• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Fate of Kelv Dakous RPG

How should it end with the good guys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fate of Kelv Dakous RPG
This RPG is based on a combination of Oblivion and Fallout 3 gameplay. The main thing is to finish the last main quest, to do that, you first have to do the "main quest", a quest that must be done, you can't escape it. When you finish it you can choose your class. To get the last quest you need to do main chain quests. Chain quests are quests that are "bound", like doing a simple campaign, every time you finish one you get another one that continues the story. Beside, you have 200 to 300% more optional then main quests which you can do to raise you level, get better gear and earn money.
Story: Kelv Dakous, the Hero in this RPG, is looking for his old father Mangor Dakous. His father was a knight that fought against the evil Hek'kul undead witches. After several weeks, Mangor didn't came home so his son Kelv decided to find him...
DESCRIPTION
- You start as a traveler, in a village where you have to do a main quest. You have no abilities, spells, skills. Then you can choose, Assassin, Wizard or Striker. After some time the Hek'kul attack that village, you have to get out of there and fight some of them. When you finish the first main quest you can continue if you like that class or reset the map and choose your class again (so you can choose the best suitable class for you). Then you start the real RPG, do optional quest, learn new spells, upgrade yourself, learn many skills. Some levels later you can buy a horse so you can travel faster, use a boat to travel to new destinations.
Here is what we got:
- Excellent terrain, many doodads and pathing blockers (the doodads don't have pathing so the environment is much better)
- Good working creep respawn system
- Mining. A special spell to mine silver and gold ore.
- Many attachments
- Enterable/exitable houses
- A good story :)))
- Item classes. (The hero can carry only 1 permanent (weapon), 1 artifact (helmet) and 1 purchasable (chest armor)
- Item subclasses. Cloth, Leather, and Heavy armor
- Item stacking system. Every item with charges will be stacked with the same item when it is picked up.
Things we're currently working on:
- Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, Tailoring, Alchemy, Fishing, Cooking and Leatherworing (maybe i'll delete them, it's too much useless work)
- Weather system
- Citizen life system --- A system where citizens go sleep, walk around town and some of them work. (Triggered of course)
Here is what we're looking for:
1. Item respawn system - e.g. if a shimmerweed plant is picked up it will regenerate (respawn) after 960 seconds. (day time in the map)
2. Striker (warrior), Wizard (fire, frost and arcane spells) and Assassin spells, don't have to be triggered spells, they must be unit spellbook spells with 3-4 levels, with 4-8 spells, as many possible. The spell books should have 3-4 levels. [NOT HERO LEVELS, it will be upgradable, you will buy the level 2 spell book at some "trainer", so you learn them by buying an upgrade. I did the upgrades, just need the spells. HERO CLASSES MAY CHANGE, but they will be like this, but more "different".
3. Some ideas for boss spells (triggered of course)
4. Bigger story, some quest ideas.
5. A name for the RPG!!! [GOT IT]
6. More team mates. (modeler, skinner and triggerer)
-----------Map status-----------
Triggers for spells....= 4%
Spells.......................= ~20%
Triggers other..........= 19%
Main Quests.............= 1%
Terrain.....................= 100%
Doodads..................= 100%
Story........................= 20%
Optional Quests.......= 15%
Attachments............= 56%
Items.......................= 33%

Total progress.........=36.8%

Project team:

Bugbuster96 (Project leader): Triggers/terrain/ideas

NOTE: THIS IS SINGLE-PLAYER SO DON'T ASK! IS GAME OVER!

I will update the beta map later so here are some picture of the map!
The terrain is almost done, some minor fixes will be done so I wont upload more picture of the terrain

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 362
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 256
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Level 9
if you're still stuck on some quest ideas, family or friend confrontations are always worth something, also twist like a friend betraying you, or the bad guy being good fits in any story.

Also you should make your main character not to common, give him a real attitude, a way of life or sumin, perhaps an anti-hero, I've seen lots of rpgs and the dialogues are always the same, good guy trying to kill evil boss at the end.

Well, some places don't even exist cuz i lost like 60% of it and them decided to re-do the terain, and I think i'll change the text when i finish the first demo-beta.
---
I used doodads without pathing, because then i can more costumize it, every little detail, but i got some issues, there is a limit of doodads, about 8000 props and 6000 destructibles. Then I found the JassNewGen world editor, and there I can make it unlimited, and so far i am i need of spells, story and maybe a bit help for the quests and side-quests. Thanks for commenting!

Status
Not open for further replies.