• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A new evolution of epic space battle comes invading warcraft 3 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I feel like a cheer leader because of you... not sure if this is good or bad...

Its a shame macs exist in this world... Sure, they're good for music and stuff, but cant you just make the software macs use for pc. (er, i guess thats off topic too...)

On a serious note, i cant wait much longer till im gonna try to make this myself... and when i realize i cant do jass, im going to rage quit and come back to torment u for another month about posting a gameplay video or something to feed my addiction and stop myself from throwing a br-... never mind.
>:D

All the best, Matthew

Level 16
i can't do JASS too, thats why i am hoping someone could help me make my triggers simpler xD,

anyone interested in helping me with the terrain?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...black-squares-transparant-199211/#post1956880
visit the link :D

these are the things i need to work on :

-i am working on my triggers, i am trying to make the processing needs as low as possible,
i could take away 2/3 of the processing power needed for my missile system, yes i know its possible,
but its very hard to solve, right now i am stuck on this.

-i am still wandering what to do with the leaderboard too,

-and lastly is the balancing part, i need someone to test my map with.

-if there is some suggestions from the forum, i will add it up :D

-Lastly i will improve some visual effects

-then the first beta release :D

Last edited:
Level 16
Not dead, maybe postponed, I am not gonna be on my laptop for sometimes, since I am on a vacation ;D (its been a week already)

I am replyin from phi-phi island somewhere near phuket on a net cafe :D
Sorry for the late replies,

Anyways, the project isn't turning out well,
Its too laggy with that much lasers flying around, even with
Dummy recycling...I can't think of any other way to reduce the lag..o.o now I don't know wether it is gonna be released or not,
Its not playable with 10 platoons of ships shooting lazorz.
I am going to release when I found a way to reduce some more of the lags. (100++ projectiles flying around..)

btw yes you could transfer between ships, changing your main ship that you control. To smaller ships that you deploy.

Level 6
Not dead, maybe postponed, I am not gonna be on my laptop for sometimes, since I am on a vacation ;D (its been a week already)

I am replyin from phi-phi island somewhere near phuket on a net cafe :D
Sorry for the late replies,

Anyways, the project isn't turning out well,
Its too laggy with that much lasers flying around, even with
Dummy recycling...I can't think of any other way to reduce the lag..o.o now I don't know wether it is gonna be released or not,
Its not playable with 10 platoons of ships shooting lazorz.
I am going to release when I found a way to reduce some more of the lags. (100++ projectiles flying around..)

btw yes you could transfer between ships, changing your main ship that you control. To smaller ships that you deploy.

Try reducing the rate of fire of the lasers... or reduce its duration so that lasers fired will be removed more quickly.

Level 13
Use dummies for that. First trigger ship to go to targeted enemy ship and when it reaches that point, hide your ship. Then create dummies inside, give em your LAZZOR :D (laser) and order em to shot at diffrent angles or something. That's how it should be made and when they finish, unhide ship and order him to go out.

Level 16
This is getting harder, the more i edit the more wrecked it is rofl..

i didn't knew figuring out how to remove the lags will be this hard..
i guess it will be postponed until i found a way,

i will be training myself on another project,
and will be back on this one when i feel great enough, (unless someone can help me)
(or maybe i will move on to sc2 if it is not doable on wc3)
sorry,

but don't be dissapointed,
my other project is a lot more epic than this one..! ;D

woot..!

if someone wanted to help me making the projectile a lot more efficient,
feel free to PM me, so we could release the project together..!~ :D

Level 8
I believe you should move on to starcraft and learn that. Sadly, warcraft 3 is a dieing universe, and your efforts would be better applied there ^^ Good luck! Maybe you could release the unfinished map for people who want it? I myself left warcraft a while ago after the majority of players moved on to starcraft.

Level 16
i don't feel its wasted at all, i learned a lot through this, i will get back to this later on,
i feel like i am getting a grip of how to do things better, i can see some lights in it,
so it won't be long

starcraft isn't a bad idea, but its just that it will never fit me,
my game is cheerful,
that starcraft is too dark, its environment, complexity, sound effect, song, UI, etc.

if i am done with this,
i wanted to prove that graphics is not everything, this is also about the fun.
something that can only be found in Warcraft..!, The simplicity of Fun,
HU-RAH MARINES ! xD I will NEVER GIVE UP..!
i hope it stays the same for most of you mappers..!

Level 7
have you tried having the projectiles instead of using a group enumerations, using an alternate method like giving them an attack and created a trigger that runs when they notice a target in range? or giving them pheonix fire and noticing when they damage a target? there are a lot of alternate ways to detect unit collisions
your project looks like it will be a lot of fun when it is done.

Last edited:
Level 16
yeah i recycled, never knew special effect leaks even after they are destroyed o.o, so i need to remove every SpFX?

actually, didn't really lag that much with SpFX, just when projectiles reached 30 - 40 units.

thx, i will PM you when i feel its hopeless, i wanted to try my best first, until i give up xD

Level 7
have you tried giving the projectiles the goblin land mind ability(the one that makes them die when units are within a certain range) and setting the delay to 0(i don't know if this would work i don't know how fast the detection ability goblin land mines have cycles through stuff, but it might work and it would support a ton of projectiles.)

Level 16
well, even if that works, wouldn't change much.
i didn't pick unit without any checking, and i can assure you
If Then Else checking is a lot faster than wc3 checks xD
(try spamming unit with devotion aura, but delete the buff, it will do pick unit event like crazy every 2 sec, and lags more than anything. (Freezes screen for 2-3 sec.))

rather, do you want to try my new project? xD
i am not coming back to this project until i get better, so i am trying out all sort of things on my new project..! xD

Level 7
but you can have thousands of goblins land minds with out it slowing anything down, (i just did a test) even having them react instantly my one concern is does it work while they are moving.

edit: works while moving, now testing if expanding the detection field changes anything.

edit2: you can have the maximum real value and it won't slow down a thing.

Level 16
yeah its workin!,

but..
i can't recycle the unit with goblin land mine o.o
and it lags more than ever, since i can't recycle it.
(i am able to hold 50 projectile, now with goblin land mine, it only holds 30.) (Leaks unit creation.)

Last edited:
Level 16
Guys, thx to narogog, i finally had this motivation !
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/projectile-collisions-205271/

i will give special thanks to you narogog! xP
i finally decided that i will finish what i started !

sorry to be lazing off, and lying about not being able to complete it,
its just that i can't take it having to delete all my old triggers.
so i lost my motivations to finish this map.
it will be finished when there is a 3 - 4 days holiday ! i will make sure i invest all my power into it !
WOOHOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.