• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Evolution of Races 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Version 3 of Evolution of Races is within alpha stage I would like some feedback, ideas or report of bugs while I'm working on the map. The races that are currently being fixed up is Shur'nab, Nerubian, Troll, Ogre, and Goblin. So far I feel that it is 30% completed.

Races I have currently balance is Draenei, Centaur, Demon, Forsook

My idea to make the game play different some of the races such as
- Centuar to move from a mining system to auto income
- Troll where all the unit are spawn from town hall
- Ogre workers Harvest more than the average normal units
- Nerubian units can be purchase where there eggs that spawn the unit similar to Zerg
- Shur'nab spawn units for the type of building created

Secret Races -> Nomads and Elementals

Plan to create 2vs2 maps called China Town and Twlight Zone

I am seeking for a partner who demonstrates some map making capabilities to get a different perspective than my own.

Attachments

• EOR V3.0 (Alpha) Barren Eye Opt.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 1,532
Level 7
Updated Alpha 2

The Shur'ub races has been some what developed and there is some progress on the troll race. Other than that please provide feedback or ideas if you have any to helping me with this map.

Attachments

• E.O.R. V3(Alpha 2) - Barren Eye.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 705
Level 7
EOR 3 includes Shur'nab, Nerubian, Troll and Ogre though they are in the building process
Shurnab race spawns units
Nerubian race hatches eggs like zerg (I have to figure out the trigger for it)
Troll race hires units
Orge is just another race

Warning these races are in alpha stage so I have alot to work ahead before I can have it in beta. I'm releasing it because I want some ideas or opinions of how I should make the races and inform me of any bugs with the other races.

The map in my post have downloadable links to the EOR 3 maps they are playable so it can be tested there.

Level 7
I find a map with very much races very interesting, but why in "Evolution of Races" always one hero are spawned at start and what is the reason for the mass foods provide? Its exist in the advanced Gamemenu for the beginning of the game the option for spawn random unit, u can use this option in the triggers too when you want a hero at the begin. And maybe you should create a extramenu for the maximum of food provide. I find 100 are best... 100 are warcraft style :ogre_haosis:. Over 100 and with this safe expands its important to have very much units... thats not warcraft:cute:

Level 7
The four extra races I mentioned is heavily in alpha stage and I would like some ideas or bugs reports on the other 13 races.

My reason for food over a hundred is so that people can have larger armies. People seem to mention it and it seem as though there is a problem with it so I will remove it thank you for the suggestion.

There is a extra one hero add to avoid a bug in the game constants of map editor I will remove the extra hero and add a trigger if I can figure it out.

Level 7
Bug detected by the new ogrerace. When the workers use their abilty to run in the house, they cant build buildings later. And by the way, sometimes i have good ideas for innovated abilitys or units. When i get a new one i will tell it to you.

Edit: Second Bug detected(or it isnt?): The waves of "Hystery" of the Centuar-hero "Fanatic" go just in the bottum direction, damage nothing in the top direction.

Last edited:
Level 7
Bug detected by the new ogrerace. When the workers use their abilty to run in the house, they cant build buildings later. And by the way, sometimes i have good ideas for innovated abilitys or units. When i get a new one i will tell it to you.

Edit: Second Bug detected(or it isnt?): The waves of "Hystery" of the Centuar-hero "Fanatic" go just in the bottum direction, damage nothing in the top direction.
Thank you new divide I will look into those issues.

Is this still going on? If so, there should be a Murloc race too.
Sorry there will not be a murloc race as they are part of the naga race

Level 7
Hi Wazzz long time no talk. I know I can't get a team going so I was hoping this community forum will help me see things in a new light, brainstorm new ideas and discover bugs. To fully complete this map of course difficult doing it solo.

I've attached my latest Evolution of Races 3 alpha 3.

Attachments

• EOR V3.0 (Alpha 3) - Barren Eye Opt.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 871
Status
Not open for further replies.