• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New RPG [needs a name]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fate of Kelv Dakous RPG

The Fate of Kelv Dakous RPG
I am working some months on a RPG, it's warcraft 3 style and it's a big map, not the largest terrain but something medium size. There are no quests at the moment but I am still gathering ideas...
Story: Kelv Dakous, the Hero in this RPG is looking for his old father Mangor Dakous. His father was a knight that fought against the evil Hek'kul undead witches. After several weeks, Mangor didn't came home so his Kelv decided to find him...
DESCRIPTION
- You start as a traveler, in a village where you have to do a main quest. You have no abilities, spells, skills. A guard asks you what is you class, (then you can chose, Assassin, Wizard or Striker) After some time the Hek'kul attack that village, you have to get out of there and fight some of them. When you finish the first main quest you can continue if you like that class or reset the map and chose again. Then you start the real RPG, do optional quest, do professions like mining, alchemy, leather working and learn new spells, upgrade yourself, learn many skills. Some levels later you can buy a horse so you can travel faster, use a boat to travel to new islands.
Here is what we got:
- Excellent terrain, many doodads and pathing blockers (the doodads don't have pathing so the environment is much better)
- Good working creep respawn system
- Mining. A special spell to mine silver and gold ore.
- Many attachments
- Enterable/exitable houses
- A good story :)))
- Item classes. (The hero can carry only 1 permanent (weapon), 1 artifact (helmet) and 1 purchasable (chest armor)
- Item subclasses. Cloth, Leather, and Heavy armor
- Item stacking system. Every item with charges will be stacked with the same item when it is picked up.
Things we're currently working on:
- Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, Tailoring, Alchemy, Fishing, Cooking and Leatherworing
- Weather system
- Citizen life system --- A system where citizens go sleep, walk around town and some of them work. (Triggered of course)
- Smelthing --- Making ores into bars for better forging.
- Mount spell. It will be learned at a stable in a city but I need someone to make me a villager riding a horse model and the villager on the horse must have the original villager attachment points so that the attachments work when he rides the horse.
Here is what we're looking for:
1. Item respawn system - e.g. if a shimmerweed plant is picked up it will regenerate (respawn) after 960 seconds. (day time in the map)
2. Striker (warrior), Wizard (fire, frost and arcane spells) and Assassin spells, don't have to be triggered spells, they must be unit spellbook spells with 3-4 levels, with 4-8 spells, as many possible. The spell books should have 3-4 levels. [NOT HERO LEVELS, it will be upgradable, you will buy the level 2 spell book at some "trainer", so you learn them by buying an upgrade. I did the upgrades, just need the spells. HERO CLASSES MAY CHANGE, but they will be like this, but more "different".
3. Some ideas for boss spells (triggered of course)
4. Bigger story, some quest ideas.
5. A name for the RPG!!! [GOT IT]
6. More team mates. (modeler, skinner and triggerer)
-----------Map status-----------
Triggers for spells....= 4%
Spells.......................= ~20%
Triggers other..........= 19%
Main Quests.............= 1%
Terrain.....................= ~95%
Doodads..................= ~93%
Story........................= 20%
Optional Quests.......= 15%
Attachments............= 56%
Items.......................= 33%

Total progress.........=35.6%

Project team:
Bugbuster96 (Project leader): Triggers/terrain/ideas
Khaled: Triggers/ideas/items
(Looking for someone who can make models, a skinner and someone who has some average triggering experience)

NOTE: IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME BUT DON'T HAVE ANY RESURRECTION ITEM/SPELL IT IS GAME OVER!

I will update the beta map later so here are some picture of the map!
More Pictures soon!

Last edited:
Amazing.. The terrain really looks promising. I think this is a map im going to check out. As far as i can see, the description is nice aswell. Is it going to be singleplayer? The amount of imports is almost saying its singleplayer, but who knows? I wish you good luck on this amazing project you started. Really nice screenshots.

~x-omg-x

1st reason
The best RPGs are the Singleplayer. I mean you can do much more things in a Singleplayer rpg than in a multiplayer rpg.

2nd reason
I will need like 100% more work to make all things work for all players, it will be more fun to play it with friends but MAN, that's much work to do and I really don't want to spend this whole year on making all things Multiplayer.

3rd reason
I want to make this map look awesome, the "graphics", doodads, units, special effects, but the problem is that the multiplayer map size is limited! So I can't add much imports and have a giant story, awesome gameplay, and many more customizations at the same time...

Last edited:
BUMP!
OK guys, the terrain is almost done, I will upload a map of the map (hahaha :D) also I added a new village, south of the main city, by the way, the city is now a bit wider and the stables are re-made and I added 1 more enterable house in that new village. When I'll make the Map picture I will name all geographic objects like city, villages, forest, zones, etc...

Level 9
1st reason
The best RPGs are the Singleplayer.

so true, I'm glad someone is making another single player rpg, they are truly fun to play with the right custom systems, fancy terrain and storylines that in average beat any multiplayer rpg. A tip tho, don't make long cinematics, dialogs can easily be done with 'show text', this way you can always read it again in the log if you forgot what you had to do, and you can play while reading the conversation.

Anyway this is lookin good, weird you made the terrain first, I myself do that at the end so the editor doesn't take so long to load, but everyone is intitled to make his map his own ways :)

+rep for just trying to make a nice single player rpg

Yea, thanks for comments and thanks for +rep-ing :D
@skamigo: I know, my map needs some 20-30 secs to load but I really can't get any ideas for quest, items, story without a fanstastic terrain... My soul is bound to the environment! :)
@Goffterdom: I know, I know... :)

BTW, I am looking for someone who can make some models for the map and someone who is interested for making Triggered spells for the project (Not too complicated/advanced, just a bit better then the original spells). Your name will be in the creditz and on the loading screen.

Level 18
I think solo/multi is just different. I love to clear dungeons with my friends, but I also like to have gigantic world to explore in solo with maps changing and all the other stuff you can easily do.

Level 9
Yea, thanks for comments and thanks for +rep-ing :D
@skamigo: I know, my map needs some 20-30 secs to load but I really can't get any ideas for quest, items, story without a fanstastic terrain... My soul is bound to the environment! :)
@Goffterdom: I know, I know... :)

BTW, I am looking for someone who can make some models for the map and someone who is interested for making Triggered spells for the project (Not too complicated/advanced, just a bit better then the original spells). Your name will be in the creditz and on the loading screen.

You don't have to worry too much about the story, people won't care that much for it, rpg's most important feature is gameplay, and terrain if you're epic at it, which you are.

For quests I'll give you a list of standard quests:
'kill # creatures'
'Find some item somewhere'
'Collect the components for a recipe'
'Defeat boss'

If you got the time you can check out my rpg (link in sig), I think it should give you some idea.

For items, well that's not rly hard, depends if you use some special system regarding these.

If you need triggered spells, you can search for some hero contest maps, which contain some custom spells. I have a lot of custom spells in my hero defense, but a lot of these are moving spells (like the unit goes in the air and lands a certain distance further, it would prolly bug if you can like jump into an other area).

@TheDanish: Thanks, seems like I have magic powers, I give moral to people :)
@Goffterdom: I know, WoW is cool to play but Oblivion/Fallout 3 is cool too :)
@skamigo: That "type" of quests are the simplest, to make and to do, but for the Main quests I will add some story to make it more interesting, chain quests. Also I will make some quests that you can repeat, or as I call them, JOBS, every 2 days or so... :))) I played World of Magic, but I will play it 1 more time.

Last edited:
NOTE: I deleted the map (I was cleaning my Downloads folder and My folder and I deleted it somehow, after I cleaned the Recycle Bin I noticed that my map is missing) Luckly I had a copy of it, but the progress is a bit smaller, the new village is missing and some minor terrain deformations. I scaled the map by 50% more.
Anyway, I need some models and some few systems. I will ask for them later except one system.
I need a simple "profession" system.
It should be like (blacksmithing):
A normal spellbook spell, if you open it you get smelt silver, and smelt gold.Example: If you cast the smelt silver and have 1 silver ore item in you inventory it will turn in 1 silver bar. Also when you open the spellbook there are 2 more spellbook spells, armorsmith and weaponsmith. When you open each of them you get plans "recepts" for how to make an weapon, for example: 1 silver bar, also need to be in a region (anvil) to do it. You loose 1 silver bar but get the weapon at you location, or in your inventory.
Description, names and icons don't matter. I wil choose it and also the system don't have to be MUI.
That should it be...

Oh, well, then I would need a simple units spell, Stun effect but more like sleep, it should be like this:
When you use it to an enemy unit, you throw a dagger at the target with quite fast speed, when it hits the target it gets paralyzed for 10 seconds and damages some minor instant damage, like 30-40dmg and if the target is attacked it "wakes up".
Could you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.