• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A new idea for an item system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay, here's an idea. I want to organize items into something like this:

-Items are divided into 6 classes, namely headgear, r-hand, l-hand, accessory, armor, and footgear, each assigned a specific item slot.

-A unit cannot have more than 1 of each item class in the inventory at a time. Thus, a unit can only have 1 headgear at a time, one or two 1-handed weapons or one 2-handed weapon at a time, one accessory at a time, one armor at a time, and one footgear at a time.

Got any useful trig I could use?

Level 8
Poot does... but as to whether or not he's willing to share it...

In any case, there's also a Full-Screen Inventory that has that :D But its in Korean, sooo...

Level 40
I'll consider tweaking my system to work something along those lines; currently the only difference is that you wield two accessories instead of an accessory and a footgear, and there is a separate inventory (still on your hero of course) for the Equipment, so you can still have a general inventory.

I have some code that I prefer to keep more private though (this is halfway in between there), so we'll see.

Level 5
Works good. The only thing that doesn't work with me is this: One of my heroes has a skill that, when learned, gives him another skill (He summons ghosts with the Locust ability from a corpse, an the skill he learns as a result of learning the first ability allows him to kill his summoned ghosts and convert each of them into hit points.

Level 5
What it has to do is that the Hero won't be able to have two extra buttons for inventory, if he already has 4 Hero ability buttons, 1 attribute bonus button, and 1 normal ability. And if you're going to suggest to not display the attribute icon, I still won't have room for the last inventory.

Level 5
Yo, I'm back. It was our sembreak, and I took a week off. Anyway, I'm back in the forums. I'll wait for it, okay? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.