• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

War of the Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello everyone. Yes its another of those. But the difference between my map and the previous one is that mine actually has models that look like they belong to their race. For e.g. My goblin barracks will actually look like a goblin barracks and not the pile of junk doodad.

It will basically be alliance vs. horde, 6 vs. 6
the races are:
Alliance-human, Dwarf, High elf, Blood elf, Draenei, Ancients
Horde-Orc, Troll, Tauren, Goblin, Ogre, Naga

This also won`t just be a melee style map, but instead i`ve incorperated my own idea in it as well. Basically each player will be a different race and that race starts in the front of a town. (so a human player would start infront of a human city. And in each of these towns are hidden items that you can find, like tome of experience, potions and that kind of stuff. In each city there will also be some kind of vault and the key to the vault is is one of the opposite base`s possession. (for e.g. the key to the human vault is in the the orc base and by destroying the orcs main building you get the key). It will definitly be worth. In each vault will be a rare artifact with tremendous power.

there will be a very large center area for main combat. all the bases will be blocked off and the only way to get to each base is through a teleporter.
These teleporters will be in the center region of the map.

Yes this will be a pretty big file (im only half done and its already 11 mb. That is because there is alot of custom mods. I want this do be as good as possibly. As i said early i actually want all my units of one race to look like they belong together. Unlike the other race map where the goblin race has the goblin altar from this site as the altar and the doodad-pile of junk. to me this difference doesnt appeal to me. Hey im not saying that he didnt do a good job on in fact im going to add him in my credits as an inspiration to do this. It just does appeal to me that much.

Well im tired and heading to bed ill post pics And more info tommorrow. Plz feel free to coment on what i have told you so far.

If you want to help the main thing i need right now are these models
-http://http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/you-want-rep-i-want-models-lets-help-eachother-113459/

Level 6
It sounds like it could be really fun. But theres only 1 slight problem.... I think that at hive maps have to be under 4mb. Im not sure if thats the case but i think u might have to clear up some memory.

Level 15
sry just to clear something up what exactly do you mean by it cant be playable in multi player.

and as much as i would like to clear up space it just cant be done without completly changing the purpose of this map which is to add actually races in here that look like one whole race. but then it would be just like the previous one and that is not what i wanted to do. but if i cant submit it here than ill submit it in epic war .com and just post the link here. thx keep comenting plz

Status
Not open for further replies.