, and now associates it with the naga - not ancient highborne.

Personally I feel these fit as naga buildings very well, though the night elf build animation pretty much denies that use completely.
Sadly with the night elven build animation I have no use for this highborne building line. I suggest you either change the build animation to the naga one and call these naga buildings, or rework all the highborne buildings to showcase a more accurate style.

The Well of Eternity instance in WoW showcases highborne architechture in action. (sorry for the gigantic post)

http://www.wowpedia.org/Well_of_Eternity

Yes, I very much agree with all this, highborne elves built in much the same style as modern night elves today, perhaps with a tiny bit less nature integrated.

Even though Maiev and her comrades discover the Sunken Ruins of Suramar, which was an ancient elven city, WoW has pretty much retconned all the sealike themes from highborne elves, and now associates it with the naga - not ancient highborne.

Personally I feel these fit as naga buildings very well, though the night elf build animation pretty much denies that use completely.
Sadly with the night elven build animation I have no use for this highborne building line. I suggest you either change the build animation to the naga one and call these naga buildings, or rework all the highborne buildings to showcase a more accurate style.

The Well of Eternity instance in WoW showcases highborne architechture in action. (sorry for the gigantic post)

http://www.wowpedia.org/Well_of_Eternity

I kinda agree.. is there a way to make your building more highborn-ish?

Level 25
Yes, I very much agree with all this, highborne elves built in...
A good reference for Highborne style of architecture can be found in WoW from Blood elves - they are the most direct descendants of ancient highborne (most direct going by their traditions and life style)

Highborne often used a light-gray stones (sometimes almost white), used a lot of gold for details to show how fancy their towns were, but also used nature to add a nice touch to those buildings... though that usually depended on what the structure was.

In WCIII, a highborne looking building could be night elf altar - a good mix of nature, gold and polished stones.
High Elf Barracks, Arcane Sanctum and Sky-Fury tower are another buildings built in highborne style (though they miss gold details and the nature touch).
--------
It was after the sundering that night elves started revering nature and druidic powers and became closely tied to it (as in they could summon spirits; treants would help them, etc. - the only druid at the time before sundering was Malfurion, who was just a disciple at the time). Becoming Night Elves as we know from WC3 also had an impact on their architecture, as they started using more wood and trees and summoned/made grow their buildings from trees; gold was replaced by silver to revere Elune, etc.

Highborne that survived the Sundering later left night elves and became High Elves and later Blood Elves... but they still build in very similar style to ancient highborne. As the first High Elves were highborne survivors, it makes sense that they would build in very similar manner.

Level 17
As much as I understand the reason behind these textures, they don't exactly look Highborne. The problem mainly being that the sunken ruins have been sunken for ages. The stone is withered and brittle, and very much covered in algae. All of which is visible in ways in the textures. The general architecture would probably be similar though (It does share similarities with the modern Night Elven structures).

A good rule when it comes to the Highborne is that they always strived to keep everything as beautiful as possible.

M

08:34, 24th Sep 2013
enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.