• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

American Highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
An American Highway :D

Comments/Suggestions? :3

Attachments

• AmericanHighway.jpg
    AmericanHighway.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 976
Level 13
What the hell when did the earth have 2 suns? I think i know what ur were trying 2 do but it failed take out 1 of the suns please.

Level 19
the sun is to bright
the sky should be blue-er, right now it looks liek a storm is comming
the hills are too raised should be loverd and added yellowish tuffts (idk if you can find those in teh utm :/)
i doubt there would be light poles in teh middle of nowhere xD
also try giving it more depth

3251829337_ff58e88fef.jpg

give the camera an z offset of 300 to give it more depth

Level 10
You know, I think it's perfect, but then that's just silly me...

I think it's absolutely charming. Everything is good. Maybe the textures don't match each other perfectly in terms of styles, and there are a couple other things, but it still looks perfect to me. Good job.
The hills are cool... so cartoony.

Perfect doesn't mean it couldn't be better; just means that I subjectively don't think it deserves too much criticism, because it's a simple, plain, good scene with a rare simple crazy style AKA perfect. I hope to see you moving in that direction; that'd be cool.

Level 19
The shadows on the terrain don't go according to where the sun is. In the right you can see some hills that have shadows at the right side. That's impossible. The cactuses should be smaller, and some tile variation wouldn't hurt either. I can not see what tile you are using for sand, but there are a few sand tiles, which you can combine with some rough dirt. The bakcground on the left side and the end of the road needs some fading work (height). Also sun flares on a linse always go in a straight line, which means the first flare next to the sun should be a little higher.

I like the grass that is placed around the rocks, though I think there should be more rocks – and smaller. Make those in the distance smaller so it really looks like they are fading away.

I like the idea. I haven't seen any warcraft III screenshots like this, but it needs a lot of work. :D

Level 18
i suggest forgetting about that sunflare effect. Not that many can pull off gud sun/camera Flare effects. i suggest making it a regular sunset, with one straight out glow if u know what i mean... in other words if it were the real world,
take the picture without a camera ( and the cameras sun flare effect )

getting better though

Level 6
The last one was way better :/ Now it looks more like you're in Africa. Make the rocks smaller, change the trees to something more appropriate, add more grass (of all kinds) and a mountain in the far sight. And what is the sun doing in the middle of the road? :O

Level 10
i'm going to be brutaly honest and i think you should take a step back and remodel the terrain from the start and go much closer to that real image . . add a sense of scale, roads are always slightly curved around where the tyers go over but genraly flat width ways they also go over hills and bumps in the ground, make a much bigger version with actualy moutians and no tress horible out of scale and infact all doodas on a much better scale . . . this can be a really nice map . . .but the choice is up to you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.