• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A short preview of my new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi @ all.

Below you can see a collection of small previews of some features in my current project. So far there are >4<(listed from new to old):

Mai 7th: The charinfowindow

Mai 4th: Updated inventorylook, tradewindow and charinfowindow

April 12th: Autostackingfunction and differnt kind of itemusage

April 9th: Inventory- and backpacksystem​

Some features allready working:

Hero stats:
-Equipment effects the herostats
-Hit/critchange, evadechange, movementspeed, armour, spellhit/critchange, magicresistance(5 schools)
-Attackpower effects dmg of melee/range attacks, spellpower effects dmg/heal of spells
-HP/MP-regeneration (HP only when not in combat)
-You can train you weapon/armourskills (visual effect in charwindow + message)

Inventory:
-Carry up to 95 items + 13 equipmentslots
-Itemstacking/itemsplitting
-Interactiv tooltips for inventory/equipmentitems
-Equip items via drag'n drop, double leftclick or use with hero
-Equipmentrules: 1 2h weapon + ranged, or dual 1h weapons + ranged, or 1h + shield + ranged
-If you use different types of armour(cloth, leather, plate) or weapons(f.e. 1h sword + 1h axe)you'll train all skills

Tradewindow
-Complete inventoryoverview
-You can sell/buy/change multiple items per deal
-Buy/sell from stacks

Charwindow:
-Complete summary of hero stats
-Complete overview of weapon/armourskills(with progressbars)

Interface:
-Buttons to switch between the submenus

So please ask questions or give feedback. Im going to post some more previews in the furture.

If you are curious about my project, don't be shy and PM me :)

greetings

Thy

EDIT: Added a new preview of the charinfowindow(open fullscreen:))

3rd preview: updated inventorymenu, tradewindow, charinfowindow
YouTube - Item und Backpacksystem 3
2nd preview: autostack and different kinds of itemusage
YouTube - Item und Backpacksystem 2
1st preview: Backpacksystem at its beginning
YouTube - Item und Backpacksystem

Last edited:
Level 11
Wow, so many nice answers o_O

First at all I am sorry that I posted into the wrong forum, sry ;(

Also, did you make this in vJASS?

No, this was so far completly done without using vJASS. I used several workarounds. And yes, I am sure the script would be shorter if done in vJASS. Nevertheless it dosent leak for now(I tested it by using a loop picking up 10000 items).

That's just awesome. Are you gonna release the system? Pretty please? :p

I'm not sure, if this system can be used in other maps without a huge amount of work. First at all isn't MUI for now. Along with the "script" there are several models I have made, f.e. the UI (background, buttons/icons the dummiehero but filesize < 70 KB). But if I remove some of the features, the system will be able to use in customs maps. Never say never :)

Can I have your skills please? :(

Don't give up. With some time and training everyone can make such a system/model.

Level 11
Id never have guessed its possible to make custom frames like that? O.O

Or was it just a really huge multiboard?

The UI contains of custom models. One for the background, one for the buttons/icons and one for the dummiehero. The mouseover and clickevents are triggered with trackables.

Level 40
Eh, I've never been a fan of trackable-based inventory systems - they take forever to make but not much thought (which has always been a turnoff for me in coding), and tend to be a hindrance to gameplay.

Meh. Nice animations and equipment models though (can't say I was too fond of the character/goblin skins).

Level 10
It's a good idea he doesn't release it.

As he said before it's in jass, and not in system form. It was made to fit his map.

If he releases it, all of you gui users are going to complain asking for support, and wondering why it doesn't work.

Anyways, it's a nice system.

It's not that hard to implent jass scripts in another map...even GUI user like me are able to do so.

Level 11
It's a good idea he doesn't release it.

As he said before it's in jass, and not in system form...

It ISN'T in JASS it's all GUI. But you are right. It was designed to fit into my map at first.

After it's complete I'll think about releasing it in system form, but that will take a while :)

Nevertheless your feedback is welcome

It's not that hard to implent jass scripts in another map...even GUI user like me are able to do so.

Yes but if this was in jass, i'm sure it wouldn't be one simple jass script.

It would consist of multiple scripts, and your going to have to modify some of it to make it fit your map.

Not to mention all of the destructables/abilities for the icons.

EDIT: Didn't realize I double posted.

Level 11
Added another preview(look for it in first post) of the updated inventorylook, the tradewindow and charinfowindow.

Have fun

Thy

Level 11
Added anothter preview. Focus is on the charinfowindow, have fun watching (video can be found in the first post).

Thy

Level 11
Have you done any terrain screenies?

Nope, I haven't start terraining yet. I am working to get all the needed systems/functions to run. Cause after they are ready, I can simple copy/paste them and the needed units/item/doodads into the real map. Before starting terraining I have to finish the story line.

Level 17
If this was made it in GUI, then it's definitely not releasable.

That's so 100% not true, most people use GUI and not jass. You can say all you want GUI this JASS that. And you'll nagging will be correct.
But some people don't have the time to learn an entire new language.
Blame me all you want, I stick with my terraining and simple gui. It's easier to use for people like me.

Oh hey, system looks nice. And I'll be honored if I could help you terraining. xD
But how nice that system might leak, I bet it was a pain in the * to make. I'm sure of that. xD

Level 29
That's so 100% not true, most people use GUI and not jass. You can say all you want GUI this JASS that. And you'll nagging will be correct.
But some people don't have the time to learn an entire new language.
Blame me all you want, I stick with my terraining and simple gui. It's easier to use for people like me.

I think he was commenting on the fact that big advanced triggers can't be organized at all in GUI, and at the end, the only one who'll understand what the hell they do is whoever wrote them.

As to "learning a whole new language" - Jass is so hard to learn that it takes around... err... one day.

Level 17
I think he was commenting on the fact that big advanced triggers can't be organized at all in GUI, and at the end, the only one who'll understand what the hell they do is whoever wrote them.

As to "learning a whole new language" - Jass is so hard to learn that it takes around... err... one day.

No flaming or anything, but I don't have the brains for Jass.
I'm better with people then with math, coding etc at all.
Just because you and others can learn it easy does not mean that everybody can learn it easy.

It's like everything in life, I understand fine that 2 + 2 = 4, but I've seen plenty of people going: WTF WHY over simple stuff like that. They are not dumb, it's just not for them.

Same thing for sports aswell, I'm a good fighter, but when playing soccer you'd better grab yourself some other team mate as I always miss the darn ball.

Not everybody can be good in something. That's life.

EDIT: If Jass is easy, then come and teach me. If you don't you have no rights to tell me it's easy as I tried learning it and never understood a thing in those tutorials.

Level 6
Dude, that preview is completely sexy. It's awesome how you've got it looking!

I must admit, the fact that it's done in GUI and not in JASS is a bit of a letdown, though. But, if/when you decide to release it, I'd be happy to get hold of the GUI version and convert it to JASS, and then hand it back to you, for you to distribute... :thumbs_up:

Level 13
Dude, that preview is completely sexy. It's awesome how you've got it looking!

I must admit, the fact that it's done in GUI and not in JASS is a bit of a letdown, though. But, if/when you decide to release it, I'd be happy to get hold of the GUI version and convert it to JASS, and then hand it back to you, for you to distribute... :thumbs_up:

Yeah, it is a bit of a letdown, but it's quite impressive for GUI too :D

Be sure to convert it to vJass if you'll have the chance.

Level 13
Also keep it in GUI for those who don;t use jass and vjass.

What we were trying to say is that systems are better as JASS, GUI systems are really hard to make, since it's hard to make templates. Even if there are some good GUI systems, they are either really simple (and this one is not) or they are hard to import.

No offense, I was like that when I was doing GUI, always running away from JASS, "I don't want to learn JASS, get it away from me" I used to say. Then I started to slowly move on JASS and then I never did GUI again.

It was really worth it, especially with the new extended JASS things are really easy, fun and efficient.

Besides, you work out your brain cells more.

Status
Not open for further replies.