1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Aliens spotted? Hoax?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CMarket, Aug 11, 2011.

1. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Explain to me why ufo's are only ever sighted in America?...

2. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Omg...
    They are not... the previous Rendlesham forest which is one of the most unexplained is in the UK. Others:

Cardiff, UK

There are others over Belgium, Germany, France, even in my country last year (2010) it has all the features - it was broadcasted on the news and our news dont take UFOs seriously, so obviously they made a difference.. also it was recorded by 3 different people which excludes the possibility that someone decided to make a joke

Look the only thing that is unscientific is to think they are aliens without solid proof, that there are UFOs aka unknown/top secret crafts is NOT even questionable. I personally believe it is possible there are others but being skeptic about it is explainable as I myself am tired of some unclear videos and if they are ETs how come never anything clear.

I should tell you however, there is censor and some who have been with MUFON say that they do not release everything to the public whether under the pressure of the government, military or whoever.

3. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To rephrase, why is it, that if aliens really exist, that sightings is limited to so specific countries.

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, what do you mean specific countries? There has been sightings in other countries as well, Japan, China, Mexico and Peru, Central and Latin American countries also especially from Mexico have so many sightings.

They could be or could be not aliens, I am not saying that. Because there hasn't been any stronger evidence like a footage showing such beings taking off, coming out of a ship... (maybe because the info is suppressed, I think there is no doubt they are hiding something and this is not some conspiracy cause look at the govs and use common sense), just saying there are UFOs and they are not synonym of alien, necessarily. This is the arguable part, whose crafts they are.

Oh here is a case by Iranian pilot, even hard core debunkers can't explain (of course everyone may claim it is invalid. as it is easiest to say so but one debunker was debunked who claimed it was astronomical object like Jupiter cause you dont pick Jupiter on a fighter's radar... so yes the skeptic failed, especially since if that was the case, I, from personal observation know that Jupiter appears in the summers b-n 18.00-1.00 after midnight and you would then detect and call it a UFO every day it appears right? Very big fail skeptic was that :D)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

5. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'll just take my oversized frisby and leave then :p

6. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

7. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ Well. that's not my opinion. I just think it is a possibility, and the guy you posted is one who takes it as a fact. He;s from the Ancient Astronaut theoretists who believe aliens have visited us, which is possible, it's not wrong to think even very likely. If you watch some facts, watch Ancient Aliens on History channel, if you think about it, a lot of past events make sense. Like the Bible either has to be completely untrue or it is this. But I do not take it as a fact, you know unless there is really like a conversation with an alien recorded or video, any hard evidence.

But yeah if we're gonna joke with him...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. Kno_Mad

Kno_Mad

Resources:
    Resources:
    Note: I realize this is kind 'off-topic', but it is what my brain spits out every time the 'unknown' pops up... read it if you want, make of it what you will...

a bit more philosophical perhaps...
    I heard an interesting metaphor a while back:

If all the knowledge in the universe (or if you are religious = 'what God knows') were all the grains of sand on a beach, each grain representative of another 'piece' (or theory) of knowledge, how full do you think our (humanities) bucket is?

Note the use of the word bucket!

[The secondary question then arises: How big is the beach?]

The thing is, even with our scientific theories, we just don't know for certain. There is no 'model answer' to life, just a 'better' and 'worse' way to do things. We do stuff and it works, so we do it again, and again, improving the method as we go along.

Take Cell-phones for example: we have not properly tested the effect that cell-phone radio waves have on the human brain over 60 years of frequent use. O, there have been tests, but these are more simulations though.... High concentrations of radio waves over shorter (not 60 year!) periods. Thus, in some obscure way the simulation 'might' be wrong and by using cell-phones we are actually killing ourselves! We know (or I should say, we think) that radio waves are killing bees, maybe they effect us negatively in a way that we cant even comprehend! (dimensions, energy, whatever!)

[Okay, this was just an example! - please don't start flying into me about cell-phone genocide! EXAMPLE!]

Anyway, it boils down to the concept of being unaware of the fact that you are unaware of something. (i.e. you don't realise, that there is 'something' for you to know about!)

Even if aliens exist and are coming to Earth in massive pieces flying crockery the size of Slovenia, what does it really matter??! What can we do about it? Prepare? For what? War? Are we going to Nuke an intergalactic race of (what should then be to us) the most advanced and amazing thing in the Universe! The entities that cold also possibly be the reason for our existence in the first place? I think not...

Anyway, who is to say that the whole universe, as we perceive it, is not just one 'atom' in the body of some 'friggin huge' being that we will never be able to comprehend? (kinda like we are the bacteria in the pitree dish being looked at!)

What I'm getting at is that the only thing we can really do is to advance our understanding of things and be mindful of the fact that there is much we don't know that cold possibly bite us in the ass in the future.

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    IF<-- there are aliens visting us they are using much smarter ways to destroy us than 'War of the worlds'. For instance IF aliens being here were true, then it is likely that the talk that the military aka US AIR FORCE and US NAVY have established contact with them, may turn out to be true. Things like, 'we will let you abduct some people but do not show yourself to the public, we want to keep you a secret from them, as they will panic and all their believes will be destroyed'.

Actually --->IF<------ there were aliens, look at this extract about a Treaty signed with aliens (lol!):
    True story bro? Or Cool story bro? xD xD xD

10. Elite Slayer

Elite Slayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool beans. Let's see if it can carry a cargo of a human crew, achieve unassisted lift and thrust, and have ample flight time with minimal fuel expenditure.

11. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why does it have to be the US air force? Can't it be the russian airfoce, chinese navy or the german infantry?

12. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is a picture with Russian soldiers around a saucer so they could also be involved. (but the picture's credibility is questioned). If this is from '68 how come it is in color, pics esp Soviet technology did not have colorful photographs at that time.. or did they, since Kennedy's assassination earlier was also recorded on colorful camera? РОССИЯ!! Фор да модерланд
    [​IMG][​IMG]

China is also said to have such underground things. The whole thing is too vague though.

There are well known underground military facilities in the US:
    NORAD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cheyenne Montain Complex
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So there are such underground facilities. Are there other beings down there or it's all someone's source of making up bogus stories? That's anyone's guess, sadly. People are so greedy, who knows even all who write books about such things underground may be mere liers doing it all for money. At least 'cool story bro' xD

13. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    this story is such a haox, and no offense, you'd have to be an idiot to believe it, especially after "planet zeeba". it's obvious just a satirical site, and i give the guy props for being moderately funny

14. boomwolf

boomwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Imtor you ARE aware that most (if not all) of those are probably from sci-fi movies right?

"Cheyenne Montain Complex" for exsample is directly from a "stargate" episode...

15. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    NORAD/Cheyenne mountain complex is real and of course they could be just military complexes and nothing else. Fucking learn to use google IDealOT
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Aerospace_Defense_Command
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain

For the rest, I said they are not proven to exist (like Dulce) but there are other complexes as well, no doubt. Actually what the fuck? Do you think top secret places would EVER be proven to exist? What's the point of being clandestine if everyone knows about them? ...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  16. albertroy

albertroy

Resources:
    Resources:
    IF the aliens are REAL, it'll just be a matter of years before they reveal their selves to us.. Either in a friendly way, or a hostile way... If its hostile way then it would be FUN.. ^^ .. jk

17. Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone who thinks this is a hoax is obviously under the influence of Reaper indoctrination.

18. Elite Slayer

Elite Slayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Referencing Wikipedia articles doesn't contribute too much to credibility. And, in essence, what you said about the furtive nature of top secret locations and organizations discredits most - if not all - of the material you referenced. It leaves the matter in a position almost impossible to debate for either side. Just pointing out.

19. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ I decided it is faster to load the wiki page. But if you want Cheyenne Mountain website here it is:

http://www.norad.mil/about/cmoc.html

Im just responding to the stupid post saying Cheyenee M Complex is from a game and does not exist when the guy didnt even bother googling to see if it exists.

Anything else - aliens, evil hidden governments, preparation for depopulation, Dulce or specific stories cannot be taken as facts at least with the current proof. - But I ask you again - do you REALLY think there would be proof of them EVER? The most secret+known base? Tautalogy? I neither force any of those materials to be believed, nor I believe them very much myself.

I find them more interesting than any science fiction book, it makes you think about some things. Some who claim TO KNOW some of these employees say they are telling true things, but ya know, it's so vague. And until something more evident emerges I don't even bother with that subject. I don't even need to bring any other info, just food for thought.

LONG LIVE REALITY!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  20. boomwolf

boomwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    You really should stop assuming what I do or do not know and check.

And the fact there IS such a site does not mean all the sci-fi crap about it are true.

Area 51 is a real thing, but I'm pretty sure it's just a test site or something, there are many "top secret military bases" all over the world that ARE real, but has nothing to do with the things all the conspiracy theories and sci-fi lunatics say they are up to, and a few of them I can tell from the fact I've BEEN there, or personally know people who have (Israeli sites, not American, but same idea) that what's really is in there is pretty mundane, if you have the knowledge to make sense of it...and if not it sometimes could appear totally alien...(or just plain uninteresting and not understanding why is it of any importance to anyone...)

As for the pictures, do you REALLY believe a top-secret military base of a world superpower nation allow its godamn DEFENSE MECHANISMS to be on pictures online? any expert in the field can Analise the picture of that door to figure how to bypass it in a few minutes tops, you can see the faces of many of the people working there in the pictures, and many intelligence agencies won't have much problem tracking these people down, and from that point capturing and interrogating one. not to mention that you can analyze what is on the screens to figure what they are interested in...

No I personally CANT do it, because I don't enjoy the knowledge and funding that intelligence agencies have, but they sure can. so unless its some elaborate "revealed secrecy" plot of making it so obvious nobody will believe it, I seriously doubt ANY such picture is real.