• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

9 Slot Inventory? How is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18

Also note that it was made in a third party program that he's been working on
This is false. That video linked is a video of Warcraft III Patch 1.31. The program I have been working on began around that same time, and was not playable even slightly until 2020 at which point the earliest prototype did not have inventory. (The post linked is from 2019.)

Edit: Admittedly 2 years later after the 2019 post in question was made, I did develop the same system in about 30 minutes on my external program and feature it in a video, but that is not something that can be used with War3.

However, the 1.31 map with that inventory shown in that video stopped working on Reforged. All the icons flipped upside down and broke and stuff. I didn't really understand why, but these systems are a giant hack.

How about you just use this tasyen system or something like that?

I think his solution with multiple inventories if I understood correctly when I heard him talking about it, is probably better than the solution I was using in the video there

Level 24
This is false. That video linked is a video of Warcraft III Patch 1.31. The program I have been working on began around that same time, and was not playable even slightly until 2020 at which point the earliest prototype did not have inventory. (The post linked is from 2019.)

Edit: Admittedly 2 years later after the 2019 post in question was made, I did develop the same system in about 30 minutes on my external program and feature it in a video, but that is not something that can be used with War3.

However, the 1.31 map with that inventory shown in that video stopped working on Reforged. All the icons flipped upside down and broke and stuff. I didn't really understand why, but these systems are a giant hack.

How about you just use this tasyen system or something like that?

I think his solution with multiple inventories if I understood correctly when I heard him talking about it, is probably better than the solution I was using in the video there
I'm so pleased to be wrong~!

If you want the map shown in that video, maybe it's not the exact version from the time the video was recorded but the same inventory system is here as an attachment to my rambling post:

IMPORTANT NOTES on this system:
  • After using the Item Editor on your map, such as adding or removing an ability from an item, you will need to run this program on the map: ReterasModelStudio/GetMeTheItemAbilities.java at drms · Retera/ReterasModelStudio . If you do not run this, then the jass database of abilities per item will get out of sync with the map
  • System is never tested in multiplayer and would probably desync or break
  • System has other issues noted elsewhere such as some abilities showing inventory that shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.