• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Against the Plague RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
:( Bad to hear that you've joined the dark side :(

Anyways your map sems more then good so far keep it up ;)

Level 6
I'm officially back. I'll need help for some detail and idea.
1) I need idea for the Relic an the Prophet quests, they have to be improved cause they are very boring for the moment.
2) Any idea for spell are Welcome.
3) Any other idea for quests are also welcome.
4) Do you think it's a good thing to have a lore about the map or it's just useless and none will read or care about it?

Level 19
1. A. Find the Broken Relic - Find 5 pieces of an ancient relic scattered across the forest and cave.
B. Start of the Plague - A villager has been infected by the plague. The Prophet will brew him a potion but he needs you to collect some herbs and materials.
2. Spells for Class:
A. Inquisitor
3. Darkness Banish - Removes all negative buffs within x AoE of the caster on friendly units and gives them to enemy units.
4. White Magic - Deals the Int of the caster x the level of the ability to all nearby enemy units and heals all friendly units and self with the Int of the caster x the level of the Ability.
B. Necromancer
1. Unholy Blast - Fires a dark ball of magic that when it hits the target, it drains their hp and mana.
2. Raise Dead - Raises x amount of skeletons depending on the previously died units.
3. Dark Redemption - When the Necromancer dies, theres an x percent chance for the Necromancer to be alive in a skeletal form. The skeletal form has a timed life.

4. Necronomicon - The Necromancer uses his mastery of dark arts and summons powerful skeletons whenever a unit dies within 500 of the Necromancer. Lasts the Int of the caster x the level of this ability seconds.

3. A. Bear Catching - A villager wants bear fur so that he could make his house look better. Obtain x bear furs for him.
B. Mining Problems - A local miner says that a gang of Kobolds (maybe you could call them Dogrra or something else) are terrorizing the mine. Slay their leader and x of them and bring the leaders head for proof.

4. A good storyline makes everything better. It gives excitement to the players making them want to play more because they want to know what happens next.

Level 6
Thanks a lot Blindman, I think you're the person who help me the most for now.

Start of the Plague - A villager has been infected by the plague. The Prophet will brew him a potion but he needs you to collect some herbs and materials.
I'll keep this idea cause I really like it, it's will probably be someone else than the Prophet.

Spells for Class:
A. Inquisitor
3. Darkness Banish - Removes all negative buffs within x AoE of the caster on friendly units and gives them to enemy units.
4. White Magic - Deals the Int of the caster x the level of the ability to all nearby enemy units and heals all friendly units and self with the Int of the caster x the level of the Ability.
I really like the Darkness Banish, for the momment I absolutly don't know how I can make it but I'll keep this idea too. The White Magic spell look to much like the already existing Divine Intervention (Priestress Ultimate).

B. Necromancer
1. Unholy Blast - Fires a dark ball of magic that when it hits the target, it drains their hp and mana.
2. Raise Dead - Raises x amount of skeletons depending on the previously died units.
3. Dark Redemption - When the Necromancer dies, theres an x percent chance for the Necromancer to be alive in a skeletal form. The skeletal form has a timed life.
4. Necronomicon - The Necromancer uses his mastery of dark arts and summons powerful skeletons whenever a unit dies within 500 of the Necromancer. Lasts the Int of the caster x the level of this ability seconds.
For the Necromancer I already have the 4 base spells, they are subject to change, It's why I decide that the Necromancer will not be release in version 0.08. For the moment the spell I have are(name are also subject to change):
Summon Servant: Summon a skeletal warrior until he die(not timmed) the warrior is itself a hero that will not gain XP like the normal hero(how it gain is not decided) the player will have to choose a specialization for his servant, Blood (damage dealer) or Frost (tanking). The servant will have ability (I think only passive nor auto-cast) that will increase each time the Necromancer increase his Summmon Servant spell level
Unholy Plague: A classic damage over time spell.
Death Strike: Passive spell that give chance, when attacking a unit affected by Unholy Plague, to make this unit explode and infect all near unit, they will take damage over time
Disease: AoE spell that deal damage over time to unit around the Necromancer, if a unit is affected by Unholy Plague or Death Strike this unit will take more damage.

If I return to your idea, Dark Redemption look very nice, it's the kind of spell I'm researching.

A good storyline makes everything better. It gives excitement to the players making them want to play more because they want to know what happens next.
I'm happy to heard that, me and the co-writer are working a lot on this, but during a moment we starting to think that it's useless and that we've spend hours for nothing.

Level 6
NEWS (2011-05-27)

-The new area(The Hills) is finish to terraining, the mobs present are created and placed. For the moment they doesn't drop any items. No quest refer to this area.

-The general shape of the terrain as been completely reworked.

Map2.jpg

-I've started the terrain of Heuos City(coming in version 0.09) some screenshots of the progress.

AtPHeuos01.jpg

AtPHeuos02.jpg

AtPHeuos03.jpg

AtPHeuos04.jpg

-Everything for the Rogue class is done except the level 10 spell. This spell will probably not be present in version 0.08 cause I've some problem with the concept.

-I've decide to not release the Necromancer in version 0.08, reported to version 0.09

-Quests: The concept for the biggest part of coming quest are finish, some are also finish to integrate in the map, the rest will be done soon.

-The Backpack system is done, I'm not sure if it's work correctly or if it's the better way to have a backpack. I think I'll release it as it is and I'll wait for feedback about it.

-Save/load system is now implanted

-Items: I've found which recipe system I'll use. I've not stated to create news items for version 0.08, I'll work on this after the quests

-Boss: The two planned boss' concept for version 0.08 are done. The spell have to be created and the boss have to be balanced.

-Quest: The changes applied to the Prophet's quest are done, the quest is now a little bit longer, a part is now more randomly generated, it's mean that it's will not be the same thing for each player. The quest also introduce some important character that will be important in the Storyline.

-The History progress slower than I hope.

If everything work properly and no problem occur the Next version is planned for somewhere between mid-June and end-June.

Level 6
I decided to release the Version BETA 0.08 now cause I'm getting a little bit bored and I really want some feedback before putting more time on this. The map is attached to first post, the changelog is also in the first post.

Level 12
I just noticed the arrow icons in hero selection is the one u requested long ago. :xxd: I think the arrows should be changed to fit ur map. I try to think something else.

Btw, i would also wanna try making the project banner :D It is allowed? o_O

Level 17
A great map, I am looking forward to it but, uh, you realise that it is 'Priestess', right? Not 'Priestress'?

Level 24
Holy $hit first the Dragonflight banner and now this, is there any banner you cant make?

Level 5
This looks promising
I will test it, and since I luv rpg's, I might also become a tester if you need any?

Level 6
Hey all, sorry for being ''dead'' during the summer but i wasn't able to work on my map. I've not so much time until my Christmas vacation but I promise i'll continue working on it.

Last edited:
Level 6
Daily news

2011-10-11
-New Stats and combat systems in development
2011-10-14
-Combat system is mostly done but need to be tested on certain aspect.
2011-10-15
-Next version (BETA 0.09) will only feature the Berserker, the reason is that I want to test all new system with only one class. I don't want to rework the spells of all class is it doesn't work for one.
-Combat system work perfectly for unit, only some thing to do for make it work also for player's hero.
-Another decision I took for the next version, there will be no the terrain nor the quests. I'm doing this for faster development and testing of the different systems.
2011-10-16
-I've found and correct a weird bug that make all range attack to be parried
-Combat system now work for range unit
-The bases of my new items systems have been set, this new system will allow me to easily create and manage items and Items set.
-I've also started to work on some test for the terrain, I'm trying to create my own style.
2011-10-17
-Remove the backpack system and make some try for a new one
-Try to find what was already written for the lore but it's appear that I've lost everything
2011-10-18
-Working a little bit on the lore, I've try to create a timeline of what will the player learn in order.
-For now I'm thinking about having two mode ingame, the normal story mode with quest and everything and a second mode called ''Dungeons mode'' that will only be the dungeons with a faster xp rate for being able to run all dungeon one by one
-I've delete 90% of imported object, it's reduce the file size and allow faster testing for the systems. I'll think more about the models when all systems will be created and will work.
2011-10-19
-Conception of the new map is going well, it's only at the concept phase but the entire map already done will be reworked.
-The main quest chain will dramatically change cause I want to integrate a better and stronger lore in this quest chain.
-I'll probably delete all the current quest cause they don't actually fit with the new way the history is presented to the player
-Maximum number of player down from 8 to 6 to allow all other players' hero icon to be showed.
2011-10-20
-Not a lot of time to work on my project today, but the conception is in progress
-Lots of new map plan/sketch/concept
-Some idea of how I'll include the new stats system when I'll rework all spells
-I have some ideas for the 3-4 first quests that will introduce the Keep and its origin.
-I've see the number of download of the current version (BETA 0.08) doubled since one week, but I've not receive any feedback, I just hope those person will give me some comments
2011-10-22
-I really want some feedback from all those who downloaded the map recently
2011-10-24
-Don't really have time to work on the map it self but I'm working on the concept and the lore, I've a total of around 20-25 page of sketch for areas, events, quests, or dungeons. I'm also building the personality of some main characters.
-I'm working hard on dialogue and how the informations about the characters, the factions and other organisation/events will be presented to players.
-The players will form a group of mercenaries lead by a non-players hero, this leader will interact a lot with other NPC and help the players to find the good way and will help during some fight.
2011-10-25
-Working on some concepts for a new Banner
-I've start to rewrite the Development thread, adding new information, deleting no longer useful stuff...
-Critic are always Welcome(I'm talking to all who have download the version BETA 0.08)

Level 24
That's kind of a big promise isn't it? Most because the human mind does not understand the real meaning behind the consept of eternal.

Level 6
Finish this and I'll +Rep you for all eternity.

Thanks for supporting

Daily News

2011-10-30
-I've not so much time for work on the map itself but I continue working on the conception.
-I'm currently testing the Combat System in all aspects, I'm searching for bugs or anything else that don't work properly.
-The new concept will include a less open world, you will be able to freely move in a region but when you'll follow the storyline to a newer region you'll not always be able to come back

Level 24
You certinely have a good sense of humor, anyways have fun and good luck with the project.

Level 6
Only 3 week before coming back to modding

There is a list of concept im currently working on during break time

-Race: There will be 3 playable race, Human, elf and orc

-New Class: The number of class down to 6 from 8, BUT the new reworked class will work with the race. Each class will be playable by only 2 race. For exemple the Warrior class could be an human or an orc. the human will be a Crusader and te ord a Berserker. Each racial class will be based on the base class and share a part of the spell set. The race specific spell for a class will be oriented for a certain gameplay, for exemple the Human Wrarrior(Crusader) will receive some useful tanking spell, but the Orc Warrior (Berserker) will receive spell oriented for DPSing.

-Lore: The lore is currently on writting/brainstorming phase but the principale line of action are written.

-Stats/Combat system:Lot of little improvent are already listed, thing like someone can't dodge/parry/block an attack when he's stunned. It's one of the first thing I'll do when coming back in production.

-Items: All old Items/Items set don't work with the new system, they will be deleted but newer will come.

-Art:I'm working on a new banner/loading screen concept. When I'll have time all will be scanned and reworked in Photoshop, I need to practice a little bit but it's will be nice.

2011-11-27 NEWS: Main post update

2011-11-30 NEWS: Main post update, again

Only 2 week before coming back to modding

I invite you to follow the progression of the main post during the next week to see the changes. I'll probably finish to update all informations soon. I'm always open to critics/ideas.

Hope Version 0.09 will come during the Christmas vacation.

2011-12-02 NEWS: Main post updated

2011-12-05 NEWS: Main post updated again. Only 3-4 big projects to finish and I'm back in production

2011-12-10 NEWS: Main post updated again(yeah). Less than one week before working on AtP, I've added an early map version of the worlf of Agaginst the Plague

2011-12-14 NEWS: 24hrs before returning to modding

Last edited:
Level 6
Sorry for that, I no longer have time, I'll try to find the latest good version, but when I stopped working on it I was reworking all system, none were finish and they all work together, I think it's will be hard to understand for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.